It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Solar eclipse: Biggest since 1999 could plunge Britain into darkness in March

page: 2
<< 1   >>

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:11 AM

originally posted by: Prezbo369

originally posted by: TechUnique
a reply to: Prezbo369

You're comparing me to a conman now? First you compare me to a 'Cavemen', then a conman. Someone has got a serious chip on their shoulder.

Yes I compared whoever attributes such natural phenomenons to cavemen and the author of the quote you posted to a conman.

You can put your victim-card away now...

No victim card, Kingslayer.

Brutal name by the way, 10/10.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:49 AM
DOOOOMED we are all DOOOOOOOOOMED pay no heed to the thousands
of solar eclipses before guys this one is the one, im sure of it.

The unicorns will attack from Venus and lets just say that they aren't
the frilly loving creatures everyone wants you to believe they are.....
I mean think about hooves, they have hooves and so does Santa, think
that through....

The great moth will then begin its journey to the sun as the first
light peaks back through on our charred planet thus injecting himself
into the deep core of our fine star, creating the birth of a new universe.

Moth be with you brothers. ::does hands in moth sign, flaps fingers::

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:07 AM
I enjoyed the 1999 total eclipse in the UK, saw the shadow rushing across the sea towards the clifftop I was stood on, pretty amazing experience, all the seagulls roosted for a minute or so then went crazy again.
I'm not so concerned with this one, it won't be total here on the SW English coast, and I'm not fussed with a trip up to Scotland.
The energy 'doom' is pretty lame as well, power companies already plan for spikes in demand (commercial breaks on TV, cold spells) so the few minutes this is going on would of course be planned the same. Slow news day at the Indy I guess.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:15 AM
a reply to: bloodreviara

Sounds like it's time for the Doom Song.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:10 AM
So you're telling me that something that happens all the time (solar eclipses) points toward the end times? Why this particular eclipse and not the thousands that came before it?

"Biggest one since 1999", meaning bigger ones have happened before. You're grasping at straws here, looking at things in a biblical perspective in order to confirm preconceived notions.

This solar eclipse doesn't point toward end times, it points towards the moon blocking out the sun for a total of 15 minutes at most. Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:28 AM

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Why is this in the religion forum?...
I mean we know it is coming and will last fifteen minutes.
Why the end of days bs?.

LOL! I never noticed the forum, I was a bit confused about the fuss already!

Anyway it's another eclipse, and it will be very very daaaaaarrrk!
Should someone lob a nuke in the darkness, everyone should adopt the Boymonkey will save you.

Here's a link to a widget to see what it will look like in your area.
edit on 25-2-2015 by smurfy because: Link.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:23 PM
a reply to: grainofsand

11th August 1999, Saint Ives. The clouds were freakin' awesome!

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:54 PM

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
So an hour of less-than-total darkness might cause problems with the power grid? What the hell happens at night, then?

It's balanced with the thousands upon thousands of companies all using power at the same time.

During the day we have thousands of companies across each country using massive amounts of power, transport systems, servers etc, but not millions of homes all turning their lights on.

During an eclipse, we have industry and transport all working at full pelt, AND we then have lights going on all over the country. During this time we'll also likely have millions of TV's turning on to watch it too.

The level of power consumption is going to go through the roof, and it's plausible that the grid system will not be able to cope with the demand.

There are spikes all the time, for instance when there's a break in a major TV show millions of people all get up to make a cup of tea and the national grid has to manage the supply across the network to prevent any power outages.
edit on 25-2-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:55 PM

The blackout will come on the morning of March 20th...

It’s definitely going to be a challenge for control rooms...

The risk of an incident could be serious without appropriate countermeasures...

a reply to 3NL1GHT3N3D1 :: originally posted by TechUnique

The sun will be given over to darkness, and the moon to blood, before the coming of the great and terrifying Day of the LORD. ~ Joel 2:31

But you, beloved, ought to remember the words that were spoken beforehand by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ, that they were saying to you; In the last time there will be mockers, following after their own ungodly lusts. These are the ones who cause divisions, worldly-minded, devoid of the Spirit. ~ Jude 1:17-19

Just sayin'..

edit on 25-2-2015 by VigiliaProcuratio because:  

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:15 PM
ok folks - its reality check time

the path of the totality will be :

look at that carefully

the only large scale solar plants in europe are :

france [ south / limited ]

italy [ limited ]

the fareoe ilslands and svarbald have no solar power plants - fro reaking obvious reasons

scotland has very few solar plants - all on single buildings - and designed to reduce bills

how this " tail " got printed beggars beleif - but its utter bollox

normal weather cycles will have a bigger impact on the efficiency of europes solar generation capacity than this eclipse

get over it

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:18 PM
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Are you saying that we are not doomed?.
But but the op had scripture in.....

