It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dangerous and Destructive Mythology of American Exceptionalism

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: MimiSia
a reply to: infinityorder

agreed. I read somewhere what Feds think of sociaty and peace. unfortunately no one figured out how to run sociaty were war is no longer a threat. America's solution is the best anybody could come up with and the whole world agrees. downsize population evolve downsize population evolve it has been that way since woop woop

Some people just can't face reality.

They believe there should be no war....though there always has been and always will be at every level of life on this world.

Since there WILL be war....big killing millions or several small killing hundreds of thousands?

I choose the we real smaller...less ruin less death less atrocities.

Yes it is a tragedy... Just like all life us a tragedy....our intelligence doesn't change reality.

Anymore than our I telkugence changes the result of a comet hitting this world.

Yes it sucks...we wish it didn't happen, but it did.

Do you want one giant extinction event or several localised tragedies?

I choose the more frequent wide spread local tragedies... They cist fewer lives and effect less people for less time.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

nobody hates the average citizen believe me I don't hate you or your friend here so please stop the crazy

This is the nonsense I'm referring to in my last post - when anyone tries to point out a fault of America they automatically get labelled "haters" who are "jealous".

Or Malcontents.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   
i smell a bit of little man syndrome floating around here

but soccer and clown cars are cool too

if youre gay
edit on 23-2-2015 by miomo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   

where did u serve?

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harvin

originally posted by: alldaylong

a reply to: Harvin

Is that what they teach in American schools? How ridiculous.

No, actually i spend a lot of time READING. Interestingly enough these days it is very easy to do...it call the intatet.

There are two versions of world history.

1) The American one.

2) The real one.

I dont have much of an american education and only recall one minor event discussed regarding history during my time in an american school.

Did you read my post? You disagree with it? WOW....WOW...smh.

From your post

Before the U.S the world was rather brutal.

Total nonsense. Here are a list of wars since the end off WW II

en.wikipedia.org...

The U.S. had been around 200 years before WW II so you can add many more conflicts to that list.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   

what the ef is a malcontents

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

African slaves would also disagree

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: infinityorder

In america, when talking to a female the C word( dorogatory for a female sex organ) is honestly flat out the end all, you might even get shot stabbed or beaten with a blunt object over it, in England they throw it around like candy.

Not sure how that works down there for you guys never been...

Swearing is a part of the Aussie language lol. The "C" word no more or less than any other.

too far, all that water scares me honestly....besides every single lifeform in your country is deadly...every snake bite dead in minutes.. Every fish is poison or will eat you( great whites...haws ruined them for me) ( oh and the blue ringed octopus, and the cobr snail......not cool at all).

Oh even the ones that look cute and cuddly like mangos....beat you to death.....don't get me started on the plant life....

You guys are baddassed just to be alive.

Nobody messes with you crazy Aussies for a reason.... Japan tried once... That turned out well for them....not really.

The Japs landed on our northern shores, spent 2 weeks trying to find civilisation, got lost, turned back and never returned - except that one time when they tried to get subs into Sydney Harbour and we politely blew them out of the water.

Not EVERY animal, insect and plant here is deadly, but in all fairness yeah we have a country full of things that want to kill you in horrible ways! Part of our early education in primary school is centered around First Aid and what to do if you get bitten/stung/eaten....

Why don't start a thread on things in Australia that don't kill you...about a million times shorter than things that do.

You Aussies....I will continue to buy everyone of you I meetva beer, even after disagreeing and flat out arguing.

You "blokes"( do you guys use that word) are top shelf.

Always have been in my experience, only met about 20 of you guys( never any ladies...what you guys don't export them?....bastages!)

I love you Aussies, only others on earth that think your cock and balls are bigger than everyone else's!

From an American view ....I love that about you guys!

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Is that what they teach in American schools? How ridiculous.

No, actually i spend a lot of time READING. Interestingly enough these days it is very easy to do...it call the intatet.

There are two versions of world history.

1) The American one.

2) The real one.

Lol...you forgot about " the real one"....dies anyone actually know it?

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   

oh u read the listverse.. cool.. I didnt quite get ur response on the other threat I hope u can expand on here or there

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   

a reply to: mister.old.school

I tell you what it is not American citizens (who doesn't love Hollywood , apps, Micky mouse and mc's apple pie) that are the target of bad mouthing I think that it is the fact many don't like your corporation run Goverment . trust me. I watch the news when Americans protest against something it always turns ugly. USA used to be an example of freedom to protest. etc. I used to like Obama now I see him trying to please the bad guys. I hate that they are pushing him to call Isis Islam it is sad. and so on... trust me also America does not effect me in no way I just dislike they are trying to be the world's police

America only dawned that cloak after the rest of you guys literally forced us into loosing hundreds of thousands into your wars you forced on us.

After the last one we claimed the mantle of resposibilty, and stopped your further machinations up to this point.

Name once america started a world war that killed hundreds of millions...
I can name 2 tines the rest if you guts did.

We never want anything but fat lazy BBQ and beer weekends.

The test of you guys play your games that escalate out of control and end countries and hundreds of millions.

We get involved early to make sure it is only tens or hundreds of thousands.

Big difference.

The peace has only lasted this long because of american intervention.

Otherwise we would be into WW6 by now.

You guys in the EU keep starting the wars that end millions and attempt to genocide entire races.

Not once has any of that come from this side of the pond...not once.

Except the near genocide of the natives.......

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Why don't start a thread on things in Australia that don't kill you...about a million times shorter than things that do.

I'd make a bet that we are the only people in the world who allow a certain big nasty-looking spider called a Huntsman live in our houses because they are harmless to humans but make a meal out of all the other nasty spiders including Funnelwebs and Redbacks.

That's Aussies for you

You Aussies....I will continue to buy everyone of you I meetva beer, even after disagreeing and flat out arguing.

You "blokes"( do you guys use that word) are top shelf.

Yep, we use 'blokes'. And cheers mate, even though I disagree and argue with you Americans I'd still take you out for an (Aussie) beer (none of that pissweak American #e)

Always have been in my experience, only met about 20 of you guys( never any ladies...what you guys don't export them?....bastages!)

We only export our crap stuff to unsuspecting foreigners (Fosters for one), we keep all the good stuff to ourselves!

I love you Aussies, only others on earth that think your cock and balls are bigger than everyone else's!

From an American view ....I love that about you guys!

Think?

THINK??

Aint no 'thinking' about it mate!

The deadliest snakes in the country reside in our pants

Here's a picture of a Huntsman for you...

edit on 