It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did King David take orders from Satan…???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Anyone have an coherent explanation for these 2 verses below, that actually works and makes sense…???

Here’s the first verse below…

2 Samuel 24:1
Again the anger of the LORD burned against Israel, and he incited David against them, saying, “Go and take a census of Israel and Judah.”
So the king said to Joab and the army commanders with him, “Go throughout the tribes of Israel from Dan to Beersheba and enroll the fighting men, so that I may know how many there are.”

All fine and dandy I suppose; although why the Lord would be angry against Israel, and require fighting men, seems a little bit strange too me…

Anyway, here comes the rather bizarre parallel verse below…

1 Chronicles 21:1
21 Satan rose up against Israel and incited David to take a census of Israel. 2 So David said to Joab and the commanders of the troops, “Go and count the Israelites from Beersheba to Dan. Then report back to me so that I may know how many there are.”

Now I guess you could argue that the verse (1 Chronicles 21:1) is referring to an outside Source i.e. a Satanic Evil, that has rose up agianst Israel and incited David to act agianst it etc…

But the comparison verse above it (2 Samuel 24:1) is soo eerily similar, that I’m not sure if that explanation really works…

Also, it’s the Lord anger agianst Isreal which incites David to act…And although the verse (1 Chronicles 21:1) doesn’t use the exact same phrase of “anger” used in (2 Samuel 24:1)…It does however use the phrase “rose up agianst”, which sugests that something was not happy with Isreal. And if you are not happy with something, you are generally bitter and angry about it …again, a big parrallel in comparison to the other verse and the Lords anger etc…

There is however an official explanation to these verses, which goes along the lines of… The Lord’s anger is directed agianst evil taking place, presumably in, or agianst Israel, which is why the Lord was angry about it…And on the flip side of that, Satan is only angry at something Good and Rightoues taking place in Isreal…which all kinda makes sense…and most people just leave it at that, I guess…

The problem is, if the above explanation is the correct interpretation of that verse, then why is David even mentioning Satan at all…in other words, why give power to something, that is not happy with something rightoues that is taking place…that just doesn’t make any sense to me at all…I mean, why biuld up the negative, instead of the positive…Why frame it from Satan’s perspective, instead of the Lords….

If Satan was not happy with something Good and Rightoues that was taking place, then who cares lol; there is simply NO WAY, I would ever use his (Satans) name, to help describe it. I’d frame it from the other perspective, by focussing on what is Rightoues. I would never use Satans name, to help describe rightoues things, that he (Satan) is unhappy about etc…

So again, that official explantion just doesn’t cut it for me iether…

But never mind what I think…What do you guys think about these 2 verses…?

I looked forward to your responses…

- JC

edit on 23-2-2015 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Well, those who put the bible together like to flaunt the truth right in front of us. I believe these two verses are parallel to one another, describing the same event. One says God, the other says Satan, this implies to me that the god of the OT is actually Satan, this was intentional.

It's almost as if those who CAN see it are being told "look how brainwashed we have these people, we say it in plain words yet they still refuse to accept or see it." That's the sign of a sociopath. The god of the OT was a sociopath, which is why he mirrors the actions of them.

S&F Good to see you back around brother. I've been missing your input here lately.

edit on 2/23/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft
These are two different ways of saying "the idea came from somewhere, and it was a bad one".
Chronicles was compiled at a somewhat later time, when people were more prone to attributing bad ideas to Satan.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecroft
The problem is, if the above expanation is the correct interpretation of that verse, then why is David even mentioning Satan at all…in other words, why give power to something, that is not happy with something rightoues that is taking place…that just doesn’t make any sense to me at all…I mean, why biuld up the negative, instead of the positive…Why frame it from Satan’s perspective, instead of the Lords….

David didn't mention it; he didn't write Chronicles. Some other guy wrote Chronicles based on the historical teachings/sayings of David that were passed to him at that point, which may have only been as old as one or more generations.

What you're quoting is the same story written differently at different times by different people. Samuel says it's the Lord's anger, while Chronicles says Satan rose against. Samuel is the older book of the two, and Chronicles is a summary of other books that come before it, in addition to some extra information.

