It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Beef: Un-American and Contributes to Global-Warming

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

According to a June 2014 study in the journal Climatic Change, the average meat-eater in the United States is responsible for almost twice as much global warming as the average vegetarian and almost tripled that of the average vegan.

Dr. Richard Thorpe, a Texas physician and rancher, told FoxNews.com that he is disappointed in the panel’s recommendations and says it’s “absurd that you should include meat -or red meat – as an un-American diet.”

Obama is Trying to Kill Their Industry

-
OBSERVATION:

So, Beef-Eaters-n-Producers are the latest ... Boogey-People?

( and/or Fantasy-Land's ... 'As The Inverted-World Turns' )

edit on 23-2-2015 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

The industrie around meat creates a whole lot of polution, not americans per say, too bad fox needs to use anything to make obama the boogie man.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Operah got sued for murmuring way less than that. Lets see who gets sued now.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

The idea that people eating beef are causing global warming is even more ridiculous than the Idea that Obama loves America.
He needs to go on another vacation. And get Michelle some more servants. He is obviously so far gone mentally, along with his supporters that nothing short of a hose coming off the tailpipe of the White House Limo is going to cure him.
edit on 23-2-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Actually, Fox, although appearing to work against the left, is actually pushing Agenda 21. One of the basic tenets of that draconian Soylent Green nightmare is that people do not get to eat meat except on special occasions like their birthday or Christmas. The rest of the year, they don't get any.

Don't play the right and left dichotomy. All those creeps are working for the same End Game.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Im sorry to all those I share this planet with, but if its going to impact my beef....some of ya'll gotta go. I hear they are looking for volunteers to Mars. And Mars doesn't have any cows. Or global warming.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
This insanity proves beyond any doubt that man made global warming is a hoax.

bunch of desperate mem-brains

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Actually, I'm with the "bigfatfurrytexan".

You move a hand towards my steak, you'll be pulling back a stump.

Go vegan or suffer global warming?

Guess it's global warming!

The rest of you can have your tofu.

I'll sit back and watch.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Agree, but plenty buy it and now this is where we're at.

Global warming theory was destroyed recently , but this goes to prove, that whatever it is, it's not Carbon Dioxide that's creating the problem, it's Methane. Kill all Methane producing animals, those flatulent cows must be destroyed.

edit on 23/2/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Strange how FOX didn't actually link the report they are throwing a tantrum about?

See here : health.gov...

As best I can tell the Beef Lobbyists are throwing a tizzy because the report just suggested we eat less beef, rather fish, veggies etc. It's an easy push back, pressing the culture-war button via Fox...

Obama trying to kill the Beef Industry!

The man famously loves his hamburgers...as do I...and when my wife suggests I eat more fish or veggies I don't call her a commie trying to kill the beef industry!

At some point this right wing nonsense just gets ridiculous.

Newsflash...Americans are fat and shouldn't make McDonald's a staple...and the USDA just suggesting the same doesn't make them Hitler.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

And remember how many of us told you this stuff would start to come out as soon as they took control of our health care?

But let's completely ignore the damage to the environment and water table that overly intensive plant agriculture does.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
Strange how FOX didn't actually link the report they are throwing a tantrum about?

See here : health.gov...

As best I can tell the Beef Lobbyists are throwing a tizzy because the report just suggested we eat less beef, rather fish, veggies etc. It's an easy push back, pressing the culture-war button via Fox...

Obama trying to kill the Beef Industry!

The man famously loves his hamburgers...as do I...and when my wife suggests I eat more fish or veggies I don't call her a commie trying to kill the beef industry!

At some point this right wing nonsense just gets ridiculous.

Newsflash...Americans are fat and shouldn't make McDonald's a staple...and the USDA just suggesting the same doesn't make them Hitler.

But this whole thing shines a bright light on Obama's Marxist and communistic approach to everything. Everything you do should be approved by government first. I know, Whatever cock-a-maimy thing he and his fellow djinmates come up with and sneak into bills and legislation are just fine with you.

Do you get the urge whenever you want to do something to call the White House and check if it is a good thing to do first?

Just look at the condition of America and the rest of the world, and tell me that what you are eating for food should be something on the President's "to do" list, and then I will pay your taxes for you for life.
edit on 23-2-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Worrying about the farce called 'global warming' in un-American. Feds, keep your slimy hands out of my kitchen.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
You know when I EAT beans...the effect is FAR more ...environmentally ..impactful, that when I eat a steak.
edit on 23-2-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
This isn't correct logic. The cows fart because they are vegetarians. Now if you skip the cow, then that means the vegetarians eating all the grains and grasses will fart more than the meat eaters do and their farts cause global warming.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Termites are worse than cows

The most farting producing animals are termites. Next in line are the camels, than the Zebras, the sheep, the cows, the elephants, the dog (Labradors/Retrievers), the humans + Cowpea*.
*Cowpea is one of the most ancient crops known to man. Its origin and subsequent domestication is associated with pearl millet and sorghum in Africa. It is now a broadly adapted and highly variable crop, cultivated around the world primarily for seed, but also as a vegetable (for leafy greens, green pods, fresh shelled green peas, and shelled dried peas), a cover crop and for fodder.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Just give me steak and label me a terrorist or whatever then. I'm glad to see that others here think the same thing. In fact, if cows cause global warming, we need more of them. This has been one of the coldest winters I can remember.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Don't worry! They are working hard to save our beef by breeding fartless cows.

Preliminary findings suggest it can be done, according to a team of researchers from over a half-dozen countries. The team found that methane production, which primarily occurs through belching, was consistent in each animal. This finding should allow the team to breed animals that release methane at continually lower levels. If they can make it happen, the environment may very well benefit by curbing a major producer of greenhouse gases.

Somewhere, someone got a government grant for this ...

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Im sorry to all those I share this planet with, but if its going to impact my beef....some of ya'll gotta go.

originally posted by: beezzer
Go vegan or suffer global warming?

Guess it's global warming!

Grilled steaks are on me. So is the SPF 1,000,000.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Hmmm, I never have liked cold weather anyway. Where is my steak?

Besides, I have a cousin that is vegan, stay far away if she has gas...she'll clear a house out.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join