It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Islam IS a death Cult

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:29 PM

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

And if my friends do end up already knowing you, then they will elevate your status...

And now you resort to personal threats.
You don't know when to stop, do you?
Geez, and you call Islam a cult.
edit on 25-2-2015 by VigiliaProcuratio because:  

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:37 PM
a reply to: VigiliaProcuratio

according to many here every religion is a cult...

I'm not a religion...

Don't feel so bad my religion was attacked the exact same way...

I didn't like it either, I am unsure if you read my OP or not either...

Nor did you most likely read through the whole thread as I discussed this being wrong to do to judge something in whole by the sum of its parts...

edit on 25-2-2015 by 5StarOracle because: ....

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:49 PM
a reply to: 5StarOracle

I was remarking on your suggestion of telling your friends about me, kinda sounds like cultism.

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
all your doing is another wash-rinse-repeat of Islamophobia.

I mean, c'mon...even the owner had to say something.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:07 PM

Nor did I or do I now deny that fact...

when I have also openly remarked in this thread how I also did this to prove how this is wrong hurtful and does little more then incite hate...
edit on 25-2-2015 by 5StarOracle because: ...

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:19 PM

as for the Owner having to say something I think he felt he had to, and for more than the obvious reason as simple as my words... make no mistake about it people have genuine concerns and fears when it comes to this subject matter...
So I understand his need to separate himself from this thread...
And why he moved my thread to this forum even if he did not admit it when I messaged him about it...
I'm sure he would like it gone...

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:20 PM
The topic title is rather inflammatory and I'll bet that it caught his attention very quickly. Whatever you're trying to prove, and I really have no idea what that is, the impression is that you seem to have a very serious problem with Islam. I don't think you've made much sense at all to anybody in this thread. You also get way too personal with people and that is not acceptable. In other words, there is a fine line and you've crossed several times. If you keep on doing this then there is clearly a bigger problem.

I know I'm knew to this place but I can see already that I could easily waltz in to a conversation I didn't want to have...that's fine, and maybe that makes ATS rather unique. If this were any other subject, aside of the welfare of women and children, I'd be nowhere near as opinionated.

I'm just being honest here, I really do hope that you understand my sentiment.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:35 PM

I'm curious do you view the title Christianity is a death cult in the same way?

when I am attacked on personal level I tend to respond in like fashion...

discussing religion with others of conflicting faiths moves me to anger more often than not... I don't think I'm abnormal for it it's rather evident in others including yourself don't you agree?

I find some things in Islam good but I can't say as a whole... And I do like the sound of Muslims being called to prayer...

As far as crossing lines... Believe me I have been as careful as possible because I just got off a ban, while attempting to cause people to speak their minds and for more than one purpose...

edit on 25-2-2015 by 5StarOracle because: Add

edit on 25-2-2015 by 5StarOracle because: Mistakes were made

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:29 AM
I didn't even notice that thread until a short while ago. I haven't read it, so it's just a title. It's equally as insulting though because Christianity is a religion which does not support slaughter or sacrifice. At least I would have absolutely no association whatsoever with anything which would be a real "death cult".

I see religion as a foundation for society where it has logical doctrine. A cult might be invite-only and that could never apply to religion. A cult might also have an affinity to rituals and some might be satanic in nature, which would be counter to religion. So yeah, I see a clear distinction between the two.

I'm a Christian, but this thread is about Islam. We could suppose that each and every religion in existence has problems, although I honestly don't care to sit here picking out negatives because I'm trying very hard right now to focus on the good things. I know little about Islam so far as the doctrine is concerned but let me tell this; I have lived within sizeable Muslim communities in England and I have never had a problem. Not once has a Muslim caused me any grief and that tells me a great deal.

