It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Possible To Include a Date?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Wondering if anyone else thinks it's a good idea to have a thread creation date on each thread listed in the 'recent' page listing or not?

I often look at current threads there, and most always find myself wondering if they're new threads, newish threads, or old ones just revived by someone posting to them.

Would be handy if we could have a short date for the thread maybe next to the OP's name.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

How 'old' is old? Thats an old school question…

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
When you click on new threads and see a completely different list...then you know.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

The "New" section has it, so if you use the "Recent" section it could also be handy.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I was thinking something like a small 24/02/15 or 02/24/15 nuzzled somewhere on the individual threads would make it simple at a glance to eye the list and know what threads are new and what are old ones, sometimes very old threads (from 05 or something) that have only made it to the 'recent' list because someone decided to add to that thread.

If they had a creation date, threads that regularly get updates, like the missing aircraft threads or hot political current affairs, all have similar titles, yet by date they can be sorted into what is the latest update at a glance down the recent threads list.

Just me then?

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Unless i'm looking for something specific on one of the forums, i pretty much use the recent list all the time.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I have pondered this many times; especially for breaking news. I hate when I am scrolling through the Recent Posts and I see "BREAKING NEWS:" or something to that affect, only to click the link to an OP that may be days or even years old. Adding a date stamp to the topic would be appreciated.

Great question OP!

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LeatherNLace

Thanks!

That's exactly what i mean....you should have asked the question!

new topics

top topics

join