It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sept. 11 Conspiracy Theorist Offers $100,000 Prize

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 05:47 AM
link   
U.S. National - Reuters
Reuters
Sept. 11 Conspiracy Theorist Offers $100,000 Prize

Wed Dec 15, 5:44 PM ET

By Larry Fine

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Jimmy Walter has spent more than $3 million promoting a conspiracy theory the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on the United States were "an inside job" and he is offering more cash to anyone who proves him wrong.

The millionaire activist is so convinced of a government cover-up he is offering a $100,000 reward to any engineering student who can prove the World Trade Center buildings crashed the way the government says.

"Of course, we expect no winners," Walter, 57, heir to an $11 million fortune from his father's home-building business, said in a telephone interview from California on Wednesday. He accuses figures in government, the military and business of involvement in the Sept. 11 attacks.

Walter said a panel of expert engineers would judge submissions from the students.

Next month, he also launches a nationwide contest seeking alternative theories from college and high school students about why New York's World Trade Center collapsed. The contest offers $10,000 to the best alternative theory, with 100 runner-up awards of $1,000. Winners will be chosen next June.

Stroy

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 05:50 AM
link   
hey this is a good way to wake the sheep up, offer cash and bam they wake up and realize things arent what they seem. good going for this Walters guy..

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I did a Search..... wrong words....sorry...

I guess you can't go to bed.....

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I just hope this guy has bodyguards. I think he may need them.

Y'know, I often wonder if Hitler would have gotten away with all the BS he did if there'd been an Internet 70 years ago....

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
I just hope this guy has bodyguards. I think he may need them.

Y'know, I often wonder if Hitler would have gotten away with all the BS he did if there'd been an Internet 70 years ago....

Probably not, americans are much too guilable.Must be the star spangled banner blindfold.....

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I agree he'll never pay the $100K, but mainly because he will simply never accept any proof. He's not exactly an unbiased observer.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Muaddib,

I'll pass on the farting ghost theory. The energy generated by the burning phantom methane would have been far too little to cause the massive destruction that occurred. But it might explain the seismic spikes.

On a serious note, the official explanation is nonsense. It doesn't explain what happened. It's outrageous that a proper investigation and scientific analysis were never conducted in the wake of this event. That alone screams cover-up. What about the seismic spikes? the fact that the towers turned to dust? the pools of molten steel 70 feet below the surface. Come on, smarty pants, explain how these things are caused by a collision and kerosene fire? Physical evidence shipped far away and disposed of without proper inspection and analysis? The official line is a fairy tale, a comforting bedtime story, like a soothing pacifier and warm blankee, to help all the good little sheeple sleep soundly, knowing that Big Brother is out there protecting us from all the bad people in the world. Peter Pan. Tinker Bell. All is good in the end.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexofSkye
I agree he'll never pay the $100K, but mainly because he will simply never accept any proof. He's not exactly an unbiased observer.

Maybe hes just alot smarter then you....and richer....

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Riches and IQ have nothing to do with it. He has a very specific political philosophy and the facts will simply not be allowed to get in the way of his pet theory.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
If this is the guy that was on the news here awhile back, he looked and acted like a drug addict.

He sat in the chair jerking and twitching and basically babbling nonsense. He looked like a meth addict after a week or two of no sleep. I did not catch the mans name but he had wrote a book and was offering a reward for info, so I bet its the same guy.

Did anyone else catch the interview?

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 04:08 AM
link   
"Riches and IQ have nothing to do with it. He has a very specific political philosophy and the facts will simply not be allowed to get in the way of his pet theory. "

who are we talking about?

Sounds like Bush

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   
100k, i am so going to try to get that, could be hard though, since it it near damm impossible.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Offering up $1 Million in cash to anyone who can prove pentagon "inside job" theories wrong, would be more of an impossible task!

Hopefully this contest will only distract law students
hehehe

new topics

top topics

join