It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some are Aliens everywhere

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
My observations are this:
People are incredibly superficial. The way they look at you immediately determines what they will think of you.
And so far I noticed, beautiful and intelligent young woman and slightly androgynous, intelligent guys are the one group suffering the most in our society.
From men they're seen as sex-objects, which don't function right, because usually the classic male, doesn't like someone who questions his superiority in all regards.
From women they can't expect any sister-support because they got it all, right? Looking good, smart and sometimes funny, why should anyone show some sympathy?

I know you could put more on that list, please feel free to do so.
I just felt the urge to spit it out quickly, because it was a "hit me in the face" moment.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I agree somewhat that people who are perceived to "have it all" will have a harder time getting support from a peer group however...

-What about the elderly in care facilities who are routinely neglected?
-Autistic kids (potentially forever misunderstood)?
-Parents of autistic/handicapped kids who don't have social support?
-Single parents (genuinely single) who can't ever afford a babysitter to get a break?
-Accident victims, and I mean years later not when there is immediate fresh interest?
-Handicapped adults, mentally and physically? (I know this for a fact as I look after a handicapped man... though I like him, it's ultimately a job and I get paid to be his tolerant friend, when in reality I'd much prefer to be with my kids)

And the list could go on forever.

Boo hoo, all you hot, sexy, young, intelligent, funny kids.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Can you give details of your 'moment' what incident made you want to write this?

No offense but your being very grey

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

The elderly werent like that all their lifes.
Point for you autistic kids
Parents of them not
Single parents, well it is kind of their own fault, isn't it? That's what mother nature invented love for, to make sure the baby grows up in a safe environment, so...
Accident victims, depends on the accident i guess. I had an accident once, can't say I am disfigured
Handicapped people in general, yes, the xenophobic problem.

And that:

Boo hoo, all you hot, sexy, young, intelligent, funny kids.

proves my point. Thanks.

a reply to: Phatdamage
For example, there was a girl at school, very beautiful, blonde and smart and interested in fotography, she just had a little bit bigger nose, than some of the other girls. The guys all happily tried to get closer, when she was drunk, there was always someone offering to "bring her home", if you catch my drift?
She had a "fan cirlce" of girls imitating her, but behind her back, it wasn't so nice. And the worst of all she got thinner and thinner and people kept talking about her, instead of, you know just stepping in and huging her, or something.
Just one example.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Is this another further education project? If so your reading the wrong parts from the wrong books. Assumptions, assumptions.

You said it,
"My observations are this:
People are incredibly superficial. The way they look at you immediately determines what they will think of you."
That's an assumption, when you don't say how your "observations" lead you to that assumption. There are however, plenty of books on Psychology that already state 'your' observation's. Many of those will have the word, 'instinct' as something related. However like all good Psychology, there will likely be a disclaimer somewhere saying that instinct is not necessarily always correct.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Is this another further education project? If so your reading the wrong parts from the wrong books. Assumptions, assumptions.

Is this how it comes across to you? So terribly sorry, I don't want to educate anyone, I am busy finding out what's what for me and just share and see what others have to contribute.
So whatever you know on topic, I want to learn.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I think you've got it all wrong, and everyone suffers in their own way. Attractive people have their own problems, but certainly fare better than fat/ugly/otherwise unattractive people.

I learned a lot from a really attractive relationship I had, told me all about the troubles of trying to find someone who genuinely likes them for who they are, trying to make friends without the person getting upset that they dont want a relationship (happens all the time with attractive people), having friends do "favours" but expecting something in return... not to mention all the sexual harrassment (happened to me a ton at work, but im laid-back... not everyone can stand it)

But yeah physical appearance always has and always will be a primary deciding factor in who succeeds and mates, but its laughable to say that attractive people have it worse than others for lack of sympathy.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I've seen below average to average get with some pretty hot girls before, meanwhile being gifted in the looks department only just a bonus when it comes to pea-cocking. And hell, I've heard stories of women seeing old boyfriends whom are losers in the money department, while they still are seeing some-other guy who have financial security.

Now the problem with women and other women is that, women are incredibly territorial when it comes looks. Put two hot women together and you might get see a nipple during the cat fight. lol.
Also, the hotter the women, the more mentally unstable they are, so usually I will never go past 8/10 because of that. I couldn't put with dumb crap they like to bring with them no matter how hot they are.

It a trade off really, you could be physically superior and beautiful, but probably won't know a thing about game to remain interesting. Or they could be incredibly intelligent but lack social skills, unlike the average joes whose been rejected enough time for the odds to kick in his favor.

Its a viscous cycle for everyone.
edit on 24-2-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

Also, the hotter the women, the more mentally unstable they are, so usually I will never go past 8/10 because of that. I couldn't put with dumb crap they like bring with them.

Its a viscous cycle for everyone.

Yeah but why is it that is the question and I am mostly talking smart, not crazy, but all your answers here just confirms my bias, if you're pretty and smart, you have no team at all. People are just jealous, try to control you and mothers try to project their # on you... The loneliest people ever, that's why they maybe are so insecure, they just really don't get how they never get seen for more than the obvious. "Nobody knows me, nobody likes me..." that's pretty common amongst those you and me would say "have it all".
So i like to claim it is learned mental instability and goes for both sexes in that situation.
Just picked this example, I could open a fad people threat and talk about me a bit... Everybody has his/her/it's issues and unhappy spots. But that was just screaming in my face yesterday.
edit on -06:00America/ChicagoAmerica/ChicagopTuesdayAmerica/Chicago by Peeple because: where's my spelling bee?

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I think it mainly just depends on the attitude that one presents to others, and sure your gonna have people that have nothing better to do with their time then talk about others. Problem with them is that they never look past themselves to improve, but this can be a blessing for someone whose an underdog.

Thing is, good things don't last forever, and whether those people were taught with some form of discipline to hold on, go beyond and not lose will be the deciding factor. It like those who never look past their high school days, and still brag about being a football player winning a championship like Al Bundy, yet they won't have any good mid-life memories, but will be jealous of those who study hours on end who might be their bosses later in life.

High school bias.

For all I know, their could be statistics about crap like this. Its like girls who have been rejected in high school because they had braces,weight, or couldn't have the money to pay for makeup will usually look so different in their adult life you wouldn't recognize them, you'd think they reincarnated or something.

While those beauty queens probably will look queens of the dead from snorting to much coc aine, and expect people to feel sorry for them later in life, which I kind of do and don't since they are so SMART.

Its all karma to me, just people don't try or put in the work to go beyond limitations.
edit on 24-2-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

To sum it up, using that old ironic/karmic Christian saying...

"Judge not, less ye be Judged"

top topics

join