It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I see anger on ATS, anger that this is global site

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Hi all
I am compelled to join after 6 months because it is free

Please don't make this site subscription like they are doing in Europe more and more

I see lot of anger on this site, anger from what seem to be North American users claiming that they are no longer the only voice, and if you don't see their way you must be some kind of foreign trash

This is a global site, to change it just start completely blocking all IPs from other countries

Germany has a few sites like that but then again they used to be nazis
kidding guys just some dark humour

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: LotToTell2

Hello and welcome to ATS.. We live in a global community. There is both anger and peace on ats..

purp..

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Welcome!

enjoy your time here..

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   

I've been here a while but don't see the anger you speak of just different people with differing opinions.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Welcome. Glad to have you here

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

First and foremost, welcome to ATS. Second, yes there is anger here, but I certainly don't see it the way you do. But that's the beauty of free speech and a site like this: We don't have to see it the same way. As long as we represent ourselves and our beliefs in a manner that respects one another, we are fine.

I hope you see it the same way, and learn and participate much here.
Again, welcome.
tetra50

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   

I see lot of anger on this site, anger from what seem to be North American users claiming that they are no longer the only voice, and if you don't see their way you must be some kind of foreign trash

It's not that we think of people from other countries as "foreign trash", it's more about being tired of being told how terrible we are. Many will bad mouth Americans without ever having been here, without understanding the culture, but judge us against the standards of their own. It's pretty common to see someone say that in the "civilized countries" [ meaning we are low brow uneducated barbarians ] there are no guns, little violence and they paint a picture of their countries as a free and easy paradise, when they have their own major problems, which they conveniently over look, to bash us.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
The idolators of all things Putin like to perform thread invasions with anti US rhetoric. It is hysterical but at the same time provides confirmation bias for those who enjoy hating on the US. When a conspiracy shows it's hate in the opening paragraph, get your popcorn ready lol.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I don't see that at all. On a rare occasion you may get a member who doesn't like another member simply because they are from another country but in my years here those have been very few and far between. Those few members are maybe the ones you want to avoid if it bothers you that much. Just like in the real world, we do have to put up with folks with different views be they right or wrong.

Welcome to ATS by the way. I hope you enjoy your stay here!

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Dude I was on a german forum that allegedly deals with conspiracies, I am not saying nazis, but...

They have a little less free speech and let's keep it at that.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
what foreigners might that be ?

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
You are quite right, many Americans (and just Americans, Canadians don't generally act the way you noticed) tend to despise a foreign opinion on the US. Which is kind of hilarious, considering Americans see fit to spew their own opinions on any given thing beyond our borders. I'm not part of that hurt feewers (feelings) group, I welcome the outside perspectives. A little criticism actually helps a bit, if they're willing to listen & see why they're the only one who thinks the opposite of the criticism.

Welcome to the site, and good luck out there

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I am one of those who believe a lot of the perceived anger on these forums come from sock-puppets in their attempt at astroturfing. That is there is a vast effort online for certain entities to control the conservations we have in these forums (all of the web, even small 'grassroots' online forums). When a conservation does not go the way said entities then the anger trolls come out to disrupt the conservation.

Welcome to ATS!

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS!

What you look for on this site you will find,
so if you are looking for angry Americans, they are out there.

If you look for peaceful Americans, they are out there.

This site covers all aspects of the world,
you will find whatever your attention is turned to.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

G'damned Europeans always piss us off round these here parts.

Only play welcome homie, peace.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The Russia vs US threads do bring out a lot of hate, especially when the reality that the US engages in war crimes, invades other countries based on lies, and the US military is attempting to police the world so condemning Russia's actions by the American people is a bit hypocritical.

Another topic that brings out the hate is the US healthcare debacle. Mentioning Cuba's healthcare system being better than the US for profit healthcare system seems to bring out the anger trolls.

There are many other controversial topics that seem to bring out the anger trolls.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Do we?.
Jelly?.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join