It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hilter's Mein Kampf is Being Re-Printed-First Time Since WW2

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
It really is a badly written book, but an interesting read. I own a 1943 copy that I got from my late grandfather.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

The new edition, which is being produced and published by the taxpayer-funded Institute of Contemporary History, will be a heavily annotated 2,000-page volume that features mostly criticism and analysis.

I have not read it yet. The best way to understand something is to read it and analyze it with objective mind. On a spiritual "ego subjective" vs "symbiosis with everything" it could be interesting to read the subjective justifications and see Hitlers manipulation so that we do not fall for the same thing. Duality hate is insane in whatever book it is created. But Hitler is not the only one good at creating duality hate and making the hate seem logical:

In the books that are considered "holy":
Paul in the bible is very good at creating hate for those who have not the same view as him, refusing to bend to his Roman church and his view on Jesus.

Muhammad create similar duality hate for the "infidel" that will not follow his laws/will. This creates sects like Wahabbi ISIS.

Jews can use the old testaments for justifying duality hate as shown by the Zionist movement.

Namaste
edit on 25-2-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
He wrote a book then when he got power he burned all the books.
Only use is in the study of megalomania and psychopaths.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I as well have had a copy passed down, 1940 Reynal & Hitchcock Edition must be worth something these days.

Read it a couple years back dry and boring, a mans thoughts nothing all too enthralling or exciting.

SaneThinking

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Like we really need more hate in this world, i am all for free speech but i wouldent mind if this book never came back on print.

If we all pick a personal book we don't mind not being printed, how many are left?

Personally I would like to see a few President Memoirs banned from print.

Peace

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Thank you for sharing that was a very interesting story

Personally I've wanted to read it ever since my history teacher in high school mentioned he had a copy, but would not allow anyone to read it because it may "warp" our minds.

As for me I'm the furthest from racist, and just because someone says that one race is superior while others are chicken feed..it doesn't mean that I'm going to follow their ideology.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: FireflyStars
I totally agree, I think history (good and bad) needs to be taught. If you pretend something didnt happen its bound to happen again.

I did a psychological thesis on Hitler before, and he's not a psychopath. Thats what makes him so compelling, he was a compassionate intelligent man who convinced a country to hate. It could happen anywhere, unless we know the signs.

Interesting this happens alongside the Pegida protests though.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I've read it. Kind of boring, really. It didn't turn me into a Nazi.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

The hate was already there, because of what had been done to Germany by the folks who drew up and enforced the Treaty at Versailles, and before that, had drawn the US into WWI.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Of course it wouldn't turn you into a Nazi! The only way that could happen is the reader had a prior strong hatred towards Jews. But even then, you cannot blame the book.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

heavily annotated 2,000-page volume that features mostly criticism and analysis.

^^ Because of that, I'm all for it. It is a good reference to look inside a man who was evil and/or insane. Educational. Historical.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

It is a good reference to look inside a man who was evil and/or insane

Show me a dictator who can be clarified as 100% sane.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Foolish people that believe censoring something can stop the thought behind it are the very people who tend to buy into this crap.

Hitler liked to ban and burn books also..........See the irony. Germans need to get a grip for a change. And stop doing the exact same things collectively that has lead to this in the first place.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
There is no reason to fear this book. Hitler's rise had more to do with the circumstances of the time and the influential people he knew. I personally would love to read it to just get some historical perspective.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: asmall89
There is no reason to fear this book. Hitler's rise had more to do with the circumstances of the time and the influential people he knew. I personally would love to read it to just get some historical perspective.

Hitler was a progressive labor leader. He truly was a man of the people and the people listened because the average German was hungry and poor. He was all about social justice and the greater good of the masses over the individual. He loved the early progressive movement in the US and used many of it's ideals.

Gas chambers were not originally used on Jews this came much later. They used these to get rid of anyone not putting anything towards the great good of the state.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikeone718
I'd buy a copy. I've heard it isn't much of a well written book and would like to form my own opinion.

Well, the grammar in it is terrible, Hitler misconstrues or downright makes up pretty much everything and as a whole it's a truly awful piece of crap.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
This book was so in need of an edit job. It shows what unbridled ego is capable of when there is nothing but sychophants supporting it.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

My that sounds familiar don't it? Who else talks about that kind of stuff hmmmm.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen
a reply to: Anyafaj

Thank you for sharing that was a very interesting story

Personally I've wanted to read it ever since my history teacher in high school mentioned he had a copy, but would not allow anyone to read it because it may "warp" our minds.

As for me I'm the furthest from racist, and just because someone says that one race is superior while others are chicken feed..it doesn't mean that I'm going to follow their ideology.

You're welcome.

I think for me, once I saw it, it was another person's perspective. You had the good (Anne Frank), and the bad (Hitler). I wanted to see why these people were the way they were. I'm addicted to biographies. My father took me on a tour of a mansion he oversees. This doctor from FL only comes to the mansion once a month out of the entire year. Bob Hope used to visit there. The library in this mansion is larger than 3 rooms put together! I wanted to LIVE in this library! Sooooo many books! My dad taught me to speed read when I was 7. By 5, I was reading the entire Encyclopedia Britannica series and the Dictionary, just for entertainment.

I think ALL books should be read and let people make up their own minds. All banning books does is make people want to read them more! It becomes the "forbidden fruit". Usually someone's mind is made up BEFORE they read a book, the book isn't going to make up their mind for them.

BTW: I'm a MASSIVE Shakespeare fan! I'll read anything by him and have all his stuff on my Kindle.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I say it is history, let them read. Does not mean they want to be a hater just because they buy a book. No books should be banned anywhere. If you don't learn from mistakes, you are bound to repeat them. If the truth is suppressed then lies prevail. Education and information can correct any wrongs. Ignorance cannot.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join