It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father, Son, and.... MOTHER! (not Holy Spirit)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

Well I agree with you that it is not the body that does those things because there have to be elements present in the body for anything to take place. A body by itself is a husk, if there is no Spirit within the body it is nothing more than meat. But on the flip side there is no experience without the body because the Spirit has to have some kind of vessel to experience through.

It's a very complicated issue for sure. Though when understood it can be very simple IMO, if that makes sense. I'm not too sure I fully understand the Gnostic concepts because there are so many different ones. Aeons, plemoras, ogdoads, etc., etc. Lots of different concepts to connect together.

I believe Christianity and the NT in general is a simplified version of Gnosticism, those who put the bible together used concepts from Gnostic works and simplified them into an easier to digest format, making them easier to understand to the laymen (for lack of a better word).
edit on 2/26/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
But on the flip side there is no experience without the body because the Spirit has to have some kind of vessel to experience through.

So what’s your take on OBE’s and NDE’s. In some NDE’s patients have described events taken place, that they couldn’t have seen or heard while dead/unconscious etc…

And then there’s also psychic phenomena involving paranormal entities…take a look at the Schole experiment video, there’s been tons of research done in this field…in fact take a look at a show entitled “a haunting”, start with series one, and then work your way through them…it’s pretty scary stuff so brace yourself…

My personal view is that spirit can exist outside the body, now maybe it can’t experience all things fully, like taste and smell ect that it can while in a body, but it may be able to experience other things like sight, sound and even thoughts…and remember spirit is life, and your never disconnected from it, so there must exist some experience of life, while having left the body and being only in the spirit IMO…

It's a very complicated issue for sure. Though when understood it can be very simple IMO, if that makes sense. I'm not too sure I fully understand the Gnostic concepts because there are so many different ones. Aeons, plemoras, ogdoads, etc., etc. Lots of different concepts to connect together.

Yes, it should be simple. The problem with many of the Gnostic texts is the same with all texts, i.e. has the universal truth in them been slightly distorted, or has it been influenced by standard Christianity, and from which Gnostic sect did it originate from and what date was it originally written in etc…all those questions make it more complex, but also more fun

I believe Christianity and the NT in general is a simplified version of Gnosticism, those who put the bible together used concepts from Gnostic works and simplified them into an easier to digest format, making them easier to understand to the laymen (for lack of a better word).

Yes I think so as well; in the time of valentinus, there was a standard church and then there was the secret church, which held secret meetings to teach the real mysteries. It was even considered to be a higher form of salvation with standard Christianity being the lower form of salvation etc…

- JC

edit on 27-2-2015 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I'm theorising here so please don't take me literally.

The use of Father is not about biological parentage, as God has no gender. It's about language, specifically grammatical gender and English words are either masculine or femnine. And thus, we ultimately came to use masculine.

The Holy Spirit is our collective consciousness. God bestowed all its blessings upon the Son, and he attained harmony with it.

I do have to wonder if the following is about the Holy Spirit... [source]

Tis true without lying, certain & most true.

That which is below is like that which is above & that which is above is like that which is below to do the miracles of one only thing.

And as all things have been & arose from one by the mediation of one: so all things have their birth from this one thing by adaptation.

The Sun is its father, the moon its mother, the wind hath carried it in its belly, the earth is its nurse.

The father of all perfection in the whole world is here.

Its force or power is entire if it be converted into earth.

Separate thou the earth from the fire, the subtle from the gross sweetly with great industry.

It ascends from the earth to the heaven & again it descends to the earth & receives the force of things superior & inferior.

By this means you shall have the glory of the whole world & thereby all obscurity shall fly from you.

Its force is above all force. For it vanquishes every subtle thing & penetrates every solid thing.

So was the world created.

From this are & do come admirable adaptations whereof the means (or process) is here in this. Hence I am called Hermes Trismegist, having the three parts of the philosophy of the whole world.

That which I have said of the operation of the Sun is accomplished & ended.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: VigiliaProcuratio

All I see is chauvinistic propaganda.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

You'll have to elaborate on that if you care for me to understand it.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

All recorded NDE's and OBE's have resulted in the person living to tell about them. The brain is said to be alive for a few minutes after beheading, so brain activity is still there in NDE's and OBE's in my opinion, even when the heart is said to have stopped. I believe the brain has to be active in some way during NDE's and OBE's for that experience to be "recorded" and replayed when they "come to" again. The reason they can see from another vantage point is because the universe is our body, even the air in-between you and I, so somehow the Spirit (with the help of the still functioning brain) finds a way to view things from thin air. Not sure how that works though, but I believe the brain must be active, even minimally, for that experience to happen.

