It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eric Garner's daughter on video: Al Sharpton 'All about the money'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: works4dhs

I don't know nearly enough on O'Keefe to judge his other reports, but this one regarding Sharpton was horrible. It conforms to no ethical practices, and his team covertly filmed people while asking them leading questions in order to push the story along a certain path. That isn't investigative journalism. That is propaganda. O'Keefe and his team have agendas to push, and they are manufacturing these 'stories' in order to fulfill those agendas.

You may think that the importance of accuracy outweighs the importance of agenda, but they are mutual components. If O'Keefe has an agenda, his reporting is not likely to be accurate. Although one without an agenda is likely to produce a better result. It is clear that O'Keefe does have an agenda, so i am prepared to safely speculate that his reporting is either inaccurate or reckless, if true.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The objection to O'Keefe is mainly coming from those supporting the side that O'Keefe has exposed repeatedly with his videos. In other words, it comes from a bias rather than from some moral high ground. O'Keefe is no different than 60 Minutes, Geraldo or any other character that has used hidden video to build a story.

If 'we all know about Sharpton', than how does he repeatedly become the sharpshooter and rabble rouser for he administration and for the democrats? Someone apparently doesn't know or [I]care[/I] if they do know.

I would agree that his grandstanding over his fears is a bit silly.
edit on 24-2-2015 by UFGarvin because: 35

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
a reply to: works4dhs

I don't know nearly enough on O'Keefe to judge his other reports, but this one regarding Sharpton was horrible. It conforms to no ethical practices, and his team covertly filmed people while asking them leading questions in order to push the story along a certain path. That isn't investigative journalism. That is propaganda. O'Keefe and his team have agendas to push, and they are manufacturing these 'stories' in order to fulfill those agendas.

You may think that the importance of accuracy outweighs the importance of agenda, but they are mutual components. If O'Keefe has an agenda, his reporting is not likely to be accurate. Although one without an agenda is likely to produce a better result. It is clear that O'Keefe does have an agenda, so i am prepared to safely speculate that his reporting is either inaccurate or reckless, if true.

1) one might 'manufacture' a story but one can't manufacture people stating what they really think. These quotes are basic facts. the news consumer may draw his/her own conclusion when given the facts.
2) 90% of today's journalism is agenda-driven propaganda (depending on the definition). Some people are whining because we now have a conservative doing this.
Presumably O'Keefe has 'investigated' other issues, couldn't find supporting evidence, and dropped those particular stories.
is any part of the story untrue? are there any lies?

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join