It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Beef: Un-American and Contributes to Global-Warming

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
What the frack, they will not quit until we are all so malnourished.

I need the heme iron from beef. Beef and fish is about all the meat I really care for and I must eat it two-three times a week. I am anemic but as long as my diet is properly regulated (by me, not the government) I am fine.

One day soon only the 1% will be allowed real beef the rest of us will get the fake lab made crap without the proper nutrients. Then the real fighting will start.

To agree with a poster above "bring on the hot days" cause I would rather have my steak.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Such a bunch of boneheads......how can they spout this # with a straight face......
No wonder all the elected officials look and act like ^paid actors...They are!

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

I guess my question is, which industry or group of industrious individuals is not being targeted for destruction?

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

I've often felt that the American diet is one that needs to reduce it's meat intake. Growing up in a Missouri based family, dinner was a spotlight on meat...Beef, Pork, or Chicken, making up probably 60-70% of the meal. Besides that, the meal consisted of a staple vegetable (such as corn, peas, etc...I never had broccoli until I was 21 years old), and a starch which was almost always potatoes in one form or another.

Now, look at the average american. We do tend to be overweight in comparison to many other cultures. We also tend to be larger in more physically acceptable ways (stature, etc).

I believe that meat should be used as an ingredient among others. Not the spotlight hogger.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Yabba

Dabba

Doo

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
Yabba

Dabba

Doo

"Bee-Hee-Hee-Ho-Ho!"

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

Yes, but the obesity never used to be a problem until our physical activity was cut. But we also used to eat whole food that was cooked for us too.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

That is your opinion and I support whatever you decide to eat and put in your body. What you propose is not something I am interested in and none of your business (or that of the Government).
edit on 2015/2/23 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

That is your opinion and I support whatever you decide to eat and put in your body. What you propose is not something I am interested in and none of your business (or that of the Government).

At what point did I say anything about the idea that my thoughts were going to be enforced on anyone else?

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yes, but the obesity never used to be a problem until our physical activity was cut. But we also used to eat whole food that was cooked for us too.

I didn't say that everyone here was obese. What I meant was that it is a *potentially* negative side effect of our traditional diet as americans.

And yeah, we did eat better quality food compared to what we eat today. But, even with that said, I still feel that we focus(ed) way too much on a meat protein. All I suggest is a bit more of a balance.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Uh they do know that before cattle were brought to America there were millions of Bison roaming the Western US right? Plus tons of deer, antelope, and elk. They were all plains animals.

Perhaps with the feed lots there ends up being more pollution. IMHO What's really contributing to global warming in food related production is actually deforestation to grow crops and graze animals (such as in Brazil).

edit on 24-2-2015 by asmall89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: Indigo5
Strange how FOX didn't actually link the report they are throwing a tantrum about?

See here : health.gov...

As best I can tell the Beef Lobbyists are throwing a tizzy because the report just suggested we eat less beef, rather fish, veggies etc. It's an easy push back, pressing the culture-war button via Fox...

Obama trying to kill the Beef Industry!

The man famously loves his hamburgers...as do I...and when my wife suggests I eat more fish or veggies I don't call her a commie trying to kill the beef industry!

At some point this right wing nonsense just gets ridiculous.

Newsflash...Americans are fat and shouldn't make McDonald's a staple...and the USDA just suggesting the same doesn't make them Hitler.

But this whole thing shines a bright light on Obama's Marxist and communistic approach to everything. Everything you do should be approved by government first. I know, Whatever cock-a-maimy thing he and his fellow djinmates come up with and sneak into bills and legislation are just fine with you.

WTF??? This is delusional...It is a REPORT...JUST SUGGESTING THE USDA ADJUST THIER NUTRITIONAL GUIDELINES..??

When you perceive a simple advisory Report filed with the FDA suggesting changes to NUTRITIONAL GUIDELINES as equaling..."Bills and Legislation"...You have jumped the shark.

When you see NUTRITIONAL GUIDELINES...or more accurately, reports even JUST SUGGESTING changes to those GUIDELINES as "Marxist and Communistic"...You have an Obama-Hate delusion problem...

I can't even begin a discussion with that measure of delusion. There is no reality there.

that is when the USDA Nutritional Guidelines came out...

But I am sure that the Vampire Obama came up with the Communist idea back then 100 years ago.
edit on 24-2-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Our Canadian cattle industry put an ad in our rural weekly paper defending their industry. They state that cattle are raised on non-irrigated land unsuitable for crops. They contribute .04% of the total annual methane worldwide, and they are a good source of lean, low cholesterol,high iron meat. Using local meat does not contribute to rainforest destruction ect.

Interestingly the editor noted that all 1400 McDonalds in Canada uses Alberta beef. McDonadls, as well, has been showing ads dealing with rumors about their practices and invite you to visit their web page for answers. One such was adding ammonia to the hamburger.

They must be feeling rather picked on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join