It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinian Authority fined $218m by U.S Court for attacks in Israel over 10 years ago

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The fine has been levied by the court after a case was brought by the families of victims of the attacks who were American citizens , it relates to the second Palestinian intifada which took place between 2002 and 2004 killing 33 people and wounding hundreds more.

The Palestinian groups expressed dismay at the court's decision and vowed they would appeal.

I share their dismay.

The Israeli government has denied any official involvement in the lawsuit

Unofficially I think it likely they were involved.

But defence lawyer Mark Rochon told jurors that the PA and PLO did not have knowledge of the attacks before they took place.

And he said the organisations could not be held liable for the actions of suicide bombers and gunmen, whom he argued acted alone.

The victims had requested more than $350m. The US Anti-Terrorism Act could yet allow for the fine to be tripled.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Mad World.

edit on 23-2-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Talk about pouring salt on a wound…

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Confusing to say the least.

How does Palestine fall under the jurisdiction of a U.S Court?

& does this mean Iraq can sue the U.S Government for the actions of these men;

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Because as far as we & Iraq know, these freaks were working on behalf of the United States!
edit on 23-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

That was my reaction when I read the story mate , the U.S courts work in mysterious ways.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex
on the other hand... the murder of U.S. heroine Rachel Corrie by the Israeli military had a different outcome

The Israeli Supreme Court on Thursday (13 / 02 /2015) rejected an appeal by the family of Corrie, exonerating the military of all wrongdoing. The family had challenged a lower court's controversial 2012 ruling.

The family of murdered US activist Rachel Corrie has condemned Israel’s Supreme Court for not holding the military accountable for her death.

source
ATS story: Rachel Corrie's Parents Call for Justice in Palestine on 10th Anniversary of Death
it makes you go..humm..

edit on 23/2/2015 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

How does Palestine fall under the jurisdiction of a U.S Court?

& does this mean Iraq can sue the U.S Government for the actions of these men;

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Because as far as we & Iraq know, these freaks were working on behalf of the United States!

Exactly my thoughts.

They have authority why,

Id tell the US courts to # off and mind there own buisness.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Why are American taxpayer dollars being spent on a case over something that happened in another country. The judge should be removed from the bench for even hearing this case. Well look at it this way now Israel will say they have a legitimate reason to keep the tax refunds they stole from the Palestinians.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2
on the other hand... the murder of U.S. heroine Rachel Corrie by the Israeli military had a different outcome

The Israeli Supreme Court on Thursday (13 / 02 /2015) rejected an appeal by the family of Corrie, exonerating the military of all wrongdoing. The family had challenged a lower court's controversial 2012 ruling.

The family of murdered US activist Rachel Corrie has condemned Israel’s Supreme Court for not holding the military accountable for her death.

source
ATS story: Rachel Corrie's Parents Call for Justice in Palestine on 10th Anniversary of Death
it makes you go..humm..

People will just say it wasn't their fault because she was too stupid to get out of the way of the bulldozer. Remember it's never Israels fault when they murder innocent people it's always the victims fault.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
and it's definitely never EVER the Palestinians' fault for ANYTHING. they ALWAYS tell the truth lol.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
AIPAC did a great Job.

Might as well rename Washington to Tel Avishington.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Excuse me but I have to ask - have I just awoken in a parallel universe where you can't make this bat-ship crazy stuff up is the norm????

OK, since that is the precedent set, then the US government should be fined $218,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.00 for killing a lot more than 33 humans when they, based on a trumped-up lie, illegally invaded the sovereign nation of Iraq in 2003 - against the wishes of the international community.

and don't get me started on that little zionist war-pig of a nation which kills Palestinians for a living.

Are the Palestinian people to be singled out for a reason?

Un-truckin-believeable.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Perhaps the families of those four kids that Israel murdered that was playing on the beach should come to America and sue Israel over that. Also the families of the over thousand that Israel murdered in the last "war" should also sue Israel.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: f4rwest
and it's definitely never EVER the Palestinians' fault for ANYTHING. they ALWAYS tell the truth lol.

Perhaps you overlooked that this lawsuit is about something that never happened in America? American courts have no jurisdiction nor do they have the right to tell another nation to pay anyone anything.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Perhaps the families of those four kids that Israel murdered that was playing on the beach should come to America and sue Israel over that. Also the families of the over thousand that Israel murdered in the last "war" should also sue Israel.

Remember, Israel only kills terrorists and are so peaceful they would never hurt a fly. A true democratic country.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

about U.S taxpayer money, for Israel, it was news for me that:

In December, American lawmakers passed a bill to deepen Washington's bonds with Tel Aviv, making Israel a "major strategic partner" of the United States.

The US House of Representatives approved the US-Israel Strategic Partnership Act of 2014, which reflects "the sense of Congress that Israel is a major strategic partner of the United States," and declares Washington's "unwavering support" for Israel.

the above are the bottom lines of the aid from the U.S. to arm Israel with more 14 F-35 stealth fighters jets in a three-billion-dollar agreement signed between Washington and Tel Aviv over the weekend, that includes also other technological and training elements in the military package.
source

edit on 23/2/2015 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Are the Palestinian people to be singled out for a reason?

Probably because they're illegally occupying Israeli land.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777

Remember, Israel only kills terrorists and are so peaceful they would never hurt a fly. A true democratic country.

At least Israel was able to seal the deal before these kids were able to build nukes for Hamas. Everyone knows that every Palestinian is a graduate from MacGyver university.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777

At least Israel was able to seal the deal before these kids were able to build nukes for Hamas. Everyone knows that every Palestinian is a graduate from MacGyver university.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
And we the people of earth, that make up the 99%, are going to sit back and watch more unrighteousness unfold before our eyes..

I love you Palestine, for what you have endured and went through the past century, to present day..

They say karma is a bitch, I wonder what comes back around for the bullies and liars?

FREE PALESTINE NOW!

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: f4rwest

Perhaps you overlooked that this lawsuit is about something that never happened in America? American courts have no jurisdiction nor do they have the right to tell another nation to pay anyone anything.

Unless they are funding and equipping Israel to have a stronghold in the middle east for WW3.

It's obvious to me that all this bullsnip going on, and America occupying the middle east - is because ME will be a major geographical place to control after the surrounding countries are leveled.

Israel is America's tool for WW3, IMO. They train together, they fund each other, they seem married.

Has the American people agreed to this Tight relationship? I don't think so, why would they? The relationship only serves as a tool for strategic plans in the upcoming chaos..

Wait and see I guess...
edit on 23-2-2015 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join