It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Episode: The Dinosaur Hoax - post your own research & observations

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

If you were being "anti-stupid" you would realize that video was satire.
What happened to "deny ignorance"....?

When did it become ok to be "ignorant" here (willfully, might I add)?

Jesus, I seriously don't see how anyone anywhere could watch that girl speak and then browse the other stuff "Christians against dinosaurs" posted and not realize it was obvious satire. I mean, they didn't even try to hide it.

That's news to me after seeing a few angry contact ATS emails complaining how we're "pro-christian" and "anti-muslim."

Yeah, no. That's news to me. Anyone that thinks this site is "pro-christian" hasn't been around long or doesn't pay much attention.

If anything this site is pro muslim apologist...Those who rationalize and justify the evils of extremists are allowed to run rampant, while any discussion about the insanity of that is damn near forbidden.

I'm not going to get into an argument about it though. No point.
Posted my views and will soon be moving on.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

I'm confused now... Are you saying the girl in the video doesn't really believe what she's saying? If so, can you post something that confirms that?

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

We all know that ATS clearly leans anti-Christian

Examples please

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

The "Christians against dinosaurs" youtube page confirms it. I don't need to post evidence that this is an obvious attempt at satire.

I am sorry if you cannot see it.
Perhaps browse some of the other videos that youtube page hosts and you will see what I mean.

(no...she doesn't believe what she is saying......it's satire)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

So, I should know just by looking at the page? I did and I didn't see anything that indicated that...

At this point, after watching the video I had to find out if Christians Against Dinosaurs was a “real” thing and who this woman was. Surely this had to be some kind of joke video that we see very often. After being accepted into their closed group Facebook page, I found that if this is a joke site, it is very well disguised. Some of the 10,000-plus members seem really passionate about the subject.

Also after some research in the Discussions section of the Christians Against Dinosaurs YouTube channel, someone identifies the woman in the video as Kristen Auclair. After a visit to her Facebook page, it seems this woman may actually believe everything she says in her videos.

Source

Maybe half of the members are sincere and the other half are just making fun of the others...

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: theNLBS

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: theNLBS

Is the best that NLBS can do?

Last week you guys had a great topic but this not so much, 1step forward then 2 steps backwards.

If you want to try to make this episode somewhat interesting you should interview Kirk Cameron.

What's wrong with taking a break from the intense stuff and having some fun?

I'm not sure ask SO I was trying to have fun like you said but he didn't like that.
What kind of research do you guys need to confirm that this indeed is a hoax subject?

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I posted a video from that youtube page in this thread on page 1. Try starting there.

Second...

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
What kind of research do you guys need to confirm that this indeed is a hoax subject?

Something stating that would be nice...

link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

I am walking a thin line and that is not the topic of this thread...so I can't go there.

...second.

link   

post your own research & observations

I am old enough to have observed the "evolution" of Dinosaurs…

I have observed that sometimes we get the critters wrong.

For instance "Ichthyosaur". in my day it was a 'Nessie' style critter with fins, long neck and verrry un-porpoise like.

Nowadays Porpoises, Sharks and Crocodiles for instance, have all been discovered to be alive during the "dinosaur age". Same with Insects, fauna, etc.

Just that living things grew much larger (and older) until a rock tilted the earths axis, changing the climate and O2 levels.

(imo)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

So you cannot recognize satire without someone being blatant enough to scream "this is satire"?

You know, most satire doesn't really come with a "warning, this is satire only" written on it.

....just for the sake of argument, I will acknowledge there are those who believe this kind of tripe. I would reckon they are few and far between and as I asked earlier in the thread, what is the point of giving them attention?

How does that do anything but make this site look like nothing more than weekly world news and the like?

Someone needs to clarify what this site is actually striving for these days. Is it to actually be serious and call out conspiracies and the like, or just some fun and games site where we just make it up as we go along, to hell with facts and lets just "have some fun".

Yes, a very small group of people believe this "no dinos" garbage. How many of them frequent ATS? How many threads are here "debunking" the existence of dinosaurs? How is this garbage relevant to those that frequent ATS?

If this "no dinos" crap was anywhere near being some bs we needed to collectively "debunk" there would be 100 threads on it all the time.
Since there isn't, I have to deduce that this is just stirring the pot for the sake of stirring the pot. (and you know what they say about those that stir that particular pot.....so here I am, "force feeding" it back)

.....and no, I am not trying to be a "thorn" here. I just don't see why this drivel is even worthy of a thread, especially not one hosted by a site that I hold in high regard for being a site to go to, to research and learn from others.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
How about contacting U of M, museum of paleontology as well? If you PM me, I can give you a name.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
You could argue there were forgeries paleontology, piltdown chicken, hehe.

hoaxes.org...

Triceratops isnt actually a triceratops but another dinosaur but a juvenile as opposed to an adult, but maybe it is because they still call them a triceratops

I thought the Bible supported the theory of dinosaurs that whole Behemoth with the cedar tree tail, ehh ???

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Based on additional research, the person who registered christiansagainstdinosaurs.com (and claims ownership of the youtube channel) also owns www.luciferourlord.com...

While the YouTube channel that started the viral mayhem about Christians denying dinosaurs may have dubious origins, there are indeed people who believe dinosaurs never existed.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
How about contacting U of M, museum of paleontology as well? If you PM me, I can give you a name.

Awesome! I've gotten a call back from the Arizona Museum of Natural History. I will also be able to film there. AWESOME!

also I found this

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

there are indeed people who believe dinosaurs never existed.

Well, I'm glad we have a thread to clear that up. (like we didn't already know that)

Now, again, the question....what is the point of giving this VERY tiny minority an audience or any attention at all?
How is this ATS worthy?

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

Hey Joe,

It appears your not the only one looking at this same thing here is a link to ZMEscience and they also don't believe this is satire either.
Link
edit on 24-2-2015 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26
How is this ATS worthy?

Denying ignorance and all.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join