It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'He Might Be Here to Rob Us': Pharmacist Guns Down Would-Be Robber

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Glorifying death, only in America..

So glad I'm British.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
What a "gun-toting thug" REALLY learns from a video like this, is that if he wants to be successful in today's gun-loving world, he needs to walk into a place and shoot the hell out of everyone first, THEN take the cash.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: plube
Not sure what anyone saw there....what I saw was a not very clever crook...actually let a customer leave knowing he was covered up...the old guy even tipped his hat...I did not see a bunch of panic..I did not see the crooks gun fire...I saw the clerk shoot him in the chest ...the shocked crook points gun but keeps going away as he gets shot again...then the clerk calmly shoots the crook again in the back this time.

The suspect, Terry Gillenwater, entered the Good Family Pharmacy in Pinch on Wednesday morning wearing a mask. He pulled a gun and pointed it at the employees behind the counter. Radcliff was one of those employees, but was armed with a pistol and a conceal carry permit. He drew his .45 caliber pistol and shot Gillenwater three times.

After one shot struck Gillenwater’s shoulder, the assailant continued to point his gun. A second shot hit Gillenwater’s gun in the muzzle and disabled it. Gillenwater continued to point and try to shoot, but a third shot put him down. Radcliff and others immediately rendered first aid, before Gillenwater died at a Charleston hospital.

Source

The robber was only shot twice, once in the shoulder, his gun was struck with the second bullet disabling it, and as he continued to try and shoot his weapon, the third shot was fired into his torso from the front, not his back. No, you did not see the robbers gun fire, just pointing it justified fire from the pharmacist, as indicated by the article.

CHARLESTON, W.Va. — A pharmacist who fatally shot an armed robber in his drug store won’t face criminal charges, Kanawha County prosecutor Chuck Miller said Friday. “The Kanawha County Sheriff’s Department has interviewed witnesses and reviewed the video tapes of surveillance and provided those to the prosecuting attorney’s office,” Miller said during a news conference. “We have considered them and do not believe there are any criminal charges necessary to be filed against Mr. Don Radcliff.”

Same source as above. The Sheriff's office and the prosecuting attorney's office both agreed no charges should be filed. I understand you do not feel the crook would have just killed the people in the shop, but can you be certain? The crook was pulling his gun out, but the pharmacist beat him to the draw. Neither you or I can know the true intentions of the crook or how it would have played out had he gotten his gun out first.

How do you know anyone in the shop were not family of the pharmacist, and he did not kill over "just stuff". Many pharmacies in America are owned by the pharmacist, and most of them employ family members. Just food for thought.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

“Mr. Gillenwater had done some preliminary efforts to case the pharmacy,” said Miller. “He had done some search on his iPhone with respect to drugs in the pharmacy.”

Gillenwater had entered a guilty plea to conspiracy to distribute OxyContin in December. The plea was deferred to allow him to enter a drug rehab program. The deferred status is designed to allow the charges to be dropped if the defendant successfully completes the course.

The dude was given a break by the courts and a second chance to straighten out his life, but it seems he used that second chance to commit another crime and paid for it with his life.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
A big ole
to that man! When they come looking for drugs with a weapon there is no predicting their behavior. Who knows how many lives that man saved that day by taking one?

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Actually the Pharmacist was a bit too slow with his second
and third shots. It could have cost him his life...

Three or four to the face as fast a he could pull the trigger was
what the prescription called for.

He's lucky he is alive...

edit on 24-2-2015 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Glorifying death is not something I like to make a practice of.

Only in America......

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

I know, it's a good thing most in this thread are commending the Pharmacist for his ability to protect himself and his staff.
But I am sure that's easy enough to see.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Thanks very much for taking the time to share that info.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: AshOnMyTomatoes

Anybody robbing a pharmacy isn't there for the cash. Odds are he was either there for oxycodone 30mg or, considering the meth problem in West Virginia, large amounts of pseudoephedrine.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
I dont understand the point of the thread, it just seems to be gloryfying the death of somebody.
Do people just post pictures of people being shot without any point, surely that should be against the T&C's.

Yes...we glorify the death of someone who doesn't deserve to live in civilized society. Hell, I'd dance on his grave given the chance. The second someone goes from a problem to a threat, it is all over and that is the way it should be. It should be broadcast, laughed about and the person taking them out should receive a big check on-air so we can all relish in his moment of fame for being a hero.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
I think what people are saying is that the "bad guy" is still human. It's easy to say thathe could have chosen to get a job and do the right thing, but sometimes it's not that easy. People can be indoctrinated into any sort of lifestyle. If your family is pro- gun rights, you might be as well; if your family is poor, and you grow up seeing your parent or sibling steal to get by, you might think that it's the lifestyle you're going to live as well. Morality isn't as ingrained in all of us as we'd like to think.

a reply to: network dude

No...they are not human. Human requires humanity and therefore living in peace with the rest of society. This person gave up their rights and their humanity the second they decided to put other people's lives at risk for something a small and unimportant as drugs or money.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld

So glad I'm British.

Would you celebrate the killing of a predator animal that was killing children in a village? How about the death of a person who continues to threaten (or terrorize) others? That is what this person was...a predator who threatened innocent people in that store. He got what he deserves and EVERYONE should know that this happens to the "bad guys". There will be fewer of them and you can celebrate that.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Glorifying death is not something I like to make a practice of.

Only in America......

You are looking at it wrong.
We are celebrating a victory over thugs that the court system keeps letting back out onto our streets.

If the legal system had swift and strong punishment for crimes we wouldn't in this position.
But the bleeding heart liberals have watered down punishment.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I'm so sick of hearing about the Constitution. Its just a written Trojan Horse to control and regulate our lives.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254
I don't think that people understand. Pharmacies in this area are robbed daily. It is sad but as they lock down on doctor hopping and the ER stop giving out the scripts it will only get worse.

I am glad that the man was there to protect his fellow employees.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

I'm about 15 miles from the WV border in Virginia. I can't tell you how many people we get from WV with scripts for Oxy 30 from Maryland doctors (read: pill mills). And it's never just one person. One will come in with a group and then if the pharmacist actually fills the script we'll get at least 5 other groups show up within the hour looking for copious amounts of Oxy 30 and methadone. And don't even get me started on the meth problem. It's so bad in WV that Walgreens doesn't allow any store within 15 miles of the WV border to sell pseudoephedrine.

The widespread nature of prescription medication and meth addiction is ridiculous. I live in the richest county in the country and still we have people regularly trying to rob pharmacies. We have pharmacists afraid to walk to their car at night. Sure, good on this guy for defending his staff and patients. At the same time I think people are focusing too much on the gun aspect and not focusing enough on the fact that this robbery is simply a symptom of a much greater issue.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Legalize the stuff and let natural selection do it's thing. That's the solution.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I am certain what this teaches criminals is, fire first before being shot.

Seeing a lot of stories of them executing innocents and then the gun owners ask why.

Same reason you got...protect one self before being killed.

I am not advocating for criminals..just saying this is what gun culture creates...shoot first ask questions later.

Too bad it is only gonna get worse...people will start killing each other based on race, clothes, demeanor..etc.

This is what happens to a gun crazy country.

People always bring up other countries and their gun violence...difference...those countries are third world...yet in a "supposed" civilized country...this crap still happens.
edit on 24-2-2015 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2015 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld

So glad I'm British.

Actually where the country is gun crazy..they glorify death..not only in America.

It's an issue for us in Canada because all those guns out there unaccounted for, make their way into our country.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join