It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange microwave and radio signals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Strange microwave and radio signals around the glacier at Kailash in India-China Himalayas :

People in deep Himalayas in Chinese territory have recently reported strange microwave and radio signals. The signals are most prominent around a region called Kailash regarded by Hindus for thousands of years as the door to heaven and home of God Shiva. According to tourists and pilgrims the signals are real and no one knows where they are coming from. The region is beautiful and is a difficult place to go. China provides special permission to Indian Hindu pilgrims or the Western tourists.�

There is no reason for satellite monitoring in the area. This area is not known as Chinese depository of intercontinental missiles or nuclear arsenals. Some say the strange signals have recently been more prominent due to availability of advanced receivers.�

India Daily

There is rumor floating around different websites, that this is evidence of UFO trying to make contact.
Personally I believe it has to do sth with newest Chinese weapons.
What do you think?

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I think this quote from the article says it all.

It is possible the strange signals are from some kind of hidden Chinese military or space installations. According to local people, Chinese military is silently very active there.

One thing I find intresting is that no one is sure if the signals are originating from space or some where in the mountains. The article said scientest had been to the site and verified the signal, but thats all.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger

One thing I find intresting is that no one is sure if the signals are originating from space or some where in the mountains. The article said scientest had been to the site and verified the signal, but thats all.

that part made me post this article here on ATS

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
It could be some electrical phenom, but with no definate origin of the signal, it really reminds me of when the background radiation from the BigBang was discovered. There was no origin, it was just kind of everywhere and nowhere at the same time. The scientist that discovered this at first thought bird droppings on thier radio telescope was causing the background noise.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
But the obvious question arises with this scenario, is if this really is ET trying to make contact, why are they aiming their message at one of the most desolite, inhospitable,unpopulated, hard-to-get-to places on the planet?

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzgul

Originally posted by Kidfinger

that part made me post this article here on ATS

This is the part that, in my opinion, makes this story incredible. Radio waves, as well as microwaves, are omnidirectional in nature, which allows for simple triangulation to discern the location of origin.

If no one has yet tried to triangulate these waves, as the article suggests, then it must be bogus. Since scientists have visited the area, they should have been the first ones to attempt triangulation. All that is required is two receivers.

When it is told that people can't tell if the waves are coming from under the mountain, or in the 'heavens', then that also suggests to me that someone is attempting to rile some people's superstitious sensibilities.

I read 'crap'.

[edit on 17-12-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Gotta be military....

Doubtful that ET would be phoning home with something so primitive as "Radio Waves".
Just my thought.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Maybe there's a portal there....ie. such as the one in the middle east through which ufo's are seen very active.

new topics

top topics

join