It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majority Of Republican Primary Voters Want To Establish Christianity As A National Religion

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I completely agree with you OP. Why do a poll, when it isn't
going to happen, period.

Rebel 5

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

That polling firm is also a "progressive" organization, unless you can point me to their polls of Democrats.

Apparently they don't want anyone to know what those folks think, I wonder why lol.
edit on 26-2-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...
Like it says in the link............they do their polling mostly for the Democratic party. Polls are getting to be about as reliable as the media. No real honesty in them, skewed.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

What about them makes them "progressive" exactly? Follow up, what makes a poll a "progressive poll"?

Did you review the poll that was under discussion? Can you point out what makes it "progressive"?

I mean, they did use complete sentences and spell everything correctly ... but ...

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Polls are either scientifically accurate or they're not.

We've established that the N value in this particular poll makes the results unscientific.

The customers a polling company works for, however, do not make a poll or the results unscientific.

Again, logic.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I get what you are saying and thank you. Who does truly scientific polling and not with bias monies?

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Now THAT is an excellent question!

Fundamentals of Polling/Sampling

Given that, it's pretty easy to determine when a poll or the results are skewed.

I will agree with you that many polls and result sets used in political activities are skewed and unscientific.

The fact remains though, a poll is not bad or good based on the political flavor of who hired it done.

Structure, sample sets, sample frame, etc. ... these are what determine validity.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Didn't say there weren't ,nor did I state when it became included.

My memory is faulty as when I actually spoke it,Jr High I think.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

And every one thinks I'm insane for suggesting a link between the christian religion and western politics!

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Majority of Republicans want to "uphold the Constitution" by supporting the second Amendment, while at the same time completely destroying a large part of the First Amendment.

"The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion"

Just like regular Christians who pick and choose which bits of The Bible to follow, they seem to want to pick and choose their Constitutional law, too.

You can't claim to be an American Patriot while at the same time you're working to destroy something that is a central part of the building block of the country.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: hudsonhawk69

I don't think you're crazy. The far right in Western politics is controlled using very much the same brainwashing techniques that you find in the Christian Church.

Most Christians are too stupid to realize that they've been completely and utterly brainwashed by both their political AND religious leaders.

It's appropriate that The Church refers to their congregation as a "flock" because they're all sheeple that just go along with the herd, blindly going where the person in charge directs them, and not knowing why.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Considereing the source of the story I would take it with a grain of salt.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

I'm posting this because it's just more political mad cow disease. I'm annoyed more by slanted tone of this than the issue itself, which they sneakily put up for "discussion," and which I don't fear or believe will ever come to fruition.

Fear it.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
a reply to: hudsonhawk69

I don't think you're crazy. The far right in Western politics is controlled using very much the same brainwashing techniques that you find in the Christian Church.

Most Christians are too stupid to realize that they've been completely and utterly brainwashed by both their political AND religious leaders.

It's appropriate that The Church refers to their congregation as a "flock" because they're all sheeple that just go along with the herd, blindly going where the person in charge directs them, and not knowing why.

That doesn't make them less dangerous. In many ways, it makes them more dangerous.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

PPP surveyed 316 Republican primary voters from February 20th to 22nd. The margin of error for
the survey is +/- 5.5%. This survey was conducted through automated telephone interviews and
interviews over the internet to voters who don’t have landline phones.

I have issues as to polls in general. They are not designed to capture the consensus of a People; rather they are designed to drive the ideologue thereof. This poll is 316 people; random and supposedly "Republican". No way to verify the veracity of such, but heck -- lets run with it.

I hope ATS is smarter than this.

Post Script --

I present the same argument when a poll comes up that N% Democrats want the Bill of Rights repealed. Its nonsense and meant to drive public opinion; not capture it.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Organized religion is for the superstitious and the afraid. Vote all you want for a National Superstition, I will have no part in it.
edit on 27-2-2015 by Leonidas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: RobinB022

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: FlyersFan

ps. I have very strong beliefs but the separation of church and state is detrimental to our country and it's politics.

How can separation of church and state be detrimental to our country when we have secular government by law?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: hudsonhawk69

And every one thinks I'm insane for suggesting a link between the christian religion and western politics!

The western world is mainly Christian and has been constructed on a Christian history?

Unbelievable.

Maybe those calling you insane are simply trolling you for stating the obvious

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

I get it religion is a boogeyman to some...

But a theocracy is decades off, and will most likely never happen for a variety of reasons.

We can start with the constitution...

If I am going to worry about something, I would suggest the growing probability of us becoming a police state, that's much more likely than a theocracy.

What do you think a theocracy is?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Not at all,some of the original edicts were based in Chtistian values,I wouldn't want them shoved down anyone's throat.
I DID like the pledge and our national anthem and even so I still won't stop other faiths from existing as they should choose but the traditional American values are Christian based and HAVE shaped who we are by our humanity and charitable nature.

Money has of course sullied a great deal here.
AND progrssive propaganda paints a false picture of the nominal Christian as well.

Can you be specific about which traditional American values are Christian-based and did not pre-exist Christianity?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join