On another note, innocent people in the Middle East are systematically being targeted for reasons which are not of their doing, and it has nothing at all to do with religion. I wholeheartedly sympathise with those whom are truly faithful to Allah.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 01:04 AM
OK so now I hope it is you who will now see things more clearly...

would you not agree ISIS is a death cult?

they are muslims and they seem to go against the norms of you're neighbours who too are Muslims you described... this fact is what in my mind would be an adequate portrayal of a cult, and we all know they are all about death...

this is why I capitalized is as IS in my title... for I found the title and the premise Christianity is a death cult rather disturbing I wanted to portray a cult accurately...

oddly enough one of the owners of ATS praised the thread Christianity is a death cult as a scholarly effort and even seems to subscribe to the premise that Christians are cannibals...
edit on 26-2-2015 by 5StarOracle because: Fix

edit on 26-2-2015 by 5StarOracle because: ....

I Also believe... I have now successfully put you in your place... And that I'm not the fool you were so quick to judge me to be...didn't you know only fools rush in?
don't take me the wrong way, I still find you interesting...
edit on 26-2-2015 by 5StarOracle because: Add

edit on 26-2-2015 by 5StarOracle because: Fix

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:15 AM

You cannot label a group of extremists under a faith that you have little understanding about. It is incredibly naive of you to take ISIS as Muslims just because they label themselves as the Islamic State.

What many posters here, including myself, have been trying to do, is to educate you on what defines a Muslim. And seeing as you do not understand the definitions, you cannot label who is, and who is not a Muslim. That is ignorance.

ISIS is a death cult, because they completely go against the norm of Islam by killing innocents... I mean this is incredibly obvious it is beyond belief that you do not take the time to comprehend that fact.

a cult is a religious or social group with socially deviant or novel beliefs and practices.

That is exactly ISIS, and they are not Muslims. They are also correctly labelled as a cult because they have such a small following in comparison to the followers of Islam.

The only real issue I see here is that you are unwilling to accept the killing of others under any condition, whatever the reason. Islam is against killing others too:

One Murder is Equal to the Killing the Whole of Humanity

“Whoever slays a soul, unless it be for a manslaughter or for mischief in the land, it is as though he slew all men; and whoever keeps it alive, it is as though he kept alive all men.” (Surah al-Mā’ida 5:32)

All the believers are sons of Adam (a.s.) and brothers to one another. One who kills another person perpetrates a great evil and instigates a feeling of malice, revenge and hatred among people.

Suicide is Murder

“....and do not kill ourselves; surely Allah is Merciful to you. And whoever does this aggressively and unjustly, We will soon cast him into Fire; and this is easy for Allah.” (Surah an-Nisā’ 4:29-30)

But there are rare exceptions when it is needed for defense, as a last resort or to prevent further killing and murder. It is an issue that is a more complicated than meets the eye — if you want to start a thread on that issue go ahead, both sides can present their logic, based on Quranic interpretations.

But do not label the actions of extremists as Islamic behavior when you do not fully understand the true Islamic behavior prescribed in the Quran .

Go and read the Quran back to back with the correct translations and English interpretations. Educate yourself on the correct practices of a Muslim as prescribed by the Quran. You cannot just read verses out of context, and contend them. We need to break down the logic of the teachings.

Only then will you have any credibility to put forward any more of your opinions.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:39 AM

I wouldn't describe them as a cult, rather an army. They're certainly obsessed with killing innocent people, but whatever their ultimate goal is I doubt very much that Islam is their foremost concern.

Don't even get me started on cannibalism. It has absolutely no place in this world, with or without religion.

Seriously mate, this isn't a battle of wits here. Yes, I rushed in and harshly criticised you but I believe I was well within my rights to do so. I wasn't judging you, that is not for me to do. Anyway, at least you're more civil and make much more sense than before.

(post by MstWntd removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 07:37 AM

Here you try to be clever and take only what you felt you needed to paint me in a different light and so all you include to quote me is this...

Your statement shows hints of delusion.. I quoted everything you said except for the very first line which was some noise on divided kingdoms.. and honestly i paint with the colours that are given to me..

the mind set of those who are of the Islam faith who perpetrate these blasphemous acts in the name of God seek the Death of all non believers and those who will not answer their call...

Call to what? These guys are EXACTLY the same as the right wing republicans of USA.. they denounce science, they bash women rights, they call for attacks on peaceful people/countries.. it is ideologically misleading to call one by his faith and the other by his profession..

