It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majority Of Republican Primary Voters Want To Establish Christianity As A National Religion

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I'm all in favor of an amicable split myself. You guys can have the NE and the West. We'll take the plains and the South + Gulf Coast.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Do you want Kansas? LOL

And see? I knew I'd have to move. Grrr.

a reply to: Gryphon66
Yeah. It's raining now I think? Hard to see when it's dark. The OP is more about my disgust with the constant divisiveness coming at us from everywhere. Maybe an amicalbe split is our only answer. Just as long as it doesn't lead to a war....
edit on 2/25/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Sure I'll take Kansas. I grew up there and most of my family is there. Not to mention my alma and their football team. We'd keep the best college football, too, with those states.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: darkbake

The conservative state of Idaho is considering making Christianity its state religion... I read that in the news today.

Why don't the Right Wing conservative states just secede like they are always threatening to do, like Texas, OK, Idaho etc. and embrace fascism like they want, on their own citizens.

Because we know you'd declare war on us because you can't live without us. Cities don' grow produce.

And Kansas should follow Texas, OK. Idaho and Alabama...

California grows more produce and food than the rest of the country combined.

edit on 25-2-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I'm all in favor of an amicable split myself. You guys can have the NE and the West. We'll take the plains and the South + Gulf Coast.

I think (hope) we may all be joking ... but I would actually bet one something like this within 50-100 years.

Splitting Apart the United States

The United States is too large to form a coherent country. We have no sense of shared cultural identity or common purpose. Coastal citizens view the inhabitants of “flyover states” with suspicion or disgust, and many of the latter see the former as cultural imperialist invaders.

Republicans and Democrats fundamentally disagree on far too many issues. Not only is there simple disagreement, but an actual lack of a common frame of reference to even begin discussing issues seriously. In Congress, this leads to approval ratings as low as 9%.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

It did before it starting turning itself into a desert.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

a reply to: olaru12

It did before it starting turning itself into a desert.

My post about wanting the country to split is totally facetious. I take great pride in my rural Texas heritage. But the divisions grow wider and wider with this talk of "state religion" "secession" "Bible as the state book" "wanting to ban the teaching of evolution in public schools" coming from the right.
I'm not so nieve that I don't see this pandering to the Christian Right by the politicians. Still it doesn't do the country any good imo.

www.foxnews.com...
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Perhaps the new war looming on the horizon will bring us together with a totally new false flag attack. It's just a matter of time...Halliburton is getting hungry again and needs to be fed taxdollars, and the blood of young people.
edit on 25-2-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Religion has no place in my life. Have it if you want. Don't force your fairy tale fantasy on me. People that believe in imaginary beings should not be able to make decisions for others.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: FlyersFan

Here's one from a while ago that may be more accurate.
Omnibus Poll

This polls 1000 adults.

Would you favor or oppose establishing Christianity as the official state religion in your state?
Strongly favor . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 20%
Favor . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 14%
Oppose . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 16%
Strongly oppose . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 31%
Not sure . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 19%

Point is, ANYONE who wants a religion to be named as "official" supports violating the US Constitution.

Maybe that's the point of this poll. Just a peek at how many are in favor of violating the Constitution? Those keeping track of such things might find it to be important information. If they try this, and we don't make a strong stance against, what will that say about us-because at some point we will need to make a real stand.

ps. I have very strong beliefs but the separation of church and state is detrimental to our country and it's politics.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: roth1
Religion has no place in my life. Have it if you want. Don't force your fairy tale fantasy on me. People that believe in imaginary beings should not be able to make decisions for others.

