It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Golden Rule in America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Hi everyone. Hope your Tuesday is as twisted as mine.

This is not new, but I hope that people who have not seen this clip do see it because I feel it is an extremely important, and overlooked moment in history. Without further aieu I wanted to take you for a walk into memory lane... to a magical time called the 2012 Republican Primaries. As a reminder of what America IS versus what it should be. Mods feel free to move this wherever but I consider it madness. (Picked this video in particular because of length and to show the audience's thirst for bloodshed)

Truly I couldn't help but shed a tear that evening, for at that moment I knew that the America I believed in was dead.

Ron Paul for ever.. the leader we always wanted but too blind to realize.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: PrincessofSwords

Wish the kid was more like his old man.

Fantastically put, if any other country tried to 'liberate' us out people would, rightfully, lose their minds and call for all out war against who ever did so.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I do too. I see why he distances himself from his father, but I wish he wouldnt... unfortunately every time he does something righteous the media finds something else to scrutinize and he goes right back in the Republican closet.

Look at everything happening with these supposed Religious Extremists... we are told they want to Liberate us from our wicked western ways... we are definitely not taking that well..

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I can't believe they're booing the golden rule! So sad!

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Ron Paul is a personal hero of mine, (and I'm a super-jaded cynic) and this speech is just one of many reasons why.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Well when the crowd loses their mind over a simple "kill them", I don't think they are very interested in rational thought.

And princess, he hasn't shown me much that he wants to step out of that closet willfully.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Following the golden rule do not create wealth for the industrial military complex and more debt based wealth for the FED-owning banking mafia.

edit on 24-2-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The Golden Rule in America: "Those with a Golden Parachute make the rules"

Lets say that the most ideal Social Anarchist or Social Conservative/Fiscal Conservative candidate appeared tomorrow...how would you know? Would they get any donations? Would they have enough cash to have a voice that could be heard?

How much would it cost a person like this to run media for damage control, as the other two parties take turns releasing slimey innuendo to soil his character? Would such a person even be able to raise enough money to defend against these kinds of things to keep from having his character decimated on the public stage?

How much money can the "regular people" put into political donations collectively? Could the entire nation of individual people be able to afford putting up a collective sum of cash equal to what either one of the parties raises from corporate benefactors? I posit that the expendable cash amounts for the 99%, collectively, is less than the amount of corporate donations for either party. I could be wrong, and wasn't able to find any numbers in short order to check this position.

My point is: any voice that would accurately represent you, as a regular person living paycheck to paycheck, would be squashed. Because you can't afford a voice. Not even if you and everyone else in the country puts their money together...you can't afford a voice.

Even worse: no one in the last 50 years has been elected for their viewpoints, history, and platform. They are elected because they were able to put enough 10 second soundbites out there that they were more easily comprehended by the population at large. Not because the population at large isn't capable, mind you. Its just that they really kind of choose not to.

Je Suis, Liberty.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Ugh, the truth hurts

Very well put.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
From what I gather your Liberals are now moderate right and your Repblicans are now extreme right and also have a desire to f*ck the country up just so they can blame the Liberals in order to take total control, that's what it looks like anyway

edit on -216002015-02-24T19:14:04-06:000000000428201504022015Tue, 24 Feb 2015 19:14:04 -0600 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I would be willing to bet that many of the booers consider themselves to be God fearing Christians. No, I'm not slamming here. I'm just pointing out that by the end of Paul's minute, the boos had subsided and the applause was strong.

I think that many of us have this disconnect within us. That mad man Gingrich quotes a great American hero from ages ago to make a point about modern day international diplomacy. The patriotic crowd is caught up in the meme and cheers, with little thought I bet. Great Gingrich, Andrew Jackson, American power, sure a potent conservative message and they are patriots cheering for America.

Paul comes up and says restraint. Let's not war monger and sounding( may I say this?) rather idealistically (and I repeat idealistically) liberal. And he is soundly booed. I do not think that the crowd had had enough time to slip out of one message they adhere to and slip into an opposing message they adhere to.

Cognitive dysfunction at it''s finest. Once Paul had had a moment to speak, and stay with his point, the audience had also had a moment and could clearly find within themselves a resonance with his message.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Excellent points furry. And to focus a bit more, you point out

They are elected because they were able to put enough 10 second soundbites out there that they were more easily comprehended by the population at large.

One of the reasons these short soundbites are more easily comprehended is that this is the way many have been trained by learning about the world at large by commercial media. Programing, news, talk show, all must adhere to the schedule of commercials. Make your points, sum them up quickly, and move on cuz the commercials dictate the format, the schedule and the time allotments.

And, even more to this point is our campaigns. Commercial spots for any candidate. Look good, and say it quickly in 15 seconds cuz it cost $$, or 30 seconds cuz it cost $$$$$ or one minute cuz it cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. We have been trained to understand complicated and complex issues because of it.

edit on 28America/ChicagoTue, 24 Feb 2015 19:34:36 -0600Tue, 24 Feb 2015 19:34:36 -060015022015-02-24T19:34:36-06:007u34 by TerryMcGuire because: sp

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
The Golden Rule in America: "Those with a Golden Parachute make the rules"

Lets say that the most ideal Social Anarchist or Social Conservative/Fiscal Conservative candidate appeared tomorrow...how would you know? Would they get any donations? Would they have enough cash to have a voice that could be heard?

How much would it cost a person like this to run media for damage control, as the other two parties take turns releasing slimey innuendo to soil his character? Would such a person even be able to raise enough money to defend against these kinds of things to keep from having his character decimated on the public stage?

How much money can the "regular people" put into political donations collectively? Could the entire nation of individual people be able to afford putting up a collective sum of cash equal to what either one of the parties raises from corporate benefactors? I posit that the expendable cash amounts for the 99%, collectively, is less than the amount of corporate donations for either party. I could be wrong, and wasn't able to find any numbers in short order to check this position.

My point is: any voice that would accurately represent you, as a regular person living paycheck to paycheck, would be squashed. Because you can't afford a voice. Not even if you and everyone else in the country puts their money together...you can't afford a voice.

Even worse: no one in the last 50 years has been elected for their viewpoints, history, and platform. They are elected because they were able to put enough 10 second soundbites out there that they were more easily comprehended by the population at large. Not because the population at large isn't capable, mind you. Its just that they really kind of choose not to.

Je Suis, Liberty.

Sold!

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   

People of United States are dreaming a dream

A vicious all encompassing dream projected by the media, education and system overall

This is all fine and well until one day so many enemies are born and unite and destroy the dream. Then the rude awakening begins and plenty of suffering

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   

what is most frightening about this video...Paul was mostly booed from the audience for that response.

Sad mental state...

new topics

top topics

join