It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This carwash thrives by hiring employees with Autism

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: LotToTell2
a reply to: boymonkey74

Yes. Destroyed

The people who hold jobs and are autistic very rarely are able to hold more cerebral better paid jobs

And what about those who are so autistic they can't hold any job and live a very disabled life

So yes

DEstroyed as in their lives are destroyed

I have volunteered a few times for local special Olympics when I was a teen. My mother worked with mentally handicapped, developmentally delayed, or whatever the PC term is these days.
I learned more from those who society casts out in my time with them, than I have from the majority of my professional peers.

Even the most non commutative Autistic I have come across, had verbal understanding and could make at least their emotion understood.
I had more issues with the lower functioning downs syndrome (genetic defect) individuals I interacted with than I ever have with anyone on the Autistic spectrum.

It is true that individuals with mental retardation do not get the promotions others do. But I know college grads that do not get the promotions either.

I've never seen the destroyed life you are suggesting. I have seen that they sometimes lead a simpler life, and in some ways I envy them for having that simpler life.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I have an adult son with autism. Is not easy. They are not ill, they are different. My son just finished his associate degree, and is working for a hotel chain. I am very proud of him.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: LotToTell2
a reply to: jackjoedoe

There is a an effort out there to make Autism look not as bad because now something like 1 in 75 get it, where as before it was 1 in 7000

I worked with Autistic people, these people's lives are destroyed mainly by MMR vaccines but other vaccines contribute too

1. I am on the autistic spectrum.

2. Vaccines have nothing to do with my emotionally and intellectually anomalous self.

3. My life is not destroyed Thank-you-very-much. My life is pretty good actually.

4. Your negative perspective, even after working with people on the autistic spectrum, says far more about the state of your life than mine or any one else's.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Good to see people who have the condition and or have family members with the condition dispelling the myths of autism.
Good for you fellas (or gals).

Big thumbs up from me

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

If you can post on ATS and write eloquently

Then you have very mild form of Autism

Majority with autism are not as lucky as you

You can think of these people as even lucky if you want, but I prefer reality, my IQ is very high and honestly wish I could cure all Autistic people but I can't

All that's left for me to do is speak the truth, these people are victims, majority are victims

Vaccines, pesticides, they all play a role, we don't go from 1 on 7000 to 1 in 70 in such a short time for some benign reason

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: LotToTell2

Please goto another thread discussing that topic...plenty out there.
Like I have said it appear to be on the rise due to the increasing clasification of what falls into the autistic spectrum.
My dudes have a great life and are given ever chance of having a rich full life.
Like I said before they are just different and I for one wouldn't change any of them.
Would you want to cure "downs syndrome" also?.
Oh and in my experience If people have to tell you that they have a high IQ it is the opposite.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I am not so sure you aren't on the spectrum bruh. Not to be a jerk, just don't seem to know how to communicate effectively or pick up on some social queues.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve

I am not so sure you aren't on the spectrum bruh. Not to be a jerk, just don't seem to know how to communicate effectively or pick up on some social queues.

I don't suppose it ever occurred to you that some people speak the truth and don't waste time pandering to popular social etiquette

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

oh hey a guy on the internet with alias boymonkey insulted me calling me stupid

Should I feel something ?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Ooh ooh
You might not ever get rich
But let me tell ya it's better than diggin' a ditch
There ain't no tellin' who you might meet
A movie star or maybe even an Indian chief

Whoa whoa whoa whoa
(Car wash)

edit on 27-2-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Ha! I forgot about that movie. I love the part where the guy borrows the other guy's "ears".

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

It's pretty strange you'd say that after working with folk with Autism.

I've worked with hundreds myself... some went on to adult life on the dole, some work in cafes, some are watchmakers, some are computer programmers, cobblers, artists, labourers....

Maybe you were not as good at working with them as you thought?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Maybe you were not as good at working with them as you thought?

That or spinning yarns to make his point seem more valid. There's a reason it's called a spectrum.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join