It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam IS a death Cult

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

This is more like the kind of response I had hoped my OP would stir and is witness to my claim in my OP on the division within the faith we are discussing...

I had hoped to see more of the Muslim Faith condem the actions of certain individuals within their shared faith in Islam and how a cult does not adhere to "norms"

And why in my title is was capitalized as IS as to portend to the radical acts of Muslim radicals who commit evil in the name of Islam and why It can be seen as a cult because of it...

I also admit that it is wrong to condem anything as a whole by the sum of it's parts and if any take a better look at my OP they would see how I was trying to be careful not to do so...

this is also an exercise to show just how unfair these kinds of threads are, I myself in all reality have no problem with any Muslim who does not seek the death of others for any reason let alone to do so in Gods name...

oddly enough though this seems to have eluded the vast majority...
edit on 24-2-2015 by 5StarOracle because: ...

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Religion is a cult

cult Also found in: Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia. cult (kŭlt) n.
1. a. A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader. b. The followers of such a religion or sect.
2. A system or community of religious worship and ritual.
3. The formal means of expressing religious reverence; religious ceremony and ritual.
4. A usually nonscientific method or regimen claimed by its originator to have exclusive or exceptional power in curing a particular disease.
5. a. Obsessive, especially faddish, devotion to or veneration for a person, principle, or thing. b. The object of such devotion.
6. An exclusive group of persons sharing an esoteric, usually artistic or intellectual interest.

Religion in my opinion just closes peoples minds,and worse allows people to act out in ways they would not without the backing of a god and their gods view ...which of course is interpreted by the one teaching....just look at jehovas witnesses and their "views" as an example ....

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Context.

Those Christians and Jews of 5:51 are the deceitful who wouldn't adhere to the treaties among the Faiths during the time of Muhammad.

It had nothing to do with all Christians and Jews.

Just some.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   

ISIS are beyond enemies of mankind...

& therefore warrant no love.

Yes of course I still speak to my family.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Charlie i think i know your answer before asking but i may be wrong . Three prophets so to speak , Abraham , Jesus . Muhammad . There are a lot of commonalities between the teachings . The idea of a hell or hellfire to name one . Is it possible or even remotely possible that they are all referring to the same god but that their teachings have got a little mixed up over time . Maybe they didn't quite interpret quite right . Just a thought .

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

The notion Islam presents is that each had different things to teach as well as the similarities.

Because they were dealing with different timelines and communities, each Prophet was unique in that sense...
So it may sometimes appear like they are speaking of different gods...

Their common ground was that everything they did was for the one God who created the Heavens and the Earth.

I guess some from each Faith would disagree for different reasons...

A Christian may say no because neither Jews or Muslims worship Jesus...
A Jew may say that Jesus & Muhammad were not Prophets in their eyes...
& a Muslim would point to Trinitarianism as Idolatry and that the quest for Greater Israel has caused Jews to stray from God's plan...

What we still have in common is the belief in the Day of Judgement...
That is when this question will be answered.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   

What we still have in common is the belief in the Day of Judgement...
That is when this question will be answered.

I guess we will all die trying to find out .

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
A Christian may say no because neither Jews or Muslims worship Jesus...
A Jew may say that Jesus & Muhammad were not Prophets in their eyes...
& a Muslim would point to Trinitarianism as Idolatry and that the quest for Greater Israel has caused Jews to stray from God's plan...

* Jesus would saith that we must not worship Him. Just hear His Good News.
* Any man, or indeed woman, whom speaks true Gospel, is indeed a Prophet.
* Trinitarianism is not idolatry; worshipping Jesus is. Judaism has a point here.
* The Holy Trinity is considered blasphemy in Islam because there is only Allah.
* In Islam; true Prophets are not the incarnation of Allah, rather His messengers.

Oracle; the capitalisation of "is" was clearly designed to force the idea which the title was implying; that Islam is a "death cult". Definitions of "cult" and "religion" may be interchangeable in places, but; religion is an interpretation whereas a cult performs rituals, be they benevolent or sadistic. Where the doctrine of a religion or cult is enforced, that is governance. Doctrine may not always be true Gospel and there is plenty of legislation in place which serves only to control the masses. As an example, exorcism is a ritual which is designed to purge evil from one's soul. Baptism can also be regarded as a ritual. In any case, sacrifice is evil no matter how it is applied and whatever the subject may be (even if it's a lamb). What is for sure is that God does not smile upon us when His children are slain before Him, and anybody with the Spirit in their heart will know that very well.

I can tell you one thing which Islam has right...there is only one God.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

Aside from the problems which the Earth is going thru weather wise, all the war hate problems with the economy the price of oil can all be attributed to such...

You can spin it on the U.S. government or what have you but that would remain you're opinion...

I am curious as to what you percieve as the biggest problems we are facing?

the fact is until everyone learns to get along and be tolerate one another to even try and percieve through empathy what remains true for others for what ever reason...

things such as world hunger and greed will never be changed...

Islam can solve world hunger, and greed. And many other problems, who is saying Islam is causing problems???

ETA: Islam also promotes the idea of getting along with everyone... I really don't see the issue here. Can people start quoting verses please.
edit on 24-2-2015 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: VigiliaProcuratio

I can tell you one thing which Islam has right...there is only one God.

And I can tell you one thing that is right, you haven't read the Quran, fully.
edit on 24-2-2015 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: ATF1886
The catholic church is not christianity by far pagan worship of saints and idols ....

No. The Catholic church is 1/2 of Christianity. (And they don't worship saints and idols.) Whatever the Catholic Church or the different protestant denominations have done in history, all counts as Christian history.

