It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine's "Ministry of Truth" is hiring Internet trolls (and spies?)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
the important thing to be aware of, certainly insofar as the internet is concerned, is that you can't trust anything.

even this comment.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
a reply to: Rocker2013

When a site like the Guardian publishes a story, there are quickly a hundred pro-Russian comments calling everyone "Nazis", denying Crimea was annexed, denying Russian involvement, accusing the UK and US of orchestrating everything...

Problem only is, it`s exactly the same at Dutch news sites which have no Russian Shills.

But kudos for admitting you have fallen for the paranoia campaign set off by Western Intelligence Services.

So you admit that the rest of us are having to deal with Russian shills? Thanks, I appreciate the confirmation, although none was needed, most people here know the facts already.

I just think the Russian propaganda guys don't understand our culture.

We are surrounded by propaganda all day every day on all sides.

"Buy my new product" "the best new and improved" " we have the best deals on"...etc

All I see from the russia shill campaign makes it too obvious.

Hint guys, in the west it is called an add or PR campaign.

The serious shilling hit the net right when this all started, wow shocker!!!!

Just like a add campaign right as my new product roles out, or at election time, or when BP spills a crap load of oil in the gulf....etc.

They just need to tone it down, and let it seep in, then it wouldn't be so obvious.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: infinityorder

When a site like the Guardian publishes a story, there are quickly a hundred pro-Russian comments calling everyone "Nazis", denying Crimea was annexed, denying Russian involvement, accusing the UK and US of orchestrating everything...

Problem only is, it`s exactly the same at Dutch news sites which have no Russian Shills.

But kudos for admitting you have fallen for the paranoia campaign set off by Western Intelligence Services.

So you admit that the rest of us are having to deal with Russian shills? Thanks, I appreciate the confirmation, although none was needed, most people here know the facts already.

"Buy my new product" "the best new and improved" " we have the best deals on"...etc

Thanks for explaining why Americans have become so paranoid.

So you`re saying Americans are much easier to control with fear, because they have been conditioned to be much more susceptive to scaremongering ?

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Just like a add campaign right as my new product roles out, or at election time, or when BP spills a crap load of oil in the gulf....etc.

They just need to tone it down, and let it seep in, then it wouldn't be so obvious.

In the old days of the USSR, but after WWII, they didn't have much advertising because there was not much free market stuff. No toilet paper, etc. They didn't need any, the state owned the toilet paper manufacturing plants and they were always behind schedule and the rolls disappeared off the shelves in no time. The same with canned milk. The only voices and faces you saw in the scant media was that of some official sternly telling the populace to work overtime at their jobs and that things were getting gloriously better as the great leader of communism in the world was trouncing the Capitalist.

So, a long winded way to say that the Russians are new and heavy-handed in being clever in their propaganda efforts.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Thanks people, I come here to learn something and I did.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Thanks for explaining why Americans have become so paranoid.

So you`re saying Americans are much easier to control with fear, because they have been conditioned to be much more susceptive to scaremongering ?

Um no...I am saying we aren't paranoid, and we see so much propaganda on a constant basis we have become quite adept at spotti g it, so we can ignore it.

Thinl of it like this.

In the mideast every time they introduce a shiek or caliph it sounds like this.

"All hail the most wanderful most peaceful most kind most generous most tasteful most dignified mist holy most wise most bountiful mist charitable most charitable most handsome most glorious..."...etc

In the west we hear "all hail the the most wonderful most peaceful.....bkah blah blah blah blah......"

We just tone it out.

Why are you so fixated on paranoid BTW?

Russia is the paranoid schitzo that thinks we are put to get them.

We don't care about russia!!!!

Seriously!!!! Not at all!!!

Stop stealing other peoples stuff and stay in your own country!!!!!

Do this and we will not ever even think about you again, seriously, not ever!!!!!

Hate to burst your bubble here, but honestly, we think about russia just like north Korea, we forget about you, so to prove you exist you throw a temper tantrum like a child, and we look to we what all the fuss is over.

Nobody but russia even cares about russia!!!

We get it you guys used to matter and are butt hurt you don't, guess what though..... You don't and we don't care!!!!

Simple enough?

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: infinityorder

Nobody but russia even cares about russia!!!

You could have fooled me.

Oh yeah, and I`m not from Russia, I`m simply interested in what goes on in the World, that`s actually pretty normal outside the US.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Here`s the rest of the story...

How I Became Ukraine's Information Warrior

As I wrote earlier, yesterday I signed up to become acyber-cyborg so as to spread totally objective and factual information on the endless string of victories won by the beleaguered outpost of Western civilization that is the UAF over the Russo-Mongolian Horde.

Today, new instructions had arrived:

Link

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

In the old days of the USSR, but after WWII, they didn't have much advertising because there was not much free market stuff. No toilet paper, etc. They didn't need any, the state owned the toilet paper manufacturing plants and they were always behind schedule and the rolls disappeared off the shelves in no time. The same with canned milk. The only voices and faces you saw in the scant media was that of some official sternly telling the populace to work overtime at their jobs and that things were getting gloriously better as the great leader of communism in the world was trouncing the Capitalist.

So, a long winded way to say that the Russians are new and heavy-handed in being clever in their propaganda efforts.

Exactly!!!

Maybe they should higher me, I would seriously make their propaganda at least tolerable, and harder to see for what it is.

I mean honestly, Russian propaganda that works in russia won't work anywhere in the west....it is a list cause.

Why even try if you are going to do a #e job of it.