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:30 PM
a reply to: ignorant_ape

What I put in the first quote on my previous post... what the papers are saying. They're forewarning us.
edit on 25-2-2015 by VigiliaProcuratio because:  

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 09:08 AM
do not look at the eclipse you will turn to stone

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 09:32 AM
a reply to: boymonkey74

Scripture quoting won't cause an event, but even the most minor event will cause scripture quoting.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 09:41 AM
Since some people seem to miss how this Eclipse is different from previous ones I will just repeat here what I wrote earlier in a different thread:

March 20 - Equinox Supermoon Total Solar Eclipse ending EXACTLY at the North Pole - absolutely unique event!

This is so amazing, I don't even know where to begin...

On the North Pole the Sun will become totally eclipsed as it comes into view after 6 months of polar night. This happens only every 400 000 – 500 000 years!

And what a bizarre eclipse it is. Not only does this eclipse begin just 15 hours prior to the March equinox marking the beginning of astronomical spring in the northern hemisphere, but the shadow of totality also beats path through the high Arctic and ends over the North Pole.

On March 20 – same date as the 2015 March equinox – the moon turns new only 14 hours after reaching lunar perigee – moon’s closest point to Earth in its orbit. Thus this moon is a supermoon – at the new phase – not visible in our sky, but having a larger-than-average effect on Earth’s oceans. Plus this new supermoon swings right in front of the equinox sun on March 20

At the end of its path, the shadow of the Moon rises from Earth's surface to space at the north pole.

The only populated area from where the total eclipse can be seen is Svalbard (Spitsbergen) of Global (doomsday) Seed Vault fame.

Then there is this interesting article:

Passover Blood Moon Preceded by Exceedingly Rare Solar Eclipse

Prominent Evangelical Christians such as John Hagee have noticed that a series of four blood moons, known as a “tetrad” which falls during the three Jewish festivals of Sukkot (Tabernacles) and Passover, often serves as a harbinger of major events in Jewish history.

So there is the current tetrad falling together with this very unusual eclipse and before that:

The last series of blood moons to occur over the Jewish festivals took place in 1967 when Israel won the Six Day War, expanded the boundaries of the Jewish State and liberated the city of Jerusalem.

Prior to 1967, there was a tetrad in 1949 when the Israeli War of Independence ended after the founding of the State of Israel the previous year, perhaps the greatest event in modern Jewish history.

A series of four blood moons occurring during Jewish holidays is so rare that the last time prior to 1948 was all the way back in 1493, the year following the expulsion of Jews from Spain, another major milestone in Jewish history.

Also NASA just launched its Magnetospheric Multiscale Mission:

The quartet of observatories is being placed into an oblong orbit stretching tens of thousands of miles into the magnetosphere—nearly halfway to the moon at one point. They will fly in pyramid formation, between 6 miles (10 kilometers) and 250 miles (402 kilometers) apart, to provide 3-D views of magnetic reconnection on the smallest of scales.
Magnetic reconnection is what happens when magnetic fields like those around Earth and the sun come together, break apart, then come together again, releasing vast energy. This repeated process drives the aurora, as well as solar storms that can disrupt communications and power on Earth.

Supposedly the tetrahedral observatories formation starts collecting data only in summer - but call me suspicious...

This thread might also interest you:

Putin's Return from Underworld, Russian Fleet in Total Solar Eclipse and a Warning to Lithuania?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 01:49 PM
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex
Lol, do you feel silly now?
It was a crap eclipse in my opinion, only partial so absolutely nothing like total. I watched the total eclipse in 1999 here and that blew me away, but today...I carried on rendering a wall at the job I was on, that was more interesting.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 03:02 PM
Not a patch on the '99 Eclipse which was incredible.
Was still cool and a nice thing to see but didn't make me feel eerie or feel like I was watching the solar system in motion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>