It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majority Of Republican Primary Voters Want To Establish Christianity As A National Religion

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

These people also lack proper research skills as well. If your research consists of you googling sources that agree with everything you say then you are doing it wrong.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

These people also lack proper research skills as well. If your research consists of you googling sources that agree with everything you say then you are doing it wrong.

Yes in their thirst for knowledge some people remain parched.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: babybunnies
a reply to: hudsonhawk69

I don't think you're crazy. The far right in Western politics is controlled using very much the same brainwashing techniques that you find in the Christian Church.

Most Christians are too stupid to realize that they've been completely and utterly brainwashed by both their political AND religious leaders.

It's appropriate that The Church refers to their congregation as a "flock" because they're all sheeple that just go along with the herd, blindly going where the person in charge directs them, and not knowing why.

That doesn't make them less dangerous. In many ways, it makes them more dangerous.

I guess that's another hings that ISIS and Christians have in common!

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Lol there's history online too. Maybe they're using a limited browser!

I think it's probably 'parental controls' activated and in effect.

dammit

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

It's easier to see where the people trying to get god removed from all these places are coming from when you look at it as them trying to fix a mistake instead of pick at tradition. God shouldn't have been plastered up all over the place to begin with, so the appeal to tradition that Christians use when they get offended that people want to remove God from money or the Pledge (tbh the Pledge should be scrapped altogether, brainwashing nonsense that is) or whatever is incorrect.

You may not care about these issues because you don't think it effects you or you have a very broad definition of god. That's great, but these events are subverting the very first Amendment in the Bill of Rights by honoring one religion above all others. It's an erosion of OUR rights as citizens. So when you look at it like that, it is easier to see why it is a problem.

This is just my opinion. I'm not trying to prove anything...just telling you what I believe. I don't believe in God. I am not religious. But the existence of God in people's minds and the belief that if they do wrong, they will ultimately pay a price has served this country well. People, especially today have lost all morals. They have lost respect, honor and so much more. Human life has less value than things you can buy at Walmart. I could go on. When people believe in something greater than themselves...true or not...they "behave". I'm not promoting religion, I'm pointing out a fact.

Fact...if people worry about their soul and believe there is something greater than them watching and judging them...they behave. When they don't believe that, they don't behave. I have my own opinion, but I don't believe this would be a place anyone wants to live if God was never in the equation. Look at where we are now. As a society, we have broken every moral, downgraded our level of what is acceptable and how we treat others. We haven't done so "just because". We have done so because we don't worry about a judgement or consequences. We don't strive to be better people, we strive to be richer or more powerful at the cost of others. We have become an (forgive the word) un-Godly world and race that will one day eat itself.

Maybe a little bit...just a little God isn't such a bad thing.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: rebelv
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I completely agree with you OP. Why do a poll, when it isn't
going to happen, period.

Rebel 5

I could be wrong, I just don't see it happening. It's kind of like how
Republicans still talk about making abortion illegal, it's like, um,
The Supreme Court already decided the matter, and their rederick
is mere fantasy that abortion will ever become legal again, it's like,
move on and talk about some real issues because abortion isn't one
of them. It isn't ever going to happen.

I'm not saying for you to move on, it's these politicians and their stupid
opinions.

For example there was a politician about a month ago that suggested
a bill to execute homosexuals. It was ridiculous, the bill didn't get
one single sponsor. It was just stupid, and the guy was trying to be
a media whore.

Rebel 5

Did Naziism happen? Did ISIS happen?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

a reply to: ~Lucidity

I completely agree with you OP. Why do a poll, when it isn't
going to happen, period.

Rebel 5

I could be wrong, I just don't see it happening. It's kind of like how
Republicans still talk about making abortion illegal, it's like, um,
The Supreme Court already decided the matter, and their rederick
is mere fantasy that abortion will ever become legal again, it's like,
move on and talk about some real issues because abortion isn't one
of them. It isn't ever going to happen.

I'm not saying for you to move on, it's these politicians and their stupid
opinions.

For example there was a politician about a month ago that suggested
a bill to execute homosexuals. It was ridiculous, the bill didn't get
one single sponsor. It was just stupid, and the guy was trying to be
a media whore.

Rebel 5

Did Naziism happen? Did ISIS happen?

I refer you to history.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
We need a little moderation perhaps. If any group from any extreme ideology takes over then we got problems

Too secular is problematic, too religious also is problematic

Too secular is Stalin and Mao, too religious is exemplified by ISIS

We need to learn these lessons

I wish secular people would learn to respect moderate and good religion and that religious people would learn to respect the good values in secular thought.

But it’s always the extremes that cause problems

We know good and well the constitution is against any "Christian nation"

And believe me if they did it it would be all in name only

edit on 27-2-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
We need a little moderation perhaps. If any group from any extreme ideology takes over then we got problems

Too secular is problematic, too religious also is problematic

Too secular is Stalin and Mao, too religious is exemplified by ISIS

We need to learn these lessons

I wish secular people would learn to respect moderate and good religion and that religious people would learn to respect the good values in secular thought.

But it’s always the extremes that cause problems

We know good and well the constitution is against any "Christian nation"

And believe me if they did it it would be all in name only

The Scandinavian countries are quite secular and they don't exemplify totalitarianism.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

This is a fallacy. The humans have always been this immoral. We just talk about it more instead of sweeping it under the rug so it seems more prevalent.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

This is a fallacy. The humans have always been this immoral. We just talk about it more instead of sweeping it under the rug so it seems more prevalent.

