It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 men arrested in brooklyn, ny heading to join ISIS.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
well if you do not think you are being surveilled all the time you will change your mind after this. Link follows. Warning i do not support terrorist or their actions. this is two fold im pointing out no matter who you are you and under watchand reporting this incident in brooklyn.

3 men arrested by FBI for trying to join ISIS

edit on 15upppm by yuppa because: making it understandable by everyone.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Admittedly, I am not one for watching video online...and not certain that link had video in it. But I saw nothing truly discussing surveillance, rather that the trio were apprehended.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

Then you clearly didn't bother to read the article, which did show how they've been under surveillance for a while.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
So um...what's your point? That they were under surveillance for a while?

Yes. Yes they were.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface

Then you clearly didn't bother to read the article, which did show how they've been under surveillance for a while.

Ummm....

YES....

I read the freaking article.

Now, I did just turn around, and found that there is more information there at this time.

Jesus some people can be such asshats.

If I'm mistaken, perhaps you could suggest that I may want to re-read.

Rather, your communication is based on disdain. Great Job. Have a wonderful day.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
How does one go about joining IS, is it a bit like joining the Judean Peoples Front..?

How much do you hate the west,...?

eh...a Lot..?

OK, yer in, type scenario.

edit on 25-2-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I apologize for my rudeness. Didn't mean to be so blunt.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
One of these idiots posted online that he wanted to kill the president. Now I can't find where I read that. I shall look further.... But, gee I wonder if that's what clued the FBI in.

FBI Assistant Director in Charge Diego Rodriguez said: “The defendants looked to join the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, by flying to Turkey in a vain attempt to evade detection. And several of the defendants planned to commit acts of terror here—in America—if they could not travel, to include killing FBI agents. The defendants violated the true tenants of their faith in pursuit of their radical, violent agenda.”

edit on 2/25/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/25/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface

I apologize for my rudeness. Didn't mean to be so blunt.

Thank you for the apology, I do appreciate it.

Honestly, my response wasn't 10000% aimed at you, it is something that has been boiling within for some time regarding the way many people decide to interact here on ATS, and truly, the internet in general.

Again, thank you

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Pretty much what I was getting at, but wanted to see what sinister plot the OP had in mind.

Threaten to kill president. Talk about getting a machine gun to kill cops and FBI agents. Talk about supporting ISIS. Talk about wanting to go join ISIS. Talk about being willing to do something if ISIS commands it.

Gee, wonder why they were being surveilled. That's SUCH a head scratcher!

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
How does one go about joining IS, is it a bit like joining the Judean Peoples Front..?

How much do you hate the west,...?

eh...a Lot..?

OK, yer in, type scenario.

Lmao!
Life of Brian! Great effin movie!
Great reference too!

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Maybe the CIA, NSA or whoever should have drugged the three's tea and implanted them with a tracker....you can see where i'm going with this.?

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Ok. I know I'm prolly the minority here but I think they should have been allowed to leave and join ISIS. Of course, once they have joined I wish the wrath of God rain down on them but I just think it makes us look kinda bad arresting them for pre-crime. I mean, are we or are we not a free society? If so, Then we should be free to leave

Of course, I realize this all falls under the guise of conspiracy to commit terrorism, but that's what's wrong with the war on terror anyway. The waters get so murky eventually anyone will be deemed a terrorist if it is politically profitable
edit on 25-2-2015 by riffraff because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: riffraff

I know absolutely nothing about military stuff, but if I were to guess, I should imagine that joining ISIS would clearly fall under 'Giving AID and Comfort to the Enemy' would it not?

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: riffraff

Thats exaclty what i was going to allude to as well. I didnt know we could arrest people for a thought crime. They hadnt done anything wrong until that point. (except the guy who threatened the president) I mean I think it is morally wrong to support ISIS and show appreciation for what there doing but it is not a crime

Attempting to join ISIS? is that guilty by association? well there werent associated yet right
edit on 25-2-2015 by American-philosopher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Pretty much what I was getting at, but wanted to see what sinister plot the OP had in mind.

Threaten to kill president. Talk about getting a machine gun to kill cops and FBI agents. Talk about supporting ISIS. Talk about wanting to go join ISIS. Talk about being willing to do something if ISIS commands it.

I love you have i said that? Im not saying its not needed at times. I am sure you and others know anytime we are online you are under surveillance. The comment is mainly for the Brand new people who constantly deny they are being watched.

AS for something sinister. This in itself isnt sinister,but it is one step toward total control right?

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: riffraff
Ok. I know I'm prolly the minority here but I think they should have been allowed to leave and join ISIS. Of course, once they have joined I wish the wrath of God rain down on them but I just think it makes us look kinda bad arresting them for pre-crime. I mean, are we or are we not a free society? If so, Then we should be free to leave

Agreed.

Of course, I realize this all falls under the guise of conspiracy to commit terrorism, but that's what's wrong with the war on terror anyway. The waters get so murky eventually anyone will be deemed a terrorist if it is politically profitable

Meh...conspiracy is conspiracy, regardless. Conspiring to commit a crime is...well...a crime, regardless if it's part of the failing War on Terror or not. But from reading the story, and the fact that they went from the online post and traced it back to these guys, this was proper police work, IMO.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

I think it would fall under federal treason, but probably more under a conspiracy to commit treason, if that's an appropriate thing.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

But that means that they were being tracked BEFORE the posts right? Not BECAUSE of the posts.

So...It just lends evidence that we are all under surveillance BEFORE we actually do something that warrants us being under surveillance.

Tricky huh?

Peace

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
well if you do not think you are being surveilled all the time you will change your mind after this. Link follows.

3 men arrested by FBI for trying to join ISIS

How dare they surveillance terrorists.
What a stupid message sent by this opening thread commentary.
It just sounds like you are mad they got caught and want to use it to spread big brother fear mongering statements.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join