It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ESPN Suspends Keith Olbermann For Penn State Tweets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Keith Olbermann is not all there I mean what media personality gets into it with students about fundraising for a charity? How do you say to yourself that your going to win by doing this? what clicks in your brain that says oh it will be a good idea to poke at college students who are raising money for a charity?

touch.latimes.com.../-1/article/p2p-82904296/

This must explain why he has been all over the place with different broadcasting companies.

.@dave_seidel No, Son. I said PSU students were pitiful. Had nothing to do with fundraising #AlsoPSUReadingComprehensionAppearsToBeWeak

.@dave_seidel her tweet reads "we are..." I finished her sentence "...pitiful." At this rate your diploma won't be recognized, Moron

And now we get his fake apology.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Can you clean that up? I'd like to read this. I get a story about "Metrolink".

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
So what does this prove to us?

Oh, celebrity talking heads of all types are morons in many cases?

Whodda thunk it.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The sooner the electricity goes out, the better off we will all be.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Here is a better link.
Keith Olbermann suspended a week by ESPN for Penn State Twitter tirade
It just looks like he doesn't like Penn State and decided to do a little trolling. Then some other trolls showed up and found out you don't mess with a professional troll. Whoever this Dave Seidel guy is he was way out of his element.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I've been thinking for a while that Olbermann has some kind of issue, either mental or substance related, that's out of control and possibly causing him to behave erratically. The man just can't seem to hold down a job no matter where he goes, and this is more evidence of his inability to control himself for whatever reason.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Never been a big fan of Keith Olbermann but it looks like he has some impulse control issues. Seems more like an O'Reilly move.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Knew there was a reason I never really liked this guy.

What a douche canoe.
Calling kids that raised that amount of money based solely on the school they went too?

Not sure how he is only getting a week for this.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
It's unfortunate as a sports fan, that ESPN controls most of the sports programming. I'm really starting to get annoyed with them. That said, Olbermann is about a million times more annoying. I wish he'd go away for good.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Sounds like a real jerk. Is he friends with O'Reilly?

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Not as far as I know. He started out with ESPN, got picked up by MSNBC, went to Al gore's network for a while, and now he's come back to ESPN.

I don't generally follow him much since he doesn't espouse opinions I tend to favor, but he seems especially abrasive. Basically, if I were going to pick up that kind of opinion, there are plenty of pundits I'd follow first.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Knew there was a reason I never really liked this guy.

What a douche canoe.
Calling kids that raised that amount of money based solely on the school they went too?

Not sure how he is only getting a week for this.

As he said it was never about the kids raising money he said that was a good thing. Go in the link and actually read his posts he was just a hardcore grammar Nazi.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
Sounds like a real jerk. Is he friends with O'Reilly?

In no way shape or form are they friends. They hate each other.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

His point is that kids that go to PSU are pathetic.

That was the point of his first tweet.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I've been thinking for a while that Olbermann has some kind of issue, either mental or substance related

I'm with you on this one.
That is not a mentally capable adult, either he's in the process of a breakdown or he's on something serious.

As he seems to "sober up" after a night away from the PC I'm thinking he might have a drinking problem.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

His point is that kids that go to PSU are pathetic.

That was the point of his first tweet.

He made me think of an old drunk guy in a bar looking for a fight with the first person to get too close.
Just adds to my impression that he's developed a substance abuse problem.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

but even if he is a grammar nazi you can;t get into it with college students if your a media personality like he is, I just dont know how he saw this ending??

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Not a fan of his politics but absolutely love his passion for baseball. He is one of the only commentators that mention hockey too. He is much needed on that network based only on sports knowledge alone. They push the NBA down our throats to the point its sickening.

top topics

join