It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Crazy am I to think I know where MH370 is? Jeff Wise in NY Magazine

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: soccerscott

I quite agree, aircrafts which are flying outside air corridors and have no transponder signal would normally be seen as hostile and not as an civilian aircraft.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: mrscary3721

Why would Rolls Royce need GPS tracking anyway? All they would have to do is tell the plane it was having problems and advises landing for maintenance etc. I would think it wouldn't matter where the plane landed, the crew itself would obviously know if an airport was big enough for them to land by asking for permission from the flight tower. RR could pretty easily fly an mechanic anywhere they needed to go instead of having them on standby at half the airports in the world on the off chance they needed to land a 777 there for repairs.

**edit** Not to mention they could just ask the plane where it was, and then from there suggest a landing. Why spend the money to monitor it themselves when the plane will obviously know where it is anyway.
edit on 2/26/2015 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I just watched a documentary about the ridiculous amount of planes that crash in the Sierra Nevada mountains in the "somewhat" middle of the continental US that takes years, and in some cases decades to find. The plane of a super famous rich guy that set a bunch of flight records got lost, and only had like a 200 mile range ended up having an area of like 400,000 sq mile area to search and after like 6 weeks of 500 some sorties was never found. It wasn't found until a year later when a hiker found it.

There was a military plane from WW2 that crashed in the same area and wasn't found until like 40 or 50 years later. Obviously these are quite different planes and circumstances but to think that governments magically track every single object in the air through out the whole globe is just silly. I admit I thought the same thing until watching this documentary and realizing how wrong I was though.

**WTF why isn't my whole post showing up, but when I edit it I can see all of the text?
edit on 2/26/2015 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/26/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: Removed symbol that was blocking the whole post from showing normally.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Okay guys ... just throwing this in. Sounds probably ridiculous to many, if not all of you but here it goes... (this is afterall a conspiracy site)

A lot of strange things are happening the last few years and maybe they are connected. I have no idea what the connection can be between this plane and lets say....Sandy Hook. The similarity is people pronounced dead and vanished..

Sure there is some other strange event with more than one person presumably dead but surrounded in mystery.

I keep thinking these things are a drill or testbed of some kind... for something massive.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

I'd like to see the person can throw a stone from the Southern Indian Ocean and hit Kazakhstan.

Diego Garcia is a tropical footprint-shaped coral atoll located south of the equator in the central Indian Ocean. It is part of the British Indian Ocean Territory (BIOT).

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

It's also tiny and doesn't have enough room to hide a 777 on it.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: kidcraig
a reply to: AtcGod

What ARTCC do you work for?

I work at an Approach Control not gonna say which.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

It's also tiny and doesn't have enough room to hide a 777 on it.

I agree that it might not. It does however have a complex rader system that will treck anything in its vicinity..

purp.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

But not long range. So if they didn't fly close to the island they wouldn't see it.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: earthling42

I quite agree, aircrafts which are flying outside air corridors and have no transponder signal would normally be seen as hostile and not as an civilian aircraft.

Not at all.

If, and that's a big if, they were picked up by military radar, they were ignored. But I seriously doubt they were even picked up by radar. There are no active conflicts between the bordering countries they passed, so there is no reason for a poor country to waste resources monitoring the airspace.

The job of the radar operator is to determine threats, an aircraft skirting the border heading away from your airspace would not be alerted on.

It's like my favorite 9/11 fallacy that's usually in the first 5 minutes of every 9/11 truther video. America did NOT, and still does NOT, have the heaviest defended airspace in the world, not even close. There were no air defense missile batteries and very few alert fighters. We were at peace, there was no reason to monitor the air other than NORAD, and a commercial domestic heavy airliner doesn't even warrant a second look to them under normal circumstances.

This belief that most countries have anti aircraft missiles all along their borders is a movie myth, very few do. And even then it's because there is a threat. If there is no threat those resources are shut down.

Missile batteries are fragile pieces of equipment and they are expensive to maintain. So leaving them outside and manned 24 hours a day during peacetime is a very expensive proposition.

Where MH370 is proposed to have gone there would have been only military radar for the vast majority of the trip.

I see a pretty solid piece of investigation.

And with Putin shooting down a 777 so soon after this incident it proves he has no qualms about killing large groups of people.

Why would Russia suddenly start working on a base they haven't used since their shuttle program went belly up?

