It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Myths About Violent Extremism

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I think the funniest part is that everyone is fighting over a fictional character.

Maybe we should start battles over Disney characters.....at least they would be more interesting to watch.

The fact people fight so hard over a couple of books they believe in just amazes me in general. Those that believe THAT hard in something with no tangible proof are more likely delusional and have some serious issues.

Abolish religion altogether....would likely solve a LOT of the world's issues, though this is really just a utopian way of thinking.

Religion, in general, is one of the biggest worldwide killers of anything out there. Gotta love excuses though....seems like everyone needs one when it is time to kill.....why not a fictional book or few?

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Do you have X-ray goggles or something? How do you know who's behind those masks?

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Actually the OP doesn't say that at all. The OP says that the threat of Muslim terrorism exists, but it isn't nearly as bad as everyone pretends it is. Perhaps you missed this bit of the article in your race to dismiss the OP.

Instead, we should think small, in part because in the West the problem involves small numbers of potential terrorists: thousands, not millions. The focus should be on high-risk communities, both Muslim and non-Muslim. Prisons, for example, are breeders of terrorists, and ensuring that radicals do not dominate religious instruction behind bars and that there are programs (and intelligence agents) in place to stop terrorist recruitment is vital.

That clearly elaborates that Muslim terrorism IS a threat, it just isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Nor is it being handled properly. The article even gives a SOLUTION to the problem; but nah because the solution isn't violence and blood shed, it's all propaganda in your book.

It's funny how all the people in the thread calling the OP a propaganda piece have yet to produce statistics and studies of their own that show how this piece is propaganda. Every single one of them has just dismissed it offhand with the same inaccuracies pointed out in the OP or as in the case of the person I'm responding to here strawmans.
edit on 24-2-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It's funny how all the people in the thread calling the OP a propaganda piece have yet to produce statistics and studies of their own that show how this piece is propaganda.

Oh, you noticed that too?

It's okay, I can tell who read the OP and who didn't. I base my responses accordingly.

edit on 24-2-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
ignore because only half of my text seems to be posted.
edit on 24-2-2015 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join