It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Hilter's Mein Kampf is Being Re-Printed-First Time Since WW2

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 05:44 PM

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Like we really need more hate in this world, i am all for free speech but i wouldent mind if this book never came back on print.

People act like the only thing the book says is offensive things towards Jews. He was a politician I'm sure he spoke about multiple things.

Calling an entire book "hate" is a really simplistic view. The Bible talks about how Israel is "God's Chosen" and even with those views of racial superiority the Bible still has some wisdom in it.

Just my unbiased view.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 06:19 PM
Its sold in multiple book stores here in Aus, has been for a long time.
I bought a copy back in 2005 and read it, long...boring.. read. But I love history so it was worth it.. kinda!

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 06:23 PM
I have read parts of the book, mainly because I am a devoted student of military history, and one of my beliefs is that to understand certain historical acts and events one has to understand the actors involved in those events. Hitler singlehandedly ushered in WWII, giving him much historical importance. Then he took many actions after gaining power, and a student of history must understand the man if they wish to understand why he made some of the decisions that he made. This does not mean one has to agree with the ideas or anything like that. I think such a mentality is part of the problem. People don't want to see this book reprinted because of the vileness and evilness of the man who wrote it, as well as some of the ideas contained within, but this view is ridiculous. We cannot simply ignore history. See, when the book was first distributed it could have been considered hate propaganda in some ways, while today it would be circulated for an entirely different reason, namely the understanding of history.

There are also ideas within the book that are accurate, and some of the military ideas were understandable. Not everything Hitler believed or did was evil or insane. What has earned him that reputation was the Holocaust, plain and simple. It is not that he had so many people killed that we view him as the worst man in history, but because he exterminated millions of Jews. My reasoning is that Stalin was much worse than Hitler when it came to the numbers of people he had executed, but because Stalin was not persecuting those of Jewish ancestry he somehow was not as bad as Hitler. The above statements are not really related to the discussion, but I just wanted to point that out because I find it ridiculous. Hitler was maybe the second most evil person in history, if we are going by the numbers of people killed. Anyway, what I was saying is that some of the military and political ideas were quite viable and understandable for Germany at that time.

Hitlers preoccupation with establishing Lebensraum in the East is interesting because this likely had much to do with Stalin planning to invade Germany, probably in 1941. When the wermacht pushed over the border of the USSR, the Russian forces were deployed in offensive formations from the front all the way to a couple of hundred miles. Had they been preparing defensive positions German casualties would have been much higher, and the German's initial successes would have been far less. Some debate this fact, but it is just that, a fact. Stalin was deploying forces for an invasion of Germany, and the invasion plans, the order of battle, and all other aspects of the operation have been uncovered. Germany, and Hitler himself, were quite surprised to learn of what the USSR was up to after they invaded the nation. It is said that Hitler even stated that had he known the true disposition of Stalin's forces, he never would have launched Barbarossa. I doubt that very much however. Anyway, I believe that part of the reason Stalin was appeasing Hitler and honoring the Soviet-German pact, giving Germany oil, etc., was to keep Hitler pacified until the Soviet offensive was ready. And I also believe that Stalin's decision to invade Germany was because the USSR at that time had a military doctrine centered around gaining the initiative through offensive operations. They knew that Hitler would eventually invade their nation, and they would simply strike first. A preventive strike, in military terms. And why would the Russians know of Hitler's plans to invade their country? From Mein Kampf, were the idea is given precedence.
edit on 2/25/15 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:57 PM
Are all of you guys understanding that the ban was only in Germany? They had a copy at my library when I was a kid.

I don't think censorship is a good thing so support the ban being lifted.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 02:02 PM
a reply to: lostbook

It would be interesting to read, I never finished my copy.

But I think the "2,000-page volume that features mostly criticism and analysis." is a bit much.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:13 PM
a reply to: SubTruth

So killing millions of people because they are seen as a strain on the countries good is acceptable?

He was just weakening his countries strength by killing all those potential workers, innovators, and perhaps soldiers. Every person has strengths and weaknesses. If he was truly a man of the people he would have understood this and took a more teamwork, all inclusive approach.
edit on 1-3-2015 by asmall89 because: (no reason given)

top topics
<< 1  2   >>