It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Research: Smoking Marijuana is 114 Time Safer Than Drinking Alcohol

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Scew all the medicinal, health dangers arguments, ect. Screw them.

I'm a grown man, God dammit, if I want to get stoned then nobody should be able to tell me I can't. Simple really.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: SensiblyReckless
Scew all the medicinal, health dangers arguments, ect. Screw them.

I'm a grown man, God dammit, if I want to get stoned then nobody should be able to tell me I can't. Simple really.

Ultimately I agree with this. I view that as sort of 'the next step.' Actually, the third step. Lol. First step, demonstrate the harmlessness of cannabis, the obvious hypocrisy in those policies, particularly in light of how it has really been the poster-child of the drug war in many ways. The next step, is realizing that harmlessness and potential benefit applies to other illegal drugs, particularly the, let's say 'visionary' ones. Third step, is the realization that free individuals have the right to do as they please, so long as they aren't harming others.

And we will, in this process, lose the puritanical taboo against altering consciousness. And then the notion of jailing people for altering their consciousness will be seen as a highly immoral practice that stained our society for a time, similar to other stains which came from outdated and often puritanical ideology.
edit on 25-2-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
i am so safe right now

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   
So it's 114 times less bad.
Not healthier.
Why would you want to inhale smoke of any kind.
I've dabbled with some drugs when I was in my teens.
some of the people I knew at the time went to far. They've been on weed for more than a decade. Let me tell you, it definitely has side effects.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaptanMad
So it's 114 times less bad.
Not healthier.
Why would you want to inhale smoke of any kind.
I've dabbled with some drugs when I was in my teens.
some of the people I knew at the time went to far. They've been on weed for more than a decade. Let me tell you, it definitely has side effects.

Please elaborate. Many of us have smoked or know people who have smoked for many years. I'd like to see if our experiences match.
edit on 25-2-2015 by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
"Third step, is the realization that free individuals have the right to do as they please, so long as they aren't harming others."

But your third step, should always be the first in any country that legitimately wants to call herself free and democratic

edit on 25 2 15 by SensiblyReckless because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: SensiblyReckless
"Third step, is the realization that free individuals have the right to do as they please, so long as they aren't harming others."

But your third step, should always be the first in any country that legitimately wants to call herself free and democratic

I agree. I just see what I described as being the series of events as they will actually play out, to get us from where we have been to there. The process is at least underway now, with my 'first step' making strides.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I agree. In reality those steps need to be taken, and it's gonna be a long and hard road before we see the third step.

Generally, the anti-cannabis propaganda isn't working anymore and people who aren't users can see through the BS. So we have hope!

You'll always get the anti-cannabis bashers on these threads, trying and failing to justify the illegality. It's amusing to read lol.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Most pot smokers are overly cautious when they get behind the wheel. .

Very true in my case. I am a Medical Cannabis user in Oregon, and I was FAR more cautious about venturing forth on the roads on this medicine than I ever was on Vicodin, or even Fentanyl! I pretended I was 17 again, practiced at night in the driveway, stayed on my back roads around here until, as every prescription bottle I have ever been handed has instructed me,

I USED CAUTION WHEN DRIVING OR OPERATING HEAVY MACHINERY UNTIL THE EFFECTS OF THE MEDICATION WERE KNOWN.

I have been a patient for 6 years now, reduced my prescription meds from oral diabetes, high blood pressure and pain to zero. Nada. Not a single pill for someone who, at one point, stupidly ate 36 advil caps a day for pain relief. Plus all the other pharma.

I am aware that someone advocating that it is all right to drive while on cannabis is likely to be considered the tinniest hat of em all. That's why I am ON ATS. It's where truth can be told and someone might hear. I repeat. ONCE THE EFFECTS ARE KNOWN -A Cannabis user can safely operate a motor vehicle.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Based on my experience with stoners, I'd say that's an accurate statement. It just is. Zone out, forget things, become stupid.

That's stereotypical BS I'm afraid.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
If all stoners are lazy, forgetful and stupid, then I guess all alcoholics are violent assholes who beat their wives.

Stupid generalisations are stupid.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Yet it's still dangerous. It also turns a lot of people dumb and useless.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

All that should be required is to show the parallels between the war on drugs and Prohibition. Show that literally EVERY reason that Prohibition was ended is occurring with the war on drugs, but on greater scales and numbers. Show that ending Prohibition clamped down on much of this.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ziplock9000
a reply to: theantediluvian

Yet it's still dangerous. It also turns a lot of people dumb and useless.

Got any stats on those claims there buddy? Or are you just in "parrot 1980's antidrug lies" mode?

Also, please enlighten me on how even if that stupid claim was true, why that makes marijuana dangerous.

PS: Most anti-drug rhetoric makes people dumb and useless.
edit on 27-2-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Jeez, you anti-cannabis bandwagoners could use a toke or two. It might just open your mind

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ziplock9000

Or alcohol , angry ,nasty ,violent, sick in the head.
1%

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join