It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven-year-old girl' kills herself and five others in Nigeria suicide bombing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
the title of the news piece says it all really. i despair. a child is a weapon?

"A girl thought to be as young as seven killed herself and five others in a suicide bombing in north-east Nigeria on Sunday as the country’s president, Goodluck Jonathan, conceded that his government had underrated the capacity of the Islamist extremist group Boko Haram.

The attack on a market in the town of Potiskum is the latest in a string of suicide strikes in which children have been used. Previous attacks have been blamed on Boko Haram."

link to story

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I think I hate Boko Haram more than I hate ISIS.

Shameful Hog-blooded khanzeers!

Edit: They shouldn't be saying she killed herself either...

Those scumbags killed her!

RIP to all who crossed over.
edit on 23-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs They shouldn't be saying she killed herself either.

absolutely. a mind so young is EASILY manipulated, 'programmed', if you will. a grim new low.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I wish whoever set her up could be captured and arrested for her murder as well as the ones who were also killed.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

Probably didn't even know she was strapped with explosives...

& I'd bet my life on it that she didn't have the detonator.

Terrible news.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Probably didn't even know she was strapped with explosives...

& I'd bet my life on it that she didn't have the detonator.

Terrible news.

agreed on all counts.
edit on R2015rd2015-02-23T09:40:18-06:0020150am534 by RoScoLaz4 because: involuntary button press

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not the first time BokoScumbags did this.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

terrible. where will this end? will it end? i honestly can't recall such a prolonged period of exponentially increasing bad news. terrorism, austerity, disease, climate trouble..... gee whiz.

ETA i know the non-terroristic stuff i mentioned is technically off-topic but it's all a part of the whole mess i perceive the world to be in right now. just whining i guess.
edit on R2015rd2015-02-23T09:48:38-06:0020150am534 by RoScoLaz4 because: whining

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4

Nearly old enough to marry in some jihadist eyes, so the border between child and adult is blurred.

That said, child bombers have been used before in Nigeria, Afghanistan and by Palestinian terrorists.

Regards

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Everyone says they hate Boko Haram. I liked the hit they had in '67, A Whiter Shade of Pale under their previous name of Procol Harum. I also like that group Shish Kabob even though they're threatening the malls. They make excellent grilled food on a stick. Are they mad at the food courts?

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

"She said, there is no reason
And the truth is plain to see.
But I wandered through my playing cards
And would not let her be
One of sixteen vestal virgins
Who were leaving for the coast
And although my eyes were open
They might have just as well've been closed"

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4

Nearly old enough to marry in some jihadist eyes, so the border between child and adult is blurred.

That said, child bombers have been used before in Nigeria, Afghanistan and by Palestinian terrorists.

Regards

Also, in Viet-Nam it happened in Saigon - a lot.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Yeah so uh...can we (the world) take the kid gloves off now?

Gonna see a lot more of this, and worse, if we don't.
edit on 23-2-2015 by IntroduceALittleIrony because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

This is getting more sickly by the week...

There seems to a ratings war going on between ISIS and Boko Haram.

Who will win? Tune in next week

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I don't think calling these suicide attacks is correct. They would hardly understand the concept so they were either brainwashed or threatened.

These are kids used as weapons.

That is of course if we are actually getting the right info and it's not just another attempt at painting the boogey man.

Peace

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
You people are pathetic. I'm sick of this sensationalist news.

This sort of brainwashing of young people has been going on by the drug cartels in Mexico right across our US border for over 40 years now and you people seem to get excited about this halfway across the planet...

What happens in Nigeria will never effect you but the misuse of children by the Mexican cartels will effect you daily whether you know it or not. Same goes with ISIS.

Heck there is a major large terrorist operation right across the border from Texas and yet you folks would rather concentrate on foolishness rather than take back your continent from terrorism.

This is why you people don't take care of your countries. This is why you don't oust the corrupt politicians who are real terrorist in your own country. People stop looking at whats happening around the world that you cannot change and look to save your own North America.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnPhoenix you folks would rather concentrate on foolishness

i consider this child-weapon tactic rather more than just foolishness, wherever it happens.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnPhoenix

It's not pathetic that people are expressing compassion towards the loss of life of other people. Even if they belong in another country and not their own.

You're making this blanket assumption everyone doing so doesn't also extend that compassion to the exploitation of children in their own country or in adjacent countries.

edit on 23-2-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join