It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will you get chipped?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Hey ATS, first thread here! =D (sorry if something similar has been posted)

I've been seeing lots of microchip and RFID news lately, and it got me thinking.. Will you get chipped?

In this video, www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YJsxMcAJoA NBC predicts Americans will all be chipped by 2017. I have also recently come across news that some banks in the U.K. are moving from debit and credit cards to microchips. A tech company from Sweden has chipped its employees for easier access to "opening doors", etc. (lol)... www.youtube.com...

I know these videos have probably been posted before, but the discussion of this thread is intended to revolve around one simple question.

My question to you ATS, is, will you get chipped?

I recently had a discussion with some friends, and explained a possible scenario where, let's say in 10-20 years from now, (or sooner) all I.D., passwords, bank information, etc. revolves around a microchip in your body. The catch is, you can't be part of society without it. You would need the chip to buy, sell, apply for jobs, get healthcare, etc.

Most of my friends didn't have a solid answer, but a couple said they would get the chip. I told them I would rather live buck naked in the woods eating tree bark in my mud hut than let someone inject me with anything against my own will.

I'm not necessarily against technology or anything like that, but I think most of the people on this website have a general idea of where things are heading, especially if they try to force this on us. I am aware of the Zeitgeist movie clip where A. Russo is talking with one of the Rockefellers, who claims that the "people will demand it", but, I just don't see it. At least not anytime soon.

So will you get chipped? Let me know, I don't mind sharing some of my tree bark around a nice camp fire in the woods =)

-acehigh91
edit on 25-2-2015 by acehigh91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: acehigh91

I'll just borrow your words to answer the question:

I would rather live buck naked in the woods eating tree bark in my mud hut than let someone inject me with anything against my own will.

That would be my answer as well.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I'll save you some bark my friend

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

The technology is cool. But we all know that this will be used for the "Greater Good". By that I mean spying, tracking and knowing everything we do.

I for one will only get chipped if living, as you said, depended on it. If I have a choice? HELL NO.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

No I will not.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Whereas I will not willingly be chipped, it is *possible* that it could become mandatory.

This being said, a huge downfall I see is that of simply removing a body part. I believe a few years ago I read that somewhere in Mexico an implanted chip system was used for access to (crud, I think) a bank.

What did the bad dudes do? They removed the arm of the person with the chip. Then they took the arm to the scanner, scanned it, and dropped the arm only to walk away having gained what they wanted.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Also, do you think they will need anti-virus? You know, to stop me getting spammed all day by PPI and "Enlargement" tablet ads?

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Nah, RFID isn't my thing
Even if it was forced into me, i would just cut it out later in private and hide it in some ground beef to feed it to a some coyotes because lets face it. im insane

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

For someone who constantly keeps loosing and forgetting things and PINs that would be bliss. A lot less "empty" numbers plugging my brain.
Also medicine vise just think about it, got GPS and an alarm that goes off, when there is a heart standing still, or something...
I am so very romantic today.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Reject trans-humanism in all it's forms.

Vaxination Nazis... when just being human isn't good enough.
Losing item 1 of the Nuremberg code is just the start.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

Hahaha, yes! Amazing answer. I think were all insane. It's those "sane" ones that we gotta watch out for.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

IMO at first it will be a choice, but as time goes on our children, or grandchildren will be born without said choice. That's how "they" will eventually gain complete control over us, I mean them.
edit on 25-2-2015 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

For someone who constantly keeps loosing and forgetting things and PINs that would be bliss. A lot less "empty" numbers plugging my brain.
Also medicine vise just think about it, got GPS and an alarm that goes off, when there is a heart standing still, or something...
I am so very romantic today.

Wouldn't a bracelet or special card around the neck be just as effective? Look at the new phones, they can read your BP, pulse, provide GPS service etc but it's an external device. I see no need to have an implant. The verichip was easily hacked so if you have an implant that was hacked, would you have to have a new one inserted? How many implants would you have to be implanted with and how often?

The amount of personal data hacked is in the multi-millions nowadays because of the computer age. We were much safe as a whole 40 years ago as far as personal data is concerned.

"If you look at the VeriChip purely from the business angle, it's a ridiculously flawed product," says McIntyre. She notes that security researcher Jonathan Westhues has shown how easy it is to clone a VeriChip implanted in a person's arm and program a new chip with the same number.

Westhues, known for his prior work cloning RFID-based proximity cards, has posted his VeriChip cloning demo online at cq.cx...

The VeriChip "is not good for anything," says Westhues, has absolutely no security and "solves a number of different non-problems badly."

The chip's security issues may spell trouble for those who have had one of the microchips embedded in their flesh. These include eighteen employees in the Mexican Attorney General's office who use an implanted chip to enter a sensitive records room, and a handful bar patrons in Europe who use the injected chips to pay for drinks. "What are these people going to do now that their chips can be cloned?" says McIntyre. "Wear tinfoil shirts or keep everyone at arm's length?"

www.spychips.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I'm allergic, will become allergic and will maintain how horrible I feel about these allergies not allowing me to participate

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I would rather die by the sword than take the chip. This is more important than just society, this is a physical issue manifesting dire spiritual truths. The choice of getting chipped is also a spiritual battle for your soul and your choice of heaven or hell in the afterlife.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I don't see personal RFID chips becoming a thing here in America for decades. I believe this will be implemented somewhere else in the world first where they wouldn't have the same backlash. They will work there way here over time.

Would I get a chip? Hell, no.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

You know just because we teach our engineers how to make products that die in less than three years doesn't mean we are not capable of building things that last, or function flawless for a very long time.
And to the outside gadgets it has numerous advantages, like real-time scanning identifaction, if you jump on a train, you pay by entering, including security check and the crime fighting industry wouldn't have such a hard time molesting citizens anymore, because there would be no suspicion but recording. No more innocent death sentences.
Sure you can say, but what if it gets hacked, but that would also be instantly reportable and trackable. We of course would need a very advanced and smart selfcontrolling algorithm, almost like two counter checking A.I.s or something.

Uh you just gave me an awesome idea... =>God and Devil are A.I.s That exists already somewhere doesn't it?

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I believe this will cause people to try and find "Blacklisted" ways to leave the country such as illegal transportation, hiding on boats, whatever they can to get out. This makes me think of modern day slavery and how this could trick people to falling victim to these slave trades by trying to escape the country.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: BlessedLore

I'm not sure what I like more, your avatar or your answer. But I will be there to die by the sword with you! =p

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Yeah so that's maybe the problem:
You want to die by a sword? Like how it cuts through your belly? Is that what gets up in the morning because you want to finally feel cold steel cutting through you? Be careful what you wish for, I'd say

And prefer to see a StartTrek Future, but we're all Han Solos and can just get our Luke-powers implanted so, puh who needs years of padavaning!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join