It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Self Balancing Unicycle... amazing tech at work here!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Ok I searched ATS to see some mention of this 11 years ago and it did quite work right... But now it does!
This is the ultimate beach cruiser!

www.youtube.com...

good luck getting one though, 6 month backlist

and thats funny fake cops getting busted at the end lol

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

That looks like fun but I'd probably kill myself on one. I had a co worker that rode a regular unicycle to work every day. I always got a kick out of that. How do you steer one?

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

How do you steer one?

You have to pass gas in whichever general direction you wish to head.

edit on 23-2-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I mean, yeah it kind of looks fun but I am of the opinion that unicycles are dorky to ungodly levels. I have seen a lot of peculiar choices for transportation in my life and none have the look of "I shall never get laid again" like that of the unicycle.

Ever watch fail videos for a laugh? See the skateboarders smack their face on cement, trick bikes racking themselves on hand rails? Yeah, I cringe at all those, but I always feel this overwhelming sense of relief when I see a unicyclist bite the dust. Especially the ones that like to pretend they are somehow..........."Extreme"..

My opinion, because I can have one.
edit on 23-2-2015 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

I decided to come back and edit my post to say that: If I were in a place alone and no one could see me.........I would probably play around on one of these. If caught however, I would deny until death that I was actually riding it.
edit on 23-2-2015 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
$1,800.00

One very expensive bit of kit.

Always is the case though. Someone has to try making a million dollars in 3.2 seconds.

And at that price, just wait for the knock offs.

Over and over and they never learn.

P

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
It's cool but I would rather ride a regular unicycle. More fun when you have to work at it. Unless you are a circus clown riding twenty feet in the air it's really not that hard anyway.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
How fast will these go? It llok from the vid that they move along at a pretty good clip 5-7 mph? Are they powered by batteries?
a reply to: Speckle

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Lol I guess. You'd have to beware of certain "accidents" doing that.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

That's why I always wear insurance.

edit on 23-2-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

That why I always wear insurance.

Could you say that you're a person that depends on insurance?

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

That looks like fun but I'd probably kill myself on one. I had a co worker that rode a regular unicycle to work every day. I always got a kick out of that. How do you steer one?

I wonder if they use the Gyro Wheel to be able to keep it upright. If not that then maybe the technology of it. Like the Gyro Wheel, it says it has a battery inside. The Gyro Wheel's main purpose was to teach children to ride bikes. Eventually you could turn the battery off to allow the children to ride the bike using their "body technology" and not the battery.

And it's all thanks to this ingenious gyro-equipped bike wheel. Like the Seqway before it, the Gyrowheel uses, well, a gyro, to maintain balance long enough so that a child can comfortably get the feel for bike riding—without those tiny little wheels messing with their self-esteem.

As you can see in the video, even with a few slaps on the side the wheel remains upright. I too was skeptical at first, but when the video depicted a bike "ghost riding" across the exhibit floor, I was sold and my childhood was immediately envious.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Wow, that website is selling the credit card knife for $19. I got five of them for $9 on Amazon...

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: guitarplayer
How fast will these go? It llok from the vid that they move along at a pretty good clip 5-7 mph? Are they powered by batteries?
a reply to: Speckle

According to the video, they can go up to about 12 1/2 mph, and yes they are powered by batteries. The batteries recharge in about an hour according to Amazon question and answer with the team.

Unicycle

Is the battery included in the price, or is it purchased separately? Jan 6, 2014

Norman, The battery most certainly is included in the price. For $1,795, (plus shipping) -- Standard Package Contents: Charger, 300mm & 200mm Seat Post, Spare Inner Tube, Power Lock Key.

Jan 6, 2014 by Focus Designs Inc.

How long does it take to fully recharge it from a dead battery? Nov 26, 2014

It seems to take about an hour (the charger turns off automatically) I usually leave it plugged in for an additional hour in case it needs to do any charger balancing.

Nov 26, 2014 by 127001

What is the top speed while riding this unicycle? Or rather, the fastest you can realistically travel on this? Jan 9, 2014

Hello Scott, The SBU is set at a top speed of 12.5 MPH. Personally, I ride at a consistent speed of 9 MPH on average. Best, Alan Ecoff Customer Relations Manager [email protected] www.focusdesigns.com

Jan 9, 2014 by Focus Designs Inc.

What's its range? Nov 18, 2013

Hi Dwayne, The range, in short, is up to 10 miles on a single charge. Depending on the riders weight, and how often you ride up inclines, will affect the battery range. This is a great distance to ride!

Nov 18, 2013 by Focus Designs Inc.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

I don't know but that thing was neat. It would've saved me a lot of hurt when I was a kid.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

How do you steer one?

Your grasp on physics is incomplete.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

How do you steer one?

Wouldn't it make more sense to pass it in the opposite direction?

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Screw you all!!!

Did it feel good to point that out, lol?

My unicycle has a sail. It allows ultimate control in any direction when the wind is blowing off course.

It sounded better in my head...

Where it should have stayed!

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
ok so i live in a place with hills and valleys. I let it go yesterday of basically ice. this sled was going like 35-40 mph. amd
some kid built a ramp and of course I hit it dead on. 8 feet in the air 30 feet covered ,all on my ass. get up do it again. there was a crowd cheering

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: Anyafaj

I don't know but that thing was neat. It would've saved me a lot of hurt when I was a kid.

Me too. I did look into the Gyro Wheel about a couple of years ago for my daughter who is autistic and has balance issues to Agenesis of the Corpus Callosum. She essentially has two brains, a left and a right one, rather than a whole brain. Because of this, she cannot ride a two wheel bike. Grown ups in our apartment complex used to make fun of her and tell her that her parents were lazy for not teaching her how to ride a bike properly because her 10 speed had training wheels on it. When she came in crying for the umpteenth time I finally had enough and told them off. I said until you know what a TBI is, stay out of people's business! I wish the Gyro Wheel were made bigger, because I would happily buy one for a 10 speed for her so she could be like her friends and ride as normally as possible, unfortunately they don't and she's too tall for the other sized bikes that the Gyro Wheel would fit! Not to mention 3 wheel bikes you see elderly on are close to $200-300 dollars in some areas!

edit on 2/24/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

credit card knife free

edit on 10-3-2016 by sara458 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join