If your enemy rises up against you, your enemy would technically be inciting you also. Incitement = rising up against

If Satan rose against Israel, it would stir the Lord's anger. David being the King would need to take a census to know the size and capability of his army. Satan rising against could mean that enemies of Israel, influenced by Satan, were rising against. this is why the army is required. The Lord's anger burning against Israel like Samuel says could have been because the enemies of Israel were emboldening against them. This would upset the Lord because they are his people and thus, need to fight for not only their own honor, but the Lord's as well. So go take a census and get the army ready for battle.
edit on 2/23/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I believe you already know the answer...

The OT god is the demiurge... which is pretty much satan

Put the verses together and Satan is the Lord of Israel... who knew...

Oh wait, people did know... and they were exterminated for the very thought of truth

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Please refer to this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's been discussed before.
edit on 23-2-2015 by Abednego because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

So you're saying that God made a bad decision or idea? I thought God was only good?

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
That's why the later writer decided to attribute it to Satan.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

So God DID make a bad decision. How can GOOD itself make a BAD decision? I thought it wasn't in God to make bad decisions. Why would you agree that a bad decision is good? Or do you think God made a bad judgement call?

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

I believe you already know the answer...

The OT god is the demiurge... which is pretty much satan

Put the verses together and Satan is the Lord of Israel... who knew...

Oh wait, people did know... and they were exterminated for the very thought of truth

The depth of it all.. sheesh. If I keep going w/that idea, wouldn't that make the "Synagogue of Satan" any synagogue? And that Satan is the God of the Jews, which would mean that Allah is the God of the Muslims, right? Furthermore, followers of God killing followers of the Devil is truly noble work. Perhaps 72 virgins actually do await the martyrs.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
As I said, that's why the later writer decided to attribute it to Satan instead.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

that is a stretch to say the least...

i'll give you a little push in the right direction though... Look through the bible an see the few instances where satan is actually mentioned... let alone the things he actually did...

Then check and see the utter destruction and havoc that the OT god left in his wake...

And what exactly do muslims have to do with anything?

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Sigh...

So someone who was inspired by God thought a decision that was made by God was actually Satan... when it was actually God. If he was inspired by God then why is he inspiring the author to attribute his actions to Satan?
edit on 2/23/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Sigh...
Two different people had two different ways of understanding and describing where an idea came from.
It's not a law-book, you know.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

So God inspired two people to come to two different conclusions on the same event. Why is he inspiring two different conclusions? Is he divided against himself? One must be inspired by God and the other not so much, right? If the bible doesn't contain contradictions, then why is this one present?

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So God DID make a bad decision. How can GOOD itself make a BAD decision? I thought it wasn't in God to make bad decisions. Why would you agree that a bad decision is good? Or do you think God made a bad judgement call?

I'll put this the best I can.
God does not make bad decisions His decisions are based on future outcomes. Is something we as human cannot understand. The decisions that God make are based on a purpose bigger than us.
Now on the other hand since us as human does not understand those decisions; we act based on what we think it really happened. So we say Satan did it. Because is easier to say that than say that God failed (as far as we understand).

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Abednego

Or we could just admit to the obvious... the bible was written by men...

Thus subject to mans flaws...

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Because is easier to say that.
We will never understand God's decision making. Not under our terms.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So God inspired two people to come to two different conclusions on the same event. Why is he inspiring two different conclusions? Is he divided against himself? One must be inspired by God and the other not so much, right? If the bible doesn't contain contradictions, then why is this one present?

You're exploiting a very legalistic theory of the way "inspiration" works.
I don't hold that theory, so I'm not obliged to defend it.

I repeat, two different people had two different ways of understanding and describing where an idea came from.

edit on 23-2-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

star for that! heheh.

i think it's all secondary to having true spirituality if you could call it that.

i brought up muslims because it is the belief of the islamic extremists that Jews follow Satan and are inherently evil and must be destroyed. you had just happened to say that the OT God was Satan. so i just kept going w/it.
edit on 2/23/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join