It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawsuit over CIA FOIA about Israeli nuclear program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   
www.courthousenews.com...

In the depths of the Cold War, a legendary Israeli spy made a visit to a Pennsylvania plant that processed government-supplied U-235 uranium into fuel for the U.S. Navy. Around the same time, hundreds of kilograms of uranium disappeared from the plant.

"The CIA has long taken the position that none of its 'source' files about NUMEC or derivative equity content can ever be made public," Smith notes in his complaint. "It has issued blanket denials of Freedom of Information Act requests from the late 1970's onward."

The article links to the lawsuit which has a number of exhibits.

The nuclear material was "stuffed into irradiators" at the US plant and then shipped to Israel. That sounds more like espionage rather than the US directly aiding Israel.

Irradiators are often used in food processing. Kind of a peaceful use of nuclear material.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: gariac

Sounds like treason to me. Unless, of course, it was sanctioned by TPTB. They have two reasons to hide it. 1 - It makes the administration look like a bunch of morons for 'losing' uranium and some of them are probably still in politics. OR 2 - They approved it. I've never heard of this one. Good find.

(I'm not even touching the food processing thing. It was 1968, we know that's not what was happening - See "War of Attrition", basically the beginning of Israel hammering on the rest of the ME.)
en.wikipedia.org...

---

In 1968 we were over in Vietnam - which was a Cold War proxy war. Egypt was in bed with the Soviet Union during this period and Russia sent them troops to fight against Israel. It makes perfect sense that we'd give Israel a boost of nuclear help. (There's plenty of other evidence, I'm just bringing up the specific time period because the pieces fit so perfectly.)

It's kind of convoluted so for those not familiar:

US vs Soviets
US and South Vietnam vs North Vietnam and Soviet Union
Egypt, Jordan, PLO, Soviet Union vs. Israel

(Sorry guys, I'm a giant war nerd... if such a thing exists.)
edit on 25-2-2015 by FireflyStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Israel doesn't care about any of this information

Israel doesn't care about any world wide court either

They have a blank check from United States to do anything they want TO anyone they want. Entire western world supposedly doesn't see enlargement of Israel, methodical extermination of Palestinians

Once Israel manages to destroy Iran, Palestinians will lose last good backer they have, they can kiss their existence goodbye

They can't even convert to Judaism and stay, that's not how it works

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: FireflyStars

The irradiation gear was a means to ship the bomb material. It is actually quite brilliant since it is a classic case of hiding in plain sight. Is it radioactive? Hell yes, nothing to hide here. ;-)

Lots of food is irradiated. It is a way of killing microbes. It won't show up in the ingredients since technically nothing was added to the food. Spices are a prime candidate for irradiation since people keep spice containers for years.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
originally posted by: gariac

Right, I got what you were saying about that. I just meant that there was no point in going down that road, in my post anyway, because it was nothing more than a hiding place.

(I told myself to go to sleep hours ago and instead I'm still tapping away at ATS. Hah.)
edit on 25-2-2015 by FireflyStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: FireflyStars
originally posted by: gariac

Right, I got what you were saying about that. I just meant that there was no point in going down that road, in my post anyway, because it was nothing more than a hiding place.

(I told myself to go to sleep hours ago and instead I'm still tapping away at ATS. Hah.)

You call it a hiding place, I call it tradecraft.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: LotToTell2

Israel doesn't care about any of this information

Israel doesn't care about any world wide court either

They have a blank check from United States to do anything they want TO anyone they want. Entire western world supposedly doesn't see enlargement of Israel, methodical extermination of Palestinians

Once Israel manages to destroy Iran, Palestinians will lose last good backer they have, they can kiss their existence goodbye

They can't even convert to Judaism and stay, that's not how it works

Actually Israel does care about this information because they agreed to never disclose their nuclear program publically (even though everyone knows they had US and French help, along with a pretty fat arsonal of hundreds of bombs, if not more). I think that they used missing material as a cover for actually agreeing to supply israel the nuclear material.

top topics

join