It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A UFO until...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

this picture one of many I have of different objects and by no means the best shot for clarity or size of craft, however when I spotted this one its speed and movements made me go grab my camera from the truck at my dads site..
I only got this one picture of it before it was too high for me to track and zoom in on again...
can anyone work on this picture to help Identify this?
As for now this will remain a UFO...
edit on 23-2-2015 by 5StarOracle because: Add

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

It is an indistinct while blur. No amount of work or analysis will ever identify it as anything more than that.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Speculative cases like this tend to detract from the legitimacy of the topic of UFOs.

Albeit true that the intentions are sincere, one must be realistic about the presentation of evidence that should constitute a "case".

In this circumstance, we have a relatively grainy photo of unknown origin with no point of reference for distance, size, speed, etc. The object in question could be nearly anything.

It could be a genuine alien spacecraft... or a fleck of dust on a lens. There is simply no way to tell.

I commend you on your enthusiasm and alertness to the topic, but in my humble opinion there's simply far too little to go on for anyone to make a determination. Unfortunately, that's why the UFO community is often laughed at and disregarded as too "fringe" when there is a case with far more definitive evidence for analysis.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: mister.old.school

It is an indistinct while blur. No amount of work or analysis will ever identify it as anything more than that.

Is that you're expert opinion? You analyzed this picture that fast?
what process did you use?
edit on 23-2-2015 by 5StarOracle because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
what process did you use?

Common sense.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheFlesh1980

Well I can tell you that this object was about a mile away when I first sighted it and atleast a mile off the ground it is much further away in this picture...

At first it was a small white dot that I thought was having trouble because of the way it seemed to jerk or skip forward, but then when it appeared to slide across the sky and make some rather unusual movements and had no wings I had to take a picture...

thank you for your opinion but for me that's not good enough to discredit the fact this is a UFO...

No plane moves like this, I will add that this picture was taken not long after it was announced US drones would be entering our air space... But then again they don't move like this did either...
edit on 23-2-2015 by 5StarOracle because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

You're common sense is non sense, just because you are unable to do something does not make it impossible for others...
edit on 3/31/2015 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/31/2015 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

well im convinced lol

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Can you post the original, unedited photo?

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

In the case you are describing, a video would certainly have helped. Without the motion, the best you can do is zoom in and adjust the contrast/brightness. It still doesn't do it justice if it was a UFO. From the pixelation, you can see that there are simply not enough pixels to work with here.

edit on 2/23/2015 by InTheFlesh1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: gavron

I'll see if I can the only editing done to this photo was to crop it and maybe zoom in a bit...
Not sure if the original was lost when I did that or not...

I'll have to check my cloud this picture was taken on an old Galaxy s3 I believe...

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheFlesh1980
In the case you are describing, a video would certainly have helped. Without the motion, the best you can do is zoom in and adjust the contrast/brightness. It still doesn't do it justice if it was a UFO:

Looks like a gliding bird.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

More seriously, first step if you want anyone to analyze any image is to provide the original, non-cropped version. The one you provided lack any EXIF data and show some more that could have been likely added by the cropped and/or the storage process.

I'm also afraid that mister.old.school is right, there's no chance to identify what it could be, whatever analysis will be done on this image, as it's too blurry, unclear and with no reference point to rely on.
edit on 23-2-2015 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: gavron

That is the original, I seen one fellow say it looks like a gliding bird, can anyone tell me what kind of bird can can cover the horizon in seconds and can drop in altitude just as fast that has no wings?

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
mr.old school & InTheFlesh are right.. NOTHING can be done to 'work' on it.
And that is just using common sense..

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

You're common sense is non sense, just because you are unable to do something does not make it impossible for others...

He is absolutely correct. It's a white blur.

It is not possible to enhance information that does not exist in the image to begin with. It is possible to introduce new information using filters and algorithms, but that information is false. Anyone who is knowledgeable about this will tell you the same.

Sorry, it's a white blur and there is nothing else in that image that would be helpful.

If the original is far higher resolution from say a high end DSLR the original might help, but since this is a low res cellphone photo, it's likely to be of no help at all.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

To get any answer here, you would need to present a higher resolution photo taken with better equipment. Since that's not possible, your description is all you have.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I guess I am forced to believe it is impossible to analyze the pictures I have provided...
I will just say the image buddy posted shows clearly the shape of the object an elongated tear drop shape which distorted the atmosphere around it...

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Your conclusion is impossible, given the quality and compression of the image.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

My Conclusion is what I said... it remains to me unidentified I saw the shape quite clearly with my own eyes rather close up, it was almost as large as an airliner was an elongated tear drop shape with no wings and the atmosphere around it was distorted...

not impossible that's what it was...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join