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

I'd like to see the person can throw a stone from the Southern Indian Ocean and hit Kazakhstan.

Diego Garcia is a tropical footprint-shaped coral atoll located south of the equator in the central Indian Ocean. It is part of the British Indian Ocean Territory (BIOT).

en.wikipedia.org...

I don't know why you're addressing such irrelevant information to me.

I have no interest in the red herring theories pointing to the S. Indian ocean or DG.

MH370 went North, not South.

South is the cover-up story.

North is where the hijackers were headed.

The "southern Arc" theory is based on a false and impossible concept put forth by INMARSAT (and no one else) and there is absolutely zero corroborating evidence to back up their claim, which in light of the absence of flotsam, is revealing itself to be a lie with every passing day.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

en.wikipedia.org...

I have no interest in the red herring theories pointing to the S. Indian ocean or DG.

The "southern Arc" theory is based on a false and impossible concept put forth by INMARSAT (and no one else) and there is absolutely zero corroborating evidence to back up their claim, which in light of the absence of flotsam, is revealing itself to be a lie with every passing day.

Do you have one iota of proof as to your constant bashing of the information relied upon to project the plane's path? Do you have ANY proof at all that the plane was hijacked or that someone is covering up said hijacking? Do you have ANY information that would make your "theory" logical in any way at all? Because if you do, I have not seen you post it. The idea that they would hijack the plane with NO ONE being able to follow it on radar and that they would then somehow keep EVERYONE on the plane from making even ONE call or text and that they would then sit on and actually be able to successfully hide the plane all this time is ridiculous. The sad part is that when they finally find the plane under 20,000 feet of water, you will just move the goal posts and say the footage or evidence is fake.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

What it seems like you have no interest in...is reality, quite frankly.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: SteeBoo

And with Putin shooting down a 777 so soon after this incident it proves he has no qualms about killing large groups of people.

Except Putin didn't shoot down MH17, the Ukraine did.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I have no interest in the red herring theories pointing to the S. Indian ocean or DG. MH370 went North, not South. South is the cover-up story.

A red Herring is you thinking you no which way the plane went. I am making no such assumption.

See you are missing my point regardless of which way the plain went. It was in the vicinity of the military base. There is no way the base couyld not track a plane in its vicinity

purp..

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

The evidence I've seen is pretty damning against Russia. There were numbers on the BUK Missiles and they were photographed enough that they could track it's progress from the time it crossed into Ukraine from Russia.

RT, Putin's mouthpiece, wants everyone to think Ukraine did it.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I have no interest in the red herring theories pointing to the S. Indian ocean or DG. MH370 went North, not South. South is the cover-up story.

A red Herring is you thinking you no which way the plane went. I am making no such assumption.

See you are missing my point regardless of which way the plain went. It was in the vicinity of the military base. There is no way the base couyld not track a plane in its vicinity

purp..

Why do you think it was in the vicinity of Diego Garcia?

There is no proof whatsoever.

The entire story is based on one person's theory at INMARSAT.

He claims to have invented a new way of tracking aircraft.

Does that not strike you as suspicious?
edit on -06:0019152362015-02-26T09:36:19-06:00 by Psynic because: punc

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

The evidence I've seen is pretty damning against Russia. There were numbers on the BUK Missiles and they were photographed enough that they could track it's progress from the time it crossed into Ukraine from Russia.

RT, Putin's mouthpiece, wants everyone to think Ukraine did it.

At risk of further derailing this thread, there hasn't been any "evidence" to deflect the obvious air-to-air cannon damage into the left side cockpit of MH17, that could only be caused by a Ukrainian fighter jet.

"Numbers" on Buks ? How does that prove anything? There is no evidence of a Buk even being launched.

The "inquiry" which Ukraine is a party to, hasn't released a single piece of evidence to back up accusations against Russia.

edit on -06:0028152292015-02-26T08:29:28-06:00 by Psynic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Consider this.

The feds still maintain that TWA 800 was brought down by bad wiring, despite 90% of commercial pilots saying it was a missile.

They lied about it because the truth would cause way too much panic among the population.

I think we are looking at the exact same deal here.

If they went public and said the plane landed in Kazakhstan the public would be outraged and demand a response. Which I think is exactly what Putin wants, and exactly what ObamaCo fears the most.

So they did what they do best, they lied.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join