It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The rich really -are- as bad as you think.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Read sarcasm and/or irony into 99% of the things I say.

Dont tell me the 1% is the awkward bit between the words.
How d you do -[ SHAKES HAND ]

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: KaDeCo

The owner of the company I work for is a very wealthy man. During a meeting he asked for ideas and one of the workers asked if wages could be raised to keep in check with inflation........The rant that followed really opened my eyes.

He basically said we were all idiots because we take out car loans and pay interest. He said we should just buy our cars with cash. He used the example of buying a 30,000 dollar Lexus and just paying for it in cash......This arrogant stupid rich idiot. The average worker in my shop makes 40-50 a year. This is how far out of touch these people really are. His silver spoon equally as arrogant son runs the company now. They are hyping up how many jobs they are creating problem is they are all under 15 dollar an hour jobs. The higher paying jobs are in decline they have not hired anyone making over 15 dollars an hour in 4 years.
edit on 3-3-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth
a reply to: KaDeCo

The owner of the company I work for is a very wealthy man. During a meeting he asked for ideas and one of the workers asked if wages could be raised to keep in check with inflation........The rant that followed really opened my eyes.

He basically said we were all idiots because we take out car loans and pay interest. He said we should just buy our cars with cash. He used the example of buying a 30,000 dollar Lexus and just paying for it in cash......This arrogant stupid rich idiot. The average worker in my shop makes 40-50 a year. This is how far out of touch these people really are. His silver spoon equally as arrogant son runs the company now. They are hyping up how many jobs they are creating problem is they are all under 15 dollar an hour jobs. The higher paying jobs are in decline they have not hired anyone making over 15 dollars an hour in 4 years.

Gawd, I pray for the end of our society &/or world.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

He basically said we were all idiots

Well clearly hes doing you a favour.
Hope you remembered to tug your fore lock.
You ungrateful wretch.
Next time ASK before considering a purchase ..and have his photo in your wallet at all times...
and to be on the safe side name your next born after him...

You have to laugh or it will eat you

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Ignore it.. create a new reality

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Well he's right; pay your car in cash (except your house but everything else never on debt with interest), of course you don't have to buy a car costing that much but just as much as you can/want to afford and also buy a car that's fuel efficient and keep it's worth. Also don't buy cars brand new but just like 1-2 years old.
Buying anything on loans just cost your more money in the end.

That said it's still of course a bit weird answer of him for that question.
edit on 3-3-2015 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Borisbanger

Ignore it.. create a new reality

There are 2 realities, mine & everyone else's. I hope that both come to a fiery & destructive end in the near future.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I hope that both come to a fiery & destructive end in the near future.

I see..

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The man was telling you the honest truth and probably trying to steer you to the path of being wealthy.
One of the first things my daddy taught me in the world of finance was: Pay cash. Rich people don't make car payments. People who make car payments make the bankers rich. The choice is simple: do you keep your money or give it to the banker because you don't have the patience and discipline to plan and save?
It's not rocket science to live within one's means. That is the problem of today's society---we've become a debt culture. Our parents and grandparents scrimped and saved and paid cash for their wants. But beginning in the '50s there was a massive overstock of products in post-war America so the bankers introduced credit cards to encourage more buying of these surplus products. By the '80s everyone and their dog had at least one credit card. Between credit cards and "installment plans" houses all over the country are now filled with things that will break or be worn out before the credit card bill is paid. All this because the voices on the box tell us that we must have this, that or the other or we'll never find love and true happiness. Too many folks out there attempting to live the champagne lifestyle on a beer pocketbook.

FYI: to those who are judging "rich" by the vehicle they drive---the truly rich people I know don't drive the latest model of the trendiest car. The ones driving the flashy cars just want everyone to believe that they fit into the "rich" category. Truly rich people hire other people to do their driving.

Honestly, I don't personally know any billionaires but I do know a few millionaires. I find about the same number of jerks in the rich as in the middle class or poor population.

As others have pointed out, the whole "rich v. middle class v. poor" discussion is simply another technique to divide the populace.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I would only like to add that living WITHIN one's means is not quite enough.

One must live BELOW one's means to make any progress.

Within one's means is treading water compared to below one's means which is swimming in a forward direction.

I have no idea where anyone got the idea that going into debt was good for anything but posing like everything is OK when in actuality being in debt is akin to suffering from a parasitic disease which drains away one's life force.

Many people don't seem to be particularly intelligent these days....Just impatient....

a reply to: diggindirt

edit on 4-4-2015 by MyHappyDogShiner because: proof fail

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner
Yes, that is probably a better way to say it to today's society. My Dad's instructions also included paying yourself first when the paycheck came---that meant putting a percentage of the paycheck into savings.
My Dad was a carpenter, had his own business and knew that he was the only one he could depend on to get by. Maybe growing up as the middle child of 13 in a sharecropper's home influenced him? It took my Grandfather until he was past 60 years of age to save enough money to buy his own farm.
Sadly, we watched some family members suffer from that life-force draining after buying an over-priced home just before the bubble burst. They had come to us asking our advice. Our advice to them was to continue saving up money for a down payment and wait at least a year----until the bubble burst---and they would be in good shape to buy because prices would drop on all this over-inflated property.
Then they went to a banker, a brother to one of the couple, and talked with him. He told them of the wonder of the rising real estate market, how if they jumped on a house now they could "flip" it in five years and make a ton of money. He also pointed out the "advantages" of having a tax deduction for a home----Yeah---pay the bankers 10s of thousands of dollars for a one thousand dollar "write-off"!!! These people are both college educated but not very smart so they took the banker's advice and bought a house, bragging that they were going to be rolling in dough in a few years. Then the bubble burst and the house was suddenly worth $135k less than they paid. Rather than being in the pink, they were far into the red. Now they could have remained patient, paid the mortgage---they had the income to continue to pay the mortgage but it meant they would have to reduce their spending by cutting other areas of their lifestyle. But they just couldn't find the courage to admit their mistake and reduce their spending. Instead both turned to alcohol and you can imagine the mess that came of that!
It is very sad indeed that the society has such influence over folks that they will lose everything to avoid giving up that new car or cable TV.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join