In my opinion, as soon as the Spirit leaves the body, it is immediately implanted into another body somewhere in the universe. We do not experience unconsciousness, life is continuous and without any gaps, so I don't see it being any different after death personally. The experiences you say that happen after death without a body could be "dreams" being had by a baby in the womb. I could be wrong though, I personally see the body as an integral part of any experience. You cannot have one without the other.

As for the Scole experiment, I find the setup very suspicious. The room was in total darkness and no night vision cameras were allowed during the experiment. The investigators already believed in paranormal activity and they were extremely restricted by rules imposed by the ones taking part in the seance. If what happened was real and those doing the seance were confident it was real, why restrict the investigators to such limited rules? Why not allow cameras or the lights to be on? The whole setup seems extremely suspicious to me, the rules imposed scream hoax in my opinion.
edit on 2/28/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

You must first understand that there is Deity and that Deity is represented by three persons. God the Father, God the Son and God the Spirit. Together these three persons when acting as one represent total Deity, the Trinity. They are persons, but they are not male or female, but the male/female concept is derived from them. The first person of Deity, The Universal Father, cares for all creation as a Father. God the Son makes the Fatherhood of God possible, to be parent to one like yourself.

God the Son is the first born of all creation but he is co-parental in the creation of the Infinite Spirit, God the Spirit. The nature of God the Son is more motherly and is even sometimes referred to as the Eternal Mother Son. So the Infinite Spirit makes parenthood real to God the Son. To be the co-parental to one like yourself.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

The Christian God, as expressed threefold as in The Holy Trinity is incomplete. The God of Judaism is fourfold and fivefold when spoken of in the plural.

YHVH,

Yod Hey Vav Hey

The Holy Family:

God the Father
God the Mother
God the Son
God the Daughter

The essence of the God of Judaism is "self replicating" like fruit that contains its own seed.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

The reason they can see from another vantage point is because the universe is our body, even the air in-between you and I, so somehow the Spirit (with the help of the still functioning brain) finds a way to view things from thin air. Not sure how that works though, but I believe the brain must be active, even minimally, for that experience to happen.

I think the same thing, but don’t know how it works either; but here's the thing, if the universe can be our body, as well, between the air or aether, then how/why does it also need a brain? The building blocks of life (spirit of life) didn’t need a brain, to be conscious and get things up and running, in the beginning…

The experiences you say that happen after death without a body could be "dreams" being had by a baby in the womb. I could be wrong though, I personally see the body as an integral part of any experience. You cannot have one without the other.

But there have been cases where people have described things taking place in operating theatres, while unconscious and while having senses covered up etc…and yet they were somehow able to see and witness things which they couldn’t have seen, with their own eyes etc…there’s still a lot of stuff, that’s currently unexplained IMO

As for the Scole experiment, I find the setup very suspicious. The room was in total darkness and no night vision cameras were allowed during the experiment.

The investigators already believed in paranormal activity and they were extremely restricted by rules imposed by the ones taking part in the séance. If what happened was real and those doing the séance were confident it was real, why restrict the investigators to such limited rules? Why not allow cameras or the lights to be on? The whole setup seems extremely suspicious to me, the rules imposed scream hoax in my opinion.

The official explanation was that infer red cameras interfered, in some way, with the spiritual activity. I personally believe in the testimony of the witnesses, many of whom had been investigating these types of paranormal phenomena for many years. I personally don’t think they could be have duped so easily IMO… I also got the sense from the witnesses, that they were telling the truth about what they had experienced; but that’s more of gut sense than anything else…

Peace brother

- JC

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Oops, my reply didn't get sent apparently.

I don't think there was a beginning in any concrete sense, life is eternal meaning it had no beginning and will have no end.

Gospel of Thomas
(18) The disciples said to Jesus, "Tell us, how will our end come?"

Jesus said, "Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is.

Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

The beginning is where the end is and vice versa, it loops around itself infinitely. The "beginning" is where the end is as well, so in that sense it is a never-ending cycle of birth death and rebirth. This is what the big bang is in my opinion, a macrocosm of what our life holds, birth death and rebirth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join