It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good news from my Neurosurgeon :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I didn't mention it here at all on ATS, but back some 5 months ago, I had a neurosurgeon perform a spinal fusion on my C5/C6 vertebrate. After recovering over these months, I just got word that I am cleared for "regular activities" again. No more worrying about doing something to dislodge the titanium bracket (screwed into my spinal vertebrate) holding my neck together. The reason I needed the surgery was due to a herniated disc that was pressing and pinching my spinal cord. This resulted in partial paralysis of my left arm, accompanied with intense pain radiating from shoulder to fingertips. After numerous PT sessions, which included traction (kinda like being on a medieval rack), loads of pain meds, migraines, and inability to drive a car, surgery was my last hope. But, she was a great surgeon, as I was in the hospital only that day, and returned home the following morning. Once the swelling on my neck subsided that week, it was monthly x-rays and checkups to assess the progress of the fusion.

I feel so relieved and happy for this diagnosis. Now, if winter could subside, and bring on spring, that would be even better.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Wonderful news.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Thanks! I sure think so....and I feel more like myself. I HATE sitting around feeling helpless. I had, what I thought was, a setback last week though. Doing snow removal, I over exerted myself resulting in intense pain in my neck and upper back. After a week of tending it, it has subsided. She confirmed today that it was jut a pulled muscle in my upper back. That was a big "wheeew moment" for me today. I was not anticipating needing to "go back into the shop for more repairs".

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Spring is indeed just around the global warming corner.....
Congrats on picking a good neuosurge.....I got a dandy too so I can walk again for a time......
Was paralyzed in the left leg a while ago......four years of gimping....
Im much better now......but the pain clinic (I call it the torture clinic....because they take so long to give treatments that work.....)
Radio Frequency oblation kills nerves and the pain with it....but they only give so many treatments a year....ive been waiting so long for the damn thing that the old RFOs are starting to awaken again.....they say they'll do one sometime next may...(ive been waiting since july last summer....)
Never believe the Canadian system is any where near perfect for sick people.....
Its all a scam ......

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Grats!!!! Glad to hear that everything worked out well for ya!!!

WOOT WOOT!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I'm glad to hear you're okay. Take care of yourself.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
before you even know
like in a dream
spring will be around

and you will dance again
like never before

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I love good news like this! Bet you never thought you'd see the day, huh? Congratulations. Well you must believe in miracles, because you've included spring in your post.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
That is good news indeed!!! My husband has been out of work for almost 3 weeks now due to his worsening back issues where surgery has been brought up many times over the last several years. It's always nice to hear when one goes well, because (I'm sure you've heard the same) the horror stories abound about the ones that don't go so well.

Here's to hoping it continues to get even better!!

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Grats to you, I am really happy it all worked out for you.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

This is fantastic news! Congratulations. Take it easy buddy, you may feel brand new but don't overdo it. You've come too far. Keep up the great work.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sanssouci

God bless America!
I am supposed to salute the flag... right?!

Congrats op... I know dealing with pain all to well, and am glad to hear yours is hopefully ending! A gentleman doesn't discuss his ailments, so I'll just say that since you can't get surgery on every joint in your body I will just be dealing with mine

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
That's awesome news!!!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Good for you and thank god for neurosurgeons. Enjoy the spring the winter clouds are lifting. I've been stuck in the neuro sciences ward for the past month and with any luck I get discharged today. I never liked to temp fate but, if my stitches are removed today without any issue and there is no leakage from my wound I'm off outta here. It's been too long in hospital for one year already still keeping my fingers crossed, enjoy the sunshine

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Oh, thats good news!

I had a prolaps in C7 just before christmas, happy holidays indeed.......
I had a bit of luck, as there were no neural damages, so I avoided surgery.
Now, with about 20 sessions with my physiotherapist I am close to be healed.

Believe me, I can feel your pain! Now, all will be gettin' better!

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Glad to hear your good news!

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   

over exerted myself resulting in intense pain in my neck and upper back. After a week of tending it, it has subsided.

Slowly grasshopper slowly .After being inactive just work your way back . You have waited 5 months , a month or so building up again is nothing .

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

over exerted myself resulting in intense pain in my neck and upper back. After a week of tending it, it has subsided.

Slowly grasshopper slowly .After being inactive just work your way back . You have waited 5 months , a month or so building up again is nothing .

Thanks, and I agree. But my choice was not to be buried in 5 feet of snow. I had to clear it...so, I decided to take that risk. Nothing in life is free of risk...the trick is to assess the risk and take a chance on some of them.

That is just who I am...and it is too late for me to change at this age.

new topics

top topics

join