It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fluoride in water is linked to thyroid problem which causes weight gain, depression and tiredness.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: DrChinstrap
a reply to: superman2012

I love how you keep on trying to justify a practise that most countries around the world find unjustifiable, regardless of potential health issues.

Is it a coincidence that someone who works at a water treatment plant, adding fluoride to the water, is trying to justify his job?

Is this true superman? Do you put fluride in the water for financial gain?

If so I think you should have mentioned that

No, it's not true. Just more fear spread by the fearful.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

If I misread I apologize.

That wasn't you?

Just more fear spread by the fearful.

I am not exactly shaking at the knees here.
edit on 24-2-2015 by DrChinstrap because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012

I love how you keep on trying to justify a practise that most countries around the world find unjustifiable, regardless of potential health issues.

Is it a coincidence that someone who works at a water treatment plant, adding fluoride to the water, is trying to justify his job?

If you decided to follow the other threads or just do a little bit of ATS research on me, you should have realized that I don't work in a water treatment plant that fluoridates the water...

They don't find it unjustifiable, the people either voted it out or they fluoridated other products. As I have said many time, if they find a better practice, I'm all for it. For now, this is the best way to get it to people that can't afford proper dental care.

Now, to be fair, SuperMan, you have so many, many posts, and so many are mostly strongly held opinion presented as fact, that you really can't expect everyone to try do much research on you, even as "great" as you are.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Now now people please repect my OP here,

There are other ongoing threads I am now aware but this was about a new study and the UK govements dismissal of it without counter evidence.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

If I misread I apologize.

That wasn't you?

Just more fear spread by the fearful.

I am not exactly shaking at the knees here.

Not shaking at the knees but sure not swimming in facts...

I do work at a water treatment plant, but no fluoride is added at any of the water treatment plants I take care of or by me.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I have a genuine question, If you work in a water treatment facility why do you have a water filter at home?

I am not trying to bait you it just makes little sense if you follow me?

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tusks

If you decided to follow the other threads or just do a little bit of ATS research on me, you should have realized that I don't work in a water treatment plant that fluoridates the water...

They don't find it unjustifiable, the people either voted it out or they fluoridated other products. As I have said many time, if they find a better practice, I'm all for it. For now, this is the best way to get it to people that can't afford proper dental care.

Now, to be fair, SuperMan, you have so many, many posts, and so many are mostly strongly held opinion presented as fact, that you really can't expect everyone to try do much research on you, even as "great" as you are.

Thanks! I appreciate that.
Facts are not opinions just as opinions aren't facts...I showed that to you in other threads that you abandoned.

Back on topic, I don't think the UK government needed to provide evidence as it was a study done by observation. If they actually did a scientific study rather than trying to link two things together with epidemiological evidence, then I'm sure the government would HAVE to look at it and possible remove it if shown a direct relationship.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I have a genuine question, If you work in a water treatment facility why do you have a water filter at home?

I am not trying to bait you it just makes little sense if you follow me?

The only water filter I have now is a Brita one in my fridge. My wife doesn't like the taste of water without it. I even tried to prove to her that the filter doesn't make a difference, it was only temperature that she noticed. I took filtered bottled water and put it in a cup and tap water and put it in a cup, lowered them to the same temperature and she couldn't tell me which one was which...even with a 50% chance of getting it right, she didn't.

The water treatment plant (the main one anyways) where I work is a Reverse Osmosis plant.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

That makes sense, when you mentioned earlier reverse osmosis filters I assumed you had one installed at home.

When you then said you worked in water filtration it raised questions!

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

a reply to: Tusks
What were the deviations? I have been unable to find it in the control groups.

It's not impossible, but until all available information is actually available (all deviations) and any other factors eliminated from this study by observation, and then repeated, neither side can claim anything with 100% certainty. That's the crux with any claim, it has to be proven or dis proven. They haven't proven it, but that doesn't mean it is dis proven. All evidence so far says it isn't the case, but I'm not aware of any study that tries to prove the opposite of this claim.

DEVIATIONS??? The entire effin' range was less than the CDC recommended levels.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

You work in the water business so you should have access to this data. How much fluoride is coming out of your tap? And how can the average Joe test the levels themselves?

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Tusks

That still doesn't answer the question. Are the deviations more than people not drinking fluoridated water?

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkipperJohn

You work in the water business so you should have access to this data. How much fluoride is coming out of your tap? And how can the average Joe test the levels themselves?

There is a simple test you can perform, just answer the following questions.

1. Are you fat?

2. Are you tired?

3 Are you depressed?

If you score 3 out of 3 there is too much flouride in your water supply.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Where do you live? You can find it all online. How much is in the raw untreated water, how much they add, how much is in the treated water.
You can take a sample in yourself from your tap if you want to. In Saskatchewan Canada, it is around $100 for the test...and they don't just test for fluoride.

Edit: out of my tap it is less than .01mg/L, the groundwater is very low in it too though, only around .10 mg/L. Less than .01mg/L is just their way of saying, "we can't say zero but our tests don't register any".
edit on 24-2-2015 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

1. Are you fat?

2. Are you tired?

3 Are you depressed?

I don't sleep because I'm too depressed about being fat...which makes me eat more. Where do I fit in?
lol

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Drinking water test kits are sold at most building supply stores.

Check your local water authority's website for test data. I don't know about your area, but mine offers daily, monthly, and quarterly test reports.

If they don't have anything on their website, call and ask.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I am all around. Lets say the city of Houston. Is this live data you can access?

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

Drinking water test kits are sold at most building supply stores.

Check your local water authority's website for test data. I don't know about your area, but mine offers daily, monthly, and quarterly test reports.

If they don't have anything on their website, call and ask.

Of course you would have to be happy to belive the data that they release.

This is ATS after all. DTA.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

1. Are you fat?

2. Are you tired?

3 Are you depressed?

I don't sleep because I'm too depressed about being fat...which makes me eat more. Where do I fit in?
lol

Right where they want you, useless, scared and in need of expensive medication

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I am all around. Lets say the city of Houston. Is this live data you can access?

2013 data
They post the data for the year previous. I couldn't find 2014 yet, I'm not sure when they publish it, but it should be soon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join