That goes both ways.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Exactly. You have the right to fantasy. Just keep it in your home or church. You have the right to give money to someone to read for you. Because you refuse to or can not. And claim to be a voice for you. Because you have no voice that is answered by this imaginary being. Believe all the hype until you are broke. But don't push those fantasies on me or try and control my life with them. Let them control yours if you wish. As long as someone can bring up god fantasies i can bash them too. You don't want to hear your fantasy bashed, keep it to your self. In your home or church, only place it should be. Not gov or my life. I won't take away that right to it. Don't force your imaginary friend on me either. Or these stupid wars to pay for. " my imaginary being is more real than yours" a reply to: RobinB022

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I had to think about this one a little bit. I can see your point that it could (and the way that things are currently conducted, probably would) be used to perpetuate the Divide and Subjugate agenda that (I know this next part is probably not exactly what you meant) is part and parcel to this left vs. right paradigm we are all ensnared in. Okay. Fair enough.

On the other hand, I think that the lack of social capital is in the United States is part of why we are faltering so much and religion can be a very powerful tool for helping to establish that. This is still a predominantly Christian country and that identity can be a cohesive force, even if one doesn't identify as "Christian". I am an anti-conformist in temperament but I recognize the necessity for a certain amount of conformity. I am also an agnostic so this proposed Christian identity would leave me out of the loop, but I think that the culture as a whole could benefit from some cementing of values and cultural identity. Religion can be a cheap and dirty fix for that though and I don't know if we could navigate the problems with lack of tolerance it would bring. Tricky.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   

IF you want to get tagged and tracked even MORE than we are now follow dominionists.
THEY DO perform militant acts and are at the top of the right wing terrorist list.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
I can only wonder about the similarity to this one:

"Children practicing the Hitler salute". I mean, really, why did they come up with this thing, which is so deceivingly similar to the Hitler salute?

The Bellamy Salute was considered the proper way to salute until Hitler became our enemy.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Do we really need to be conducting polls about subjects like this? I say no. We all know how we feel about polls anyway. We can make them say whatever we want them to.

Ugh.

You can slant things sure, but good luck getting 53% of them to say they support and approve of Obama. A certain predisposition is necessary, all I'm saying.
edit on 26-2-2015 by dr1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   
They even have radio shows that promote such ideas.

Jim Garlow Says The Purpose Of Government Is To Function As 'A Minister Of God'

Fundamentalists really should call themselves "The American ISIS". It does kinda roll off the tongue nicely.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   
A lousy slanted poll does not mean the majority of republicans want a theocracy, good lord the hysteria in this thread is astounding.

Next you'll be telling me those lunatics from Westborough Baptist represent all Christians.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Nobody said that they are all in on it. But it doesn't take all of them to do it either. It just takes a large enough group of these crazies who are dedicated enough and what we have is "The American ISIS". Like this guy...

David Lane Is Mobilizing 1,000 Pastors To Run For Office Because This Is 'Our Appointed Time Of God'

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Some oldies but goodies...

Dominionism and the Rise of Christian Imperialism

Christian Reconstructionism, Dominionism, Theonomy, Dominion Theology, etc.

Overview:

Dominionism, Dominion Theology, Christian Reconstructionism, Theocratic Dominionism, Kingdom Now theology, and Theonomy are interrelated Christian belief systems that are followed by members from a wide range of conservative Protestant denominations. They are not in themselves denominations or faith groups.

These belief systems find a voice in Christian Reconstructionism -- a political movement to convert the United States -- and eventually the entire earth -- into a theocracy in which dissenters, adulterers, sexually active homosexuals, some sexually active bisexuals, witches, sorcerers, etc. would be exterminated.

Interesting stuff. And to some, I believe, a very real agenda.

This is a rather interesting six-part documentary.

And another ten-parter.

I think people forget about things.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

The data is linked in the article. But here, since you didn't notice it or didn't care to here is the link. Poll

It is a pdf from the PPP and it essentially asked republican primary voters a variety of questions about their past and future voting trends and political opinions. Quite a lot of data I would say from the 47 pages I went through.

To me the data shows that a lot of these people are just scared of anything that is different than them. If they can't successfully legislate it away, they deny its existence.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join