It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New fad for male bodybuilders, human breast milk bought from the internet!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Hey strangers! Been lurking for a while and unable to post due to computer difficulties and an unwillingness to post from my smart phone. My pc is fixed now and I couldn't help but to share this strange and interesting bit of info that I stumbled across while standing in line at the grocery store. You see this is apparently front page news where I come from so I couldn't help but notice it from where I was standing, the title read almost as it does in my thread title so I couldn't help but read it. As stated male bodybuilders are drinking breast milk that they bought from anonymous women on the internet. This kind of took me by surprise as I thought that breast milk was regarded generally as a bodily fluid and I thought that it could not be legal to buy and sell such things openly on the free market, but I was proven wrong. Not only do I find this kind of disgusting (different strokes for different folks and all) but I don't understand how a liquid that is meant for an infant Is supposed to help a fully grown man "Bulk Up". I know that their is plenty of vitamins, proteins and such in breast milk but I don not think that they would surpass that of a nutritious diet (and possibly supplements). I will supply a source but if you think that it is not reliable then look it up... it is a real thing!

The newest trend for men who want to bulk up? Breast milk for bodybuilders. These athletes claim it’s the perfect supplement for muscle building due to its abundance in protein, vitamins, and essential fats.

Men are able to purchase human breast milk through online sharing programs. OnlyTheBreast.com is one online community of mothers who buy, sell, or donate their breast milk for various causes. The site even has a separate section for men who are interested in purchasing the so-called super food. With more than 200 classified ads, “Willing To Sell To Men” is the fourth most popular section on the website.

Despite those health benefits for babies, nutritionists dismiss it as just a myth for helping bodybuilders. Experts suggest alternatives that are high on protein and healthy fats, such as eggs, nuts, and fish.

I am not a nutritionist so I am open to anyone who wishes to defend the benefits of breast milk, but I remain sceptical.

edit on 25-2-2015 by HiMyNameIsCal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
It needs to be utilized by babies only. Those men are stealing a precious resource from those in need and its so disgusting, absolute greed and psychopathy. I don't care what benefits it has, its not for them.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

I whole heartedly agree with you. I mean if bodybuilding is their thing then their is plenty of other options for them then drinking breast milk. It just seems absurd and obsessive to me..

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
As they say " Breast is Best " !...

Welcome to 'Lactation nation' !

I am wondering if certain illnesses could be passed on. Is it pasteurised and homoginised ?

I'll pass thanks.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

I don't think they could sell it if it wasn't sterilized in some way. But nowadays you never know, it could be called all natural or something.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Disgusting.

Also....3 months later....lines....huge spike in bodybuilders suddenly addicted to crack coc aine, meth, and heroin from cheap online breast milk.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

Ha Ha, Ya or contracting numerous amounts of diseases in one shot. It is pure lunacy!

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: HiMyNameIsCal

I don't know how their able to stomach the taste! When I was pregnant, my ex was "playing around" and got a taste by accident. Lt's just say he was so grossed out he had to brush his teeth 3 times. He said it was the most disgusting thing that ever went into his mouth! LOL

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I would never do it. I don't drink milk at all. But for those that say gross. You would drink milk from another species other than your own. While saying the one from your own species is unnatural. Wow, how backwards.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

You know, I was going to bring that up as well. If you drink some or taste some in an intimate moment with a lover then I don't think that is really that weird. But buying it from a random person and drinking it for your own benefit is kind of f-ed up in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: roth1
I would never do it. I don't drink milk at all. But for those that say gross. You would drink milk from another species other than your own. While saying the one from your own species is unnatural. Wow, how backwards.

Ok while I sort of agree with you about how messed up it sounds. Cow milk tastes good, comes from government controlled companies and is much less capable of transmitting diseases to you or as AreUKiddingMe stated certain illicit substances.

not that I trust the C.F.D.A or anything...
edit on 25-2-2015 by HiMyNameIsCal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I have seen mothers offer their breast milk for babies whose mothers can't produce breast milk. Even mothers who start lactating( not pregnant or just had a baby) just to donate for other babies.... Which I've read is very difficult. I agree it's meant for babies, not grown men to bulk up. But it is interesting that the milk us women can produce pregnant and not pregnant is being sought out because its so beneficial !

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   

m.youtube.com...

Geez, this reminds me of this scene from the movie "pain and gain". Pretty Hilarious.

I mean how ripped can one get? I'll stick with almond milk thank you. Some dudes gotta take it to the next level I guess.
edit on 25-2-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: HiMyNameIsCal
a reply to: Anyafaj

You know, I was going to bring that up as well. If you drink some or taste some in an intimate moment with a lover then I don't think that is really that weird. But buying it from a random person and drinking it for your own benefit is kind of f-ed up in my opinion.

It was funny because when he said disgusting, I just laughed and said, "That's because it's not meant for you, idiot!" LOL There's a reason it has a taste the way it has. Babies enjoy that taste. It makes them want more and more to make them grow, get stronger, and develop more. I think if it were to taste "good", then everyone would want some and we'd be pumping it for school kids, coffee, recipes, etc... Poor cows would be out of business.

Edit: There's even a breast milk smell to the breast to help babies find the breast to feed. If babies have trouble finding it, lactation experts tell you to squirt a little out, and smooth a little over your breast to help the baby smell the milk.
edit on 2/25/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: MamaShredAK
I have seen mothers offer their breast milk for babies whose mothers can't produce breast milk. Even mothers who start lactating( not pregnant or just had a baby) just to donate for other babies.... Which I've read is very difficult. I agree it's meant for babies, not grown men to bulk up. But it is interesting that the milk us women can produce pregnant and not pregnant is being sought out because its so beneficial !

We can even use it as a lotion for our own breasts, should our breasts begin cracking from lactation. Something I find amazing in itself. I've heard of friends using it for their psoriasis during and after pregnancy while they were breastfeeding because of the healing properties. For some of these friends, they've tried every thing! Including all the latest medications! Breast really WAS best!

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I'm not a "body builder" but I have had the opportunity to try some human breast milk.
It was not too pretty bad at all.
Sweet and tangy.
I'm not proud, but I'm not ashamed. I'd go for another round.

CX

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Most definitely not a new fad, and most definitely not any good for these body builders who are wasting thier money.

I was using gyms back in the late 80's in Germany and one gym was what i call a gorrilla gym, the guys in there were massive, many on steroids and the likes but that's another subject....however a couple of the guys were using this stuff back then. I believe it is called colostum or something like that. The belief was if it was good enough as a growth hormone for babies, it was god enough for them.

Roll on a few years, i did the Body For Life 12 week challenge from EAS. I got an EAS Sports Nutriton book as a freebie, and in there they were talking about colostrum and the fact that body builders took it in the belief it would hep them. Apparently studies had shown that whilst it was indeed very important for babies, it was not any use in adults.

So all the best to them i say, but don't forget the hard work in the gym and kitchen too.

CX.
edit on 25/2/15 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: CX

Yes, colostrum passes the Mother's antibodies to their young - giving them an immunity boost - straight up ...

You would think these beefy boys would have their own by now ...

Wusses !

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: HiMyNameIsCal
a reply to: Timely

I don't think they could sell it if it wasn't sterilized in some way. But nowadays you never know, it could be called all natural or something.

Organic

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   
lol this is something dennis reynolds would do. weird as hell.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join