I disagree. People simply don't care about the consequences anymore. They are let out of jail so they don't care as much and the percentage that has decided there is no god/heaven do as they please without concern.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

What? Did you just suggest that atheists have no morals? Because that is a blatant lie.

Your knowledge of history appears to be lacking though if you think this "immorality" is new. History isn't all sunshine and rainbows. Go study it. It is full of conflict, immorality, and dubious decisions with far reaching consequences. None of this is new either. It has been going on since we invented society.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Much ado about nothing, that site had a handful of links with over the top lead in titles.

This will not happen supreme court would rightly shoot it down.

Second and more importantly I didn't see any actual information, like how many people were actually polled?

Without data it's purely a hit piece.

This. What "national poll?" How was it done? Who did it poll? Looks like a political hit piece to me. I don't know a single republican that wants a national religion of any sort--they tend to be for less federal mandates, not more.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: damwel

"they hate us for our freedom"

Its not that they hate us, its that they cant control us if we are free.

Also why wouldn't you want to incorporate religious believe into gov't? It has worked so well for the middle east by bringing everyone together in peace.

edit on 13331America/ChicagoTue, 03 Mar 2015 08:13:50 -0600up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

What? Did you just suggest that atheists have no morals? Because that is a blatant lie.

Your knowledge of history appears to be lacking though if you think this "immorality" is new. History isn't all sunshine and rainbows. Go study it. It is full of conflict, immorality, and dubious decisions with far reaching consequences. None of this is new either. It has been going on since we invented society.

You know that isn't what I meant. I meant that some people don't do wrong out of fear of jail or judgement. When either of those fears are taken away, THOSE people who only hold back for those reasons will do the wrong.

If I didn't know better...I'd be starting to feel like you enjoy putting words in my mouth. This isn't the first time.
edit on 3/3/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

But you included "those without belief in God/heaven do as they please". That is where you implied Atheists have no morals. Just to be clear. Maybe you didn't mean it that way, but that is what you said.

But what you say next is right. Some people only do what's "Right" because of fear of Punishment or Judgement. Those people can be found in every walk of life from Atheist to Religious. So can those who do "Right" because of their moral belief that they should do "Right" regardless of Punishment or Judgement.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

But you included "those without belief in God/heaven do as they please". That is where you implied Atheists have no morals. Just to be clear. Maybe you didn't mean it that way, but that is what you said.

But what you say next is right. Some people only do what's "Right" because of fear of Punishment or Judgement. Those people can be found in every walk of life from Atheist to Religious. So can those who do "Right" because of their moral belief that they should do "Right" regardless of Punishment or Judgement.

Maybe partially my fault. If someone doesn't believe in God, Heaven or Hell then they can do as they please without fear of judgement. Doing as you please doesn't imply doing wrong and of course I didn't mean to imply otherwise.

Hope that clears it up.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Without fear of reprisal or consequence anyone is able to what they want. That is where morals and ethics comes from basically. However, just because someone can do something and get away with it doesn't mean they will. For example, I'm not a rapist because I think I'll get caught doing it but because I think Rape is wrong so regardless of what the consequence may be I'm still not going to do it.

In the same way you feel that No Religion allows for action with consequence I can say the opposite applies for those with Religion in that they can actually Justify doing wrong because they aren't the authority of their own morality. IMO at least for those who decide their morality themselves there is the ability to adjust and correct if needed. For those who get their morality handed to them by Religion they hand over responsibility for their actions both good and bad. Therefor stoning your wife for cheating on you makes murder morally just. Or killing someone because they worshiped some other God besides yours is justified by getting your morality from Religion.
edit on 3-3-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-3-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Without fear of reprisal or consequence anyone is able to what they want. That is where morals and ethics comes from basically. However, just because someone can do something and get away with it doesn't mean they will. For example, I'm not a rapist because I think I'll get caught doing it but because I think Rape is wrong so regardless of what the consequence may be I'm still not going to do it.

In the same way you feel that No Religion allows for action with consequence I can say the opposite applies for those with Religion in that they can actually Justify doing wrong because they aren't the authority of their own morality. IMO at least for those who decide their morality themselves there is the ability to adjust and correct if needed. For those who get their morality handed to them by Religion they hand over responsibility for their actions both good and bad. Therefor stoning your wife for cheating on you makes murder morally just. Or killing someone because they worshiped some other God besides yours is justified by getting your morality from Religion.

Of course! Never implied otherwise. But for some, religion or the belief in a afterlife or judgement day does keep them from doing bad things. For those people...losing their religion could lead to them doing wrong. So...if society in general loses religion, there would likely be more people doing bad things. On top of that...a personal opinion...there seem to be many more people today willing to steal, fight, etc. than a decade or so ago. Again, a personal observation. Just look at all the people on ATS that think taking money from "the rich" is just fine...if not necessary. Scale that down and it could just as easily be...he has three new cars and I have one old car...I'm going to steal one of his new cars. The only difference being that the government is taking it instead of a neighbor. It doesn't change the fact that it is theft.
edit on 3/4/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

But that's not the case. 8 Countries Where Atheism Is Accepted, Even Celebrated, Instead of Demonized. Statistics are baring out that non-religious countries are actually safer and better than religious ones. Atheists appear to be MORE moral than the religious.
edit on 4-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join