Just higher a professional add maker or PR rep from the west to advise you.

If people are going to shill they should at the very least have the balls to do a credible job of it.

Just can't to watch such such poor performance in what is a profession in most modern countries.

The Russian shill campaign is working out as well as the Mars candy add blitz after the fall of the soviet union.....not at all!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Only thing you`re proving is how gullible Americans are and how easy they are to be manipulated by fear.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I should start a Shill company. Countries around the world are all getting into it and governments typically pay with big fat juicy contracts. I'll set up the rooms in India for the English and Chinese sites and another Shill site in Russia for the Russian and English...run it online from Barbados. Hire a few 'on call' Shills in various different languages as needed. I'll Shill any topic you want and charge per piece by the comment post. I'll pound away through fake facebook, VK and Weibo accounts to add legitimacy.

I just need a name!
Acme Shill?
Rent a Shill?
High Class Shill?

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky
I should start a Shill company. Countries around the world are all getting into it and governments typically pay with big fat juicy contracts. I'll set up the rooms in India for the English and Chinese sites and another Shill site in Russia for the Russian and English...run it online from Barbados. Hire a few 'on call' Shills in various different languages as needed. I'll Shill any topic you want and charge per piece by the comment post. I'll pound away through fake facebook, VK and Weibo accounts to add legitimacy.

I just need a name!
Acme Shill?
Rent a Shill?
High Class Shill?

It's called internet reputation management and your a little late for the party.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Only thing you`re proving is how gullible Americans are

Says the guy who ignores the Russian reporters beaten for daring to report on the secret burials of Russian soldiers who are apparently not supposed to be fighting in Ukraine.
Says the guy who ignores the fact that Crimea was Ukrainian, not Russian, and the "referendum" was illegal under international law.
Says the guy who ignores the fact that there are Russian tanks, Russian guns, Russian artillery in Ukraine, and Russian soldiers using them
Says the guy who ignores the fact that Russian soldiers are shelling Ukrainian towns and cities while claiming they're Ukrainian "rebels"

I don't think you're really gullible, I think you're either delusional, or you know exactly what you're doing and just doing it very badly.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I think a lot of it is probably just for the Russian public. There are a lot of propagandists attempting to appear to be American or British, giving the Russian viewers the impression that they have thousands of allies in the West thinking like they do. It's actually quite funny, they're all over Twitter and they all pick Hollywood celebs for their avatars and backgrounds, trying to seem as westernized as possible.

It's so over the top, it's what you might imagine North Korean propagandists to be.

Whenever you look at Ukraine/Russia hashtag on there check out some of those accounts posting really bad propaganda in terrible English and you'll usually see Vin Diesel or Charlie Sheen as their pic

You can spot them in groups too, bots posting the same link to a propaganda piece about twenty times, identically written from twenty different accounts one after the other - and they seem to only follow each other.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Lets hope that lesson is that we're really not buying the BS.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Lets hope that lesson is that we're really not buying the BS.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
From which country do those ass wipes at 38:19 minutes in the video come ?

They look foreign mercenaries to me.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I think some T&C needs to be reviewed here.. some posters need a reminder that even though the mods (may) turn a blind eye to trolling and organized derailing threads (what our current *team* is habitually doing on each Ukraine/Russia thread).

There are some that see right through it.

The main offense is thus,

16) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, libelous, defamatory, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

and then there's the other ones...

16d.) Forum Gangs And Topic Control: You will not engage in an organized collaboration with other members to disrupt thread topics or interrupt the flow of normal collaborative discussion. You will not attempt to control or otherwise shutdown valid conversation on a topic through the use of prolific posting of an unpopular viewpoint or other single-purpose standpoint. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

that one gets abused hourly...

15h.) Spamming: You will not Post identical content, or snippets of identical content, to multiple threads in the discussion forums. You will also not create more than one thread for your topic, or create multiple "slightly different" threads for a single topic.

&

15). Posting: You will not Post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate. You will not solicit personal information from any member. You will not use information gathered from this website to harass, abuse or harm other people.

which goes to the heart of the matter at hand.. anyone found to be a part of a NGO, Millitary or Gov PR unit should be instantly removed from the board.. as it's a outright contradiction of that particular term and agreement and WILL eventually be broken.. I have seen folks be asked outright to provide personal information in some boards and rather abusively.. this needs to also stop as it's a gross violation of the T&C.

I have watched various violations in the last year, normally by the exact same few in each thread of their chosen topic, this isn't restricted to the Russia/Ukraine threads... but it's a DAM GOOD PLACE TO START.

Especially in the light of such information pertaining to the next volley of propaganda headed our way.

Those rules above are from OUR T&C, they have been set in stone, and those flaunting the rules or being "allowed" to *TROLL* other members need to understand the gloves are about to come off.. and if the mods and Admins don't care..

Then someone has to.. and many here are fed up with the BS, won't be me.. This is my *bit* .. i'll leave it up to the long standing members to remind you all daily of the rules you break.. but we need to start following the rules or the whole site will fall into... THE SAME PIT THE REST OF THE CT SITES ARE IN.

Stop the trolling. learn to be human/civil again.. if you cannot follow the sites rules... there's the door.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

These shill programs will destroy sites like ATS

The policy of not being able to call out shills is like fox being protected while it slaughters the chickens

When it becomes obvious that ATS is overrun, users will move on to other site someone will start

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Most people aren`t so stupid as to fall for the "internet is filled with Russian Shills narrative" to not understand what is behind that.

Absolutely

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join