It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2015 Ford Focus ST..drifts easy like a Sunday morning.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Finally a Car I can afford that looks great and is prob a BLAST to drive!
From NET CAR SHOW.com

Ford has sold more than 140,000 Focus ST models in 40 countries worldwide since the car was first launched in 2002.

The most advanced Ford Focus ST yet offers new chassis control technologies, tuned suspension and steering, and bespoke tyre specification that ensure an even more responsive, balanced and refined driving experience. And for the first time, it will be offered with the choice of two powerful engines - one petrol and one diesel.

The first diesel Ford Focus ST takes day-to-day usability and sportiness to a new level by delivering the most fuel efficient and lowest CO2 Ford performance car ever; 185 PS 2.0 litre TDCi achieves 0-100 km/h (62 mph) in 8.1 seconds, 4.4 l/100 km (64.2 mpg), and 114 g/km CO2.

For customers who prefer petrol, the 250 PS 2.0-litre EcoBoost delivers 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) in 6.5 seconds, fuel efficiency of 6.8 l/100 km (41.5 mpg), and 158 g/km CO2. Both models offer Auto-Start-Stop for the first time that improves the EcoBoost version's fuel efficiency by 6 per cent and help make it the most fuel-efficient petrol Focus ST ever.

"The new Focus ST delivers an even more sophisticated balance of performance, driving dynamics, refinement and style - the core of Ford's Sports Technologies DNA," said Joe Bakaj, vice president, Product Development, Ford of Europe.
What is the DNA tech you ask?

Ford Team RS, the award-winning European arm of Ford's Global Performance Vehicle group, made improving the entire driving experience the number one objective for the new Focus ST.

The sports suspension features all-new front springs and sportier new shock absorber tuning front and rear. In combination with the model-specific anti-roll bars and rear springs from the previous generation ST, these enhancements deliver an even sharper dynamic performance.

The calibration of the Electronic Power Assisted Steering and electronic vehicle control systems also has been revised to meet the specific sporting requirements of the new Focus ST.

These changes deliver:

A new Electronic Transitional Stability function in the advanced three-stage Electronic Stability Programme. This senses vehicle stability and driver inputs, intervening as required to maintain optimal precision and control during rapid changes of direction at speed - for example in a lane-change situation
Revised Electronic Torque Vectoring Control settings that further optimise wheel torque distribution, maximising traction through corners and increasing agility
= EASY DRIFTING!

oh and the bells and whistles
Advanced technologies

Driver assistance, convenience and connectivity technologies that will be introduced for the first time include the Ford SYNC 2 connectivity system. SYNC 2 offers access to audio, navigation, climate control and mobile phones using class-leading voice control and a high-definition, 8-inch colour touchscreen that displays the ST logo on start-up.

Adaptive Front Lighting, available for the first time on the Focus ST, adjusts the intensity and angle of the Bi-Xenon HID headlamp beams according to vehicle speed, steering angle and distance to objects to provide optimal illumination. Cross Traffic Alert also is a new addition for Focus ST, and warns drivers reversing from parking spaces if other vehicles are about to cross their path.

Ford's enhanced Active City Stop collision avoidance system - now operative at speeds of up to 50 km/h (31 mph) - readies the brakes if a potential impact is detected and - if the driver does not respond - will automatically apply the brakes. Lane Keeping Aid applies steering torque to guide the Focus ST back in to lane if drifting is detected.

Count me in! I see a test drive in my near future..

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DjembeJedi

Saw this on Top Gear last night. 320 HP!!! WOOHOO lemme at it!

Whoops - they had the RS on Top Gear, not the ST. Still a nice little car though. Most folks don't need anywhere near that HP just to go to the store or take the kids to school.......but Damn I still want one.
edit on 24-2-2015 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Saw this on Top Gear last night. 320 HP!!! WOOHOO lemme at it!

I did as well.. Gave me the inspiration to make this thread! I'm SO down for this.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Dunno about "drifting" - with the new stability program enabled, even powersliding should be hard, as it's designed to avoid skids, and the Focus has always been pretty sticky, anyway. Some are complaining about the notion of the stability program, but I'm pretty sure I read it's selectable to three different levels (somewhere.)

Other than that, really looks like a pretty nice ride for the money, really well-balanced between power:weight, agility, and yet forgiveness in the drive, with all the modern comforts - I kinda want take one out ...

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: squittles

Dunno about "drifting" - with the new stability program enabled, even powersliding should be hard, as it's designed to avoid skids, and the Focus has always been pretty sticky, anyway. Some are complaining about the notion of the stability program, but I'm pretty sure I read it's selectable to three different levels (somewhere.)

Other than that, really looks like a pretty nice ride for the money, really well-balanced between power:weight, agility, and yet forgiveness in the drive, with all the modern comforts - I kinda want take one out ...

It doesn't say it in the articles specs but the Fellas from Top Gear UK say it comes with a drift "Button" !
But I agree for the list price around $24k You really can't lose on this.
edit on 2/24/2015 by DjembeJedi because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/24/2015 by DjembeJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I want an RS!!!
edit on 25-2-2015 by brace22 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join