All religions are cults by definition. All of the Abrahamic religions are guilty of mass murder and butchery. Judaism? Look at Joshua. Christianity? Look at the Inquisitions. Islam? It was spread at the point of a sword. All of the Abrahamic religions are guilty of destroying people and cultures as they violently spread.

There was a question as to what causes all the worlds problems. That's easy. Indoctrination. Political, religious, and cultural indoctrinations. Refusal to see what is wrong with your favorite political party or with your religion. People need to evolve. Christianity is evolving. The inquisitions and crusades died off a long while ago, but there are pockets that are still dragging their feet. Judaism? Are there any modern day Joshua's running around butchering entire cities? Opinions vary on that. Islam? Is it evolved, or do they still defend their sharia laws of stoning people to death and having women not have equal legal rights in a court of law, etc?

All religions are cults by definition and, IMHO, indoctrination is the root of evil on the planet.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 2/24/2015 by FlyersFan because: mod tag

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
i cannot possibly see how anyone can think for a second that islam is a religion of peace

"#1 approx 10,000 people life lost due deadly terror attacks committed explicitly in the name of Islam in just the last ten years. (Other religions combined for perhaps a dozen or so).
#2 Muhammad, the prophet of Islam, had people killed for insulting him or for criticizing his religion. This included women. Muslims are told to emulate the example of Muhammad.
Muhammad said in many places that he has been "ordered by Allah to fight men until they testify that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad is his messenger." In the last nine years of his life, he ordered no less than 65 military campaigns to do exactly that.

Muhammad inspired his men to war with the basest of motives, using captured loot, sex and a gluttonous paradise as incentives. He beheaded captives, enslaved children and raped women captured in battle. Again, Muslims are told to emulate the example of Muhammad."

A LOT of this i researched and found to be pretty accurate. now here is the real kicker you apologists who say about how nato killed millions. maybe thats true but the Islamic extremists struck first. (April 18, 1983 – The April 1983 U.S. Embassy bombing, Beirut, Lebanon by the Islamic Jihad Organization. 63 dead, 120 injured.) that was 7 years before we entered iraq .
now statistically speaking, if you look at places where islam has been the dominant religion for a couple century's. there is a high concentration of conflict in that area. but my opinion is set on all religions anyway. load of bollocks to fool gullible people who are afraid

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

Is this just a tit-for-tat over this thread: Christianity is a death cult

If so, your premise is all wrong, and all your doing is another wash-rinse-repeat of Islamophobia.

Islamophobia would be a fear of Islam. I don't think anyone is afraid of Islam. We have just realized that it breeds hate, intolerance, murder and terrorism. As we have learned, something bad for us should be eliminated. While I don't agree with some of these, they include smoking, soda, fatty foods, etc. If we are eliminating soda because it makes us unhealthy...maybe we need to eliminate Islam to keep us safe.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Islam can solve world hunger, and greed. And many other problems, who is saying Islam is causing problems???

WHAT? Did I miss something? How can Islam solve world hunger? By destroying anyone who isn't Muslim? Not the solution I'm hoping for.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101
And I can tell you one thing that is right, you haven't read the Quran, fully.

I don't think I've even seen one before. In any case, I was under the distinct impression that in Islam, there is only Allah. If the Quran says otherwise then I must be mistaken.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The inquisitions and crusades died off a long while ago

I have to disagree. If the ongoing situation in the Middle East isn't a crusade then I honestly don't know what it is. As for an inquisition, and I'm using the term generically; I'm sure there will be plenty of examples across the world of systematic persecution in response to religious dissent.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I just want to put this out there; say Muhammed was to return on this day, then who are we to judge any sins which he may or not have committed in his previous life? If Allah were to be so graceful to allow a man to live once again, then who are we to contest that? And if indeed Muhammed were to stand before us all and say, "By the authority of Allah, this genocide will stop!", then I shall pray for his protection in knowing that he will be blessed by Allah to honour his sword. These atrocities being perpetrated by men of all backgrounds do not have Allah in their hearts, but have instead permitted our most unholy foe to control their bodies and minds.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Even worse, they are BAAL worshipers. BAAL worship started in Egypt, Who the Jews were really trying to flee from when God told them to boogie their butts up to the land they named Israel. Before some atheist tries to deny the existence of ancient Israel you better see the ancient stone where the Egyptian Pharaoh pulled a Saddam and claims he beat Israel in battle some few hundred years after the Exodus.

Its written in stone and now in the main museum in Egypt. The Jews were the only ones to call that land Israel and if they were not there in ancient times then how did he know he was concurring Israel?? He was trying to make himself look good after God had destroyed the Egyptian army during the exodus when the previous Pharaoh had been made to look like a fool. His army never beat Israel but he claimed too when in fact his army never even challenged Israel.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Biblical giants worshiped the same Baal and built his Temple in what is now Baalbek Lebanon. Anyone with a brain for engineering can obviously see no man could possibly build this Temple no matter if they had today's cranes or not.

Baal is the moon god and that is why there is a Crescent moon over every Mosque today and the red crescent is the main symbol of many Arab nations, not to mention its their red cross mock health service.

Allah is Baal.

www.google.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

Wow I really hope you are being sarcastic. They do not even take care of their own people and you expect them to feed the world? Do they plan on feeding us Dates and Lamb after they nuke half the world in 2060? lol. That is probably the most ignorant thing I have heard in a long time if your not trying to be funny.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

I believe this is what is literally carved in stone from our ancient past...

What's more I think just such artifacts do hold great truths...
the significance is this "The truth is written in stone" adopted by those who love to keep secrets whom hold much power, but more significantly because Gods own finger carved the 10 commandments...

but also because the Old Testament and the book of Enoch did not make half us much sense to me before learning of some of these teachings carved in stone which hold the same truths and can provide the missing pieces of the puzzle so to speak...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join