When I was speaking about Muslim extremists... Is this how you choose to portray yourself as the epitome of Peace?

The above is lacking in coherence, but to address "Muslim extremists".. its just a buzzword.. which the masses as sheep feed in to.. in reality there's no "extremists" in religion.. they are those that practice it.. and then people that commit murder (called murderers not 'end of life extremists'), people that oppress others with their opinions (bigots, racists, even terrorists not 'restriction/ideology extremists').. This whole muslim or christian "extremist" is as mask and imho very agenda driven and leading..

is your level of comprehension that lacking that you believe what I said was anything like you suggest?

Its not my level of comprehension in question.. it is what you said that we are questioning.. which is laced with bigotry and ill informed opinions.. with no hint of factual backing..

You asked me if this sounds like a death culty thing...

Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land – it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one – it is as if he had saved mankind entirely. And our messengers had certainly come to them with clear proofs. Then indeed many of them, [even] after that, throughout the land, were transgressors.

my answer is this yea it kind of does, for it goes so far as to mention when it is ok to kill...

In the USA if you are convicted of killing someone.. you will be killed.. if you take national secretes and sell them to china (for example, im sure UK would buy them too) you will be killed for treason.. This verse is A) no different than law in most countries and B) providing justice in and a moral grounding for when to kill.. C) providing killing as cure.. as does the law in USA and other western countries.. D) BUT at the same time it shows that if anyone is killed for any other reason then it is as if all humanity died with that one person.. and that if saving one soul is as if the whole of humanity is saved

For you say it is even remotely leaning toward as a death cult stance is pretty narrow minded, entirely unfounded and a clear example of either your inability to read rationally or eagerness to tar Islam with your own hateful opinions.. please correct me if im wrong..

You say...

Forget you..even a Muslim refrains from commenting on the faith another Muslim.. those that do have clear cut indicators as to why they do such a thing.. for example ISIS and its members are not Muslim.. because they are killing innocents..

truly ISIS are Muslims who say you would be the one who is not Muslim for not aligning with them... what's more you are proof of my claim in my OP of the division within Islam... Also in their eyes they are not killing innocents...

This is beyond the pale of rationality.. I gave you the numbers.. forget just ISIS.. the entire "extremist terrorist" muslim crowd is about 0.001% of the muslim population.. for them to say the other 99.999% are wrong is stupid.. but even more so stupid is for you to give them credibility.. at this point it is very hard for me to acknowledge that I am engaged in a logical discussion..

if you ask me its you who are too stupid to realize you agree with what I said... And you're wish to appear wise was lost on me cause I'm not seeing it...Because of your ill will and you're floundering willful attempts to mislead with you're hate on... Well according to your description of a Muslim I would have to conclude you are not one of them...

Please proof read before posting. First and foremost.. you have clearly shown you are in no position whatsoever to comment on the intellectual standing of another, let alone determine their motive.. also there is a lot of projection going on from you.. You clearly started this thread to just bash Islam.. you didnt provide any evidence.. you took your biases and your ill informed opinions and peddled them in an attempt to discredit the religion of nearly 2 billion people.. by all standards you should be ashamed instead you're replying to me as if you have any truth to hold to.. poor show my friend..

edit on 26-2-2015 by MstWntd because: (no reason given)

edit on 26/2/15 by masqua because: removed OT comment

(post by 5StarOracle removed for a manners violation)
(post by MstWntd removed for a manners violation)
(post by 5StarOracle removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:22 AM

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:30 AM

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:27 PM
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

no, they suck....(pun intended)...

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:48 PM
You want to know what Islam REALLY is? Here it is:

The following is adapted from Dr. Peter Hammond’s book: Slavery, Terrorism and Islam: The Historical Roots and Contemporary Threat:

Islam is not a religion nor is it a cult. It is a complete system.

Islam has religious, legal, political, economic and military components. The religious component is a beard for all the other components.

Islamization occurs when there are sufficient Muslims in a country to agitate for their so-called ‘religious rights.’

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Sat Feb 28 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed HUGE quote

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>