It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fort Lauderdale Cop Slaps a Homeless Man, Gets Leave with pay !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
VIDEO — FORT LAUDERDALE Cop Slaps a Homeless Man, Gets Leave WITH PAY!

FORT LAUDERDALE – Is there more police brutality these days or are more incidents being caught on video?

Tough to tell, but things are about to get rough for Fort Lauderdale Police Officer Victor Ramirez.

He was caught on a cell phone video knocking a homeless man to the ground and then slapping him at the Broward Central Bus Terminal.

According to witnesses on the scene, the incident started after Ramirez told Bruce Laclair, 58, to leave the terminal and Laclair, who is homeless, said he wanted to use the bathroom before he left.

Source

Have those police officers absolutely no sense of empathy anymore left in them ?

How in the World keep these things happen so frequently in the US ?

Sure there will be some dimwits running around, but it looks to me being totally out of control in the US. I`m glad to live in a place where police acts normally when you act normally, even when you have done something which isn`t right they will act non aggressive.

First you push someone hard to the ground and then you just slap him real hard because he responded with "Fag You" because of that...just unbelievable how emotionally sensitive it is to not be able to restrain yourself because of a much used curse word...aren`t those guys supposed to be trained to act calmly and non aggressive in those situations ?

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

I remember being in grade school thinking a suspension was more like a vacation.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Can we please stop attacking florida jeez louise theyre out of control i smell a bit of "REVOLUTION" in the air!! There is too much cop on citizen abuse it needs to end soon!!!a reply to: BornAgainAlien

edit on 24-2-2015 by ATF1886 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Add this with the jailer dragging a woman thru the Courthouse in the SAME TOWN....
I lived in Ft LAuderdale, the copes there are frakked up

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
And the standard followup...

miami.cbslocal.com

Police Chief Frank Adderley said Tuesday that the issue is a, “serious matter, one we need to immediately respond to.”

“Officer Victor Ramirez has been a member of our police department for the past nine years,” Chief Adderley said. He said the officer has been placed on paid administrative leave.

City manager Lee Feldman described the video as “disturbing” and said “it’s not representative of the type of actions that anybody wants our police department to be perceived as.”

It will be interesting to see what happens to Officer Victor Ramirez.

I'm curious, did the DA drop the charges against the homeless man?

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Bit of an understatement ive lived the majority of my life in florida a reply to: HomerinNC

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

Yeah I got the heck out of there as fast as I could and didnt look back
Dont get me wrong, loved the warm weather, but not the LEO hassle

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Yea its the warm weather why i stay if you get a small enough town cops wont mess with you, im originally from miami that was the worst...a reply to: HomerinNC

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Elton

"It’s not representative of the type of actions that anybody wants our police department to be perceived as.”

Translation;

"These aren't the type of things Officers want the public to believe they get up to."

Second translation;

"We want people to see us for the selectively decent actions they encounter & hear about."

Soon as I saw the word "perceived" it was a wrap.

Perception Is Deception!
edit on 24-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Sadly, I read it the same way...

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Takes a big man to slap a guy while he is sitting down.

The whole "do what I say when I say it" attitude needs to change. Unless you are arrested pretty sure that is not how it works.
Maybe when you are detained, but they better be able to tell you why you are being detained.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I saw the video last night. It actually made me mad. I hate seeing the elderly abused. I think something happens to people when they become cops. Like a switch in the brain gets flicked on or off, if you know what I mean. They stop seeing non officers as human beings or lose a part of themselves that's human.
Now, I went to a cookout that was held by my mom's friend who was a chief of police once. There were a lot of cops there and they were nice and all but I don't know how they would have been out in public.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Can someone explain how leave with pay is a punishment?

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
Can someone explain how leave with pay is a punishment?

If you were investigating yourself for mis-deeds you might pick that action. Gee, guess what? Cops investigate themselves!

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
More arrogant awfulness,

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
What a drag. Cops like the one in this video are sick. Give some folks a badge and permission to commit senseless violence, and they run with it. Surely cops have to undergo a psychological assessment prior to being unleashed on the community. Apparently it’s not a very stringent or revealing one, though. I think in some states it’s a felony to strike an elderly person if you’re not one yourself. This cop obviously has no compassion or respect for the elderly (or anyone else, for that matter). How would he react in a truely stressful situation? He should be ashamed, but I don’t think sociopaths are capable of feelings like empathy and remorse. I wish the fool would be STRONGLY disciplined or outright fired, and then arrested for battery. But, that’s not how it works. The jerk will likely end up with department paid leave and an, “Attaboy!”. Nod, nod, wink, wink.

I think maybe there’s something to Skid Mark’s comment about an on/off switch that get’s set when a person puts on a badge and straps on that assortment of weaponry around their waste. Kinda like a power rush. And the longer they serve the department, the more isolated and removed they seem to become from the people they’re supposed to be serving.

I know that incidents like the one in the video are exceptions to the rule, and not all cops behave that way. Regardless, they still happen way too often and should be dealt with seriously. A paid vacation is not what I would consider serious. But, cops operate by a different code and set of rules than the rest of us underlings. The motto “To Protect and Serve” is going out of fashion. I think some states are considering a new one something like, “To Subvert and Incarcerate”. Alright, alright... That last part was a lie, but still merits some consideration.

Sad...

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
why didn't someone in this immediate area slap the crap out of the cop? Or at least pull him off the guy? Or step in and say something at the very least. Me personally, I'm to the point that if I see a cop physically abusing someone now, I'll probably wind up beating the skin off of him! I'm just so sick and tired of seeing this. What happened to helping the homeless, respecting the elderly? Its cops like that I hope don't make it home at night after their shift! Someday all of America will be awake and stand up to this senseless violence, and say enough is enough and start putting them in their places for good! Someday! Hopefully sooner than later. I'm fully aware what could or will happen to me with my response, but I just can't sit back and watch this any longer. A strong reactive/defensive stance needs to be taken at some point.......

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I've said it before and i'll say it again, if someone has the resources, videos of these Aholes committing their crimes should be sent to their families, friends and neighbours. Ensure everyone close to them knows exactly what they have done. Hopefully their families will be ashamed of them and the REAL men where they live will give them a bloody good smackdown !!!

join