It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire logs? I saw one fall from the sky today.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
So I am driving home from a long day of work. I am almost home and as I turn I see something fall from the sky. I could not distinguish what it was at all. It was glowing white, and had a tail/trail like a shooting star. ONly it didn't soar across the sky it fell, directly toward the ground. I lost sight at the tree line in the horizon and it was gone.

I thought it was neat, and wanted an explanation. Did some research and I found this. Which confirms other sightings in the area.

www.amsmeteors.org...

So what are these things. Just meteors? Or is there something else to them? I am still classifying it as a UFO as I can explain what I saw just yet. There was another sighting near Pittsburgh on the 17th as well.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
You should find it - I hear they're worth a ton of money...

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: coldkidc

I thought of Joe Dirt, when he finds the frozen air plane # pile and decided not to waste my time. But it was a cool site to see after a long day.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: misfitsquid

That's really funny...

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: coldkidc

I've heard of that movie but, I've never seen that scene before...what about "See the peanut?"...

LOL!

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: misfitsquid
So I am driving home from a long day of work. I am almost home and as I turn I see something fall from the sky. I could not distinguish what it was at all. It was glowing white, and had a tail/trail like a shooting star. ONly it didn't soar across the sky it fell, directly toward the ground. I lost sight at the tree line in the horizon and it was gone.

I thought it was neat, and wanted an explanation. Did some research and I found this. Which confirms other sightings in the area.

www.amsmeteors.org...

So what are these things. Just meteors? Or is there something else to them? I am still classifying it as a UFO as I can explain what I saw just yet. There was another sighting near Pittsburgh on the 17th as well.

You know what else is really funny.....

Catching folks doing things that are "unfair".....

How about "see the hackers"...

Anywho... cool story BRO...

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Sounds like it was a meteor. If it's travelling through the atmosphere parallel to you, it will appear to be 'falling' straight down, until it disappears below the horizon, which is exactly what you described. I've seen a couple like that in my life. Quite beautiful.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: misfitsquid

What's the reference to "fire logs?"
Is there a background for that term?
A reason for using it or was it just to grab our attention?
I'm fairly familiar with things that have reportedly fallen from the sky, cut my teen teeth on Charles Fort books, but "fire logs is an unknown to me.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: misfitsquid
So I am driving home from a long day of work. I am almost home and as I turn I see something fall from the sky. I could not distinguish what it was at all. It was glowing white, and had a tail/trail like a shooting star. ONly it didn't soar across the sky it fell, directly toward the ground.
Meteors can strike the atmosphere at any angle. If the angle is shallow they soar across the sky, and if the angle is steep they can appear to fall straight down.

originally posted by: coldkidc
You should find it - I hear they're worth a ton of money...
It's well known that most meteors are much further away than the people who see them think they are. So you could go looking for one that you think fell "over the treeline" and in reality it could have fallen a hundred kilometers away, and even then it could have burned up before it hit the ground...they usually do.
edit on 25-2-2015 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
With the tonnage of scrap in orbit, perhaps its part of some old satellite? spent heavy lifter? nose cone? must be hundreds of those!

new topics

top topics

join