It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

90 Christians abducted by IS in Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Reuters and the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights have said that IS has kidnapped 90 Christians after wresting control of two villages from the hands of the Kurdish YPG today in North-Eastern Syria.

IS kidnapped the Assyrian Christians after defeating the Kurds in two villages in the al-Hasakeh region of North-Eastern Syria. It is believed that the kidnappings were a direct response to recent Kurdish successes in the North-Eastern regions.

IS had earlier kidnapped 56 people from the village of Tal Shamiram.

www.aljazeera.com...
edit on 24-2-2015 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Not that I doubt the veracity of the claims...

But the Syrian Observatory For Human Rights (basically one man in the UK with a telephone full of contacts in Syria) has been criticised as selective.

I hope they (he) are (is) wrong this time as well.

Something tells me that on this occasion, he may be right.

No one deserves this.
My prayers go out to the good and innocent of Syria!

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

I wonder how long it will be before we see videos of captured Isis fighters suffering terrible deaths . where will the moral high ground be if that were to happen .

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Yeah, i hold a fair degree of skepticism regarding him and his 'observatory'. Hopefully the media can get some follow up information...they should contact the Kurdish media office or something, for confirmation that the villages were taken.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Been searching through YPG Twitter accounts...
Nothing mentioned so far.

A lot of activity in a "90 Christians" search though, but same sources.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
Reuters and the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights have said that IS has kidnapped 90 Christians after wresting control of two villages from the hands of the Kurdish YPG today in North-Eastern Syria.

Well does anyone know if those 90 "Christians" are homosexuals? If so, perhaps look for them in Italy, some where's around the Leaning Tower.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
you should think by now that everything that moves on the IS side gets terminated in an instant.
how can they take towns and build defenses if the sky is full of drones and bombers?

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

So far, this has not happened. Isis will never have the moral high ground as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't put it past the MSM to spin it that way though.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

It is true.

A report is out on skynews.

More beheadings are on the way then and it looks like more kids to be forced to join ISIS young ranks and be brainwashed!

I wonder how big this young army is going to get... or will they be allowed to grow much more?

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
What? They captured "some folks?" I'm sure we will bravely stand with Syrians and Assyrians everywhere when they are murdered.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Activist: ISIS holds 150 Christian hostages, will threaten to kill them

www.cnn.com...

The Assyrians are a proud group that's overcome a lot in their history. They can trace their roots back some 4,000 years to the time of Mesopotamia, considered one of the cradles of civilization and birthplace of writing and literature. While their first religion was Ashurism, Assyrians have been predominantly Christian since the third century.

"How can Syria be Syria without the Assyrians?" Edward said. "We gave the country our name."

Depressing beyond words

top topics

join