It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq and there quest for nukes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2002 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Whos to say that Iraq and some other hardcore enemies of the U.S.dont already have nukes?I mean its possible that they could buy one on the black market.Last time I heard a fully-fuctioning nuke will bring about 100 million dollars cash.If not the bomb then the materials.

posted on Aug, 12 2002 @ 09:17 AM
link   
fair call, any reasonable man is aware that 'iraq and some other hardcore enemies of the U.S.' may already have nukes. what's your point?

- qo.

posted on Sep, 6 2002 @ 07:43 PM
link   
my.ohio.voyager.net...
if *I* can make one in less than a year, a rich-ass arabic country led by a mad dictator can SURELY make one...

[Edited on 9/7/2002 by necro99]

posted on Sep, 7 2002 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Erm, you cant...

posted on Sep, 7 2002 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Well, the only challenge facing any country/person from building a nuke is obtaining the fissile materials(plutonium/hydrogen/deuterium).
The technology for the explosive lenses and triggers is easily obtainable with the right research on the web.
Rumour has it that Israel started their nuclear stockpile with missing plutonium from a US reactor in the 60's. With US government complicity of course( as Israel was thier staunchest ally in the MIddle East ).
So if Iraq got has gotten a hold of plutonium or enriched uranium then they would definately have built a bomb. NO DOUBT

top topics

join