It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rice Pulling is it Magic or Science

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Hi guys its been long time since i posted something on ats, i recently came across this interesting topic about rice pulling which i believe some how missed to be discussed on ATS please correct me if it is already discussed.

Rice pulling is a phenomenon where it some anicent objects such as old/ancient copper items coins, idols etc have the ability to pull rice like magnet pulls iron.

It is believed that keeping such items in home brings great wealth to the owner, what ever it is, i just wanted to know the opinion of great minds in this forums, i am posting link about youtube video to get an idea on what i am really talking about.

Just google Rice pulling for more information
edit on 24-2-2015 by snowlord because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2015 by snowlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: snowlord

I'm a bit skeptical of that video. it wouldn't be hard to place small bits of iron inside of the rice then use magnets under the table to achieve that effect.

Now it the video showed a metal detector scanning the pile of rice, then performing the feat on a piece of plexi-glass I would be a bit more intrigued.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
That looks like vibration. The urn in the center makes the table sag a bit, strike the urn to make it vibrate and presto, the rice goes to the middle/lowest point.

rationalwiki.org...

Rice puller
Rice pullers are a specialty of scammers on the Indian subcontinent. They are metal objects which are purported to attract grains of rice. And, seriously, that's about it. It is this magical property that makes such items extremely valuable, though it is unclear how it could be especially useful.
[edit]What are they?

Rice pullers can be any old metal object such as cutlery, bowls or jewellery. The most prized of all rice pullers is a cheap, crudely faked Anna coin dated 1616, allegedly minted by the East India Company (they minted no such coin in 1616). Scammers will demonstrate the "power" of these objects through unimpressive illusionist techniques.
Claims are made that a unique mixture of copper and iridium accounts for the metal's magical powers in an attempt to science it all up.
[edit]The scam

The scam usually works like this:
The "trader" will attract numerous "buyers" who are merely shills. This gives a public appearance of the metal being easily saleable at premium prices (up to Rs500,000 for an old spoon (that's 9,000 USD)).
Interested parties will come forward with their old cutlery and request that they have it appraised and if interested, that the "trader" might purchase it.
The "trader" will respond that he's had a major crisis of some kind and is no longer buying but instead needs to sell his stock at bargain basement prices.
The target, believing there is a ready market, will leap at the opportunity at making a quick profit and snaps up the "bargain".
The advent of the Internet has enabled this scam to flourish as "traders" flood forums and business directories, making it look like a vibrant and respectable industry.

edit on 24-2-2015 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
That looks like vibration. The urn in the center makes the table sag a bit, strike the urn to make it vibrate and presto, the rice goes to the middle/lowest point.

also quite viable

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
why can't these vidoes ever be done on a glass table without a cloth to possibly hide things?

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Why does the rice just set there and all at once make a dash for the vase?
Magic should always have a good payoff, not be merely a show of sleight of hand trick.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

'Snowjob'.

Why would you put this in the 'Medical' forum?

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I think it may be static electricity.
Pour dry, uncooked rice into a glass measuring cup, then dump the rice into the pot that you will be cooking it in. Now look into the measuring cup and you will see several grains of dry rice sticking to the inside of the cup.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

All you see is the rice, you don't see what happens off camera, so the person may have struck the urn again a bit harder, to get the pile moving. I'm with Muse, do it on a glass table with no cloth and see what happens. They are careful not to show in the urn or under it, so there is probably some device inside, that can be triggered remotely, that vibrates.
edit on 24-2-2015 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Magic should always have a good payoff, not be merely a show of sleight of hand trick.

Maybe there is an oscillating fan in the room that pushes the rice? Who is to know, really? It does look like a scam though.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Time lapse filming, in low res too...why? Because the rice, isn't rice...it is maggots.

They are attracted to the 'ancient vase', because there is some rotten meat under the base...my guess anyway.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

But if these objects pull rice how does that add to wealth? I have white rice, brown rice, Jasmine rice, instant rice, and flavored rice in my cupboard right now and really don't need more. Now something that will pull gold that I'd be interested in.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

I hate to burst your really disgusting theory but flies lay their eggs on the rotting material so the babies(maggots) have a ready source of food. They don't make the babies seek out food.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

They had to wait for "On your mark...get set... go"

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Yeah...I would go with vibration and the table being a bit lower in the middle. You can see the rice "pooling" at certain points around the urn.....if it were genuinely "attracting" the rice, it would make it's way all the way around the urn, not just certain spots.

Trickery is at hand here methinks!

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Yep my money is on two small blow dryers.. Tight camera angle and two people on the side turn on their little wind machines and you have moving rice in any direction you want it to go.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
we can't hear the room... it looks like a speaker is under the cloth, play the right frequency and the rice will travel to the low spot... There were a couple of points in the video that showed the rice move without the "puller"... clearly a fake, why does it only line up and go to the back off camera?

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Oh yea of little faith... vegetable magnetism at it's arcane finest... and who hasn't amassed fortunes from our Western counterparts that attract your neighbor's wheat during harvest time? Old farmer Skulk is always flummoxed when my bushels double and his dwindle after just one night of attraction ... I use my own buffalo head nickel, Gleam of Wheat, that I blessed.

Sometimes the chicks are swept up in the amber grain waves and buried in the pile...poor things.

But really, foreign scams are always a hoot!

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
basically Rice Pullers are bought by North western Indians (gujaratis) for the treatment of Impotency and it triples the size of their in length and diameter. there are also side affects for using this in the treatment like the semen drops from the nose and the Mucos drops from the. hope i've given the right answer.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Hi friends,

I have been in this situation before when i wanted to start my rice farm last year but i finally got it right when i traveled to China for holiday this year, i met a farmer who was operating on the system that connected me to with the dealer who sold me the rice puller, now my farm is giving me what i want and stress free. You can have his contact if you are interested. Name is Michael Germany([email protected]) He can ship it to you if needed.

I wish you success.
Kanti Preeti

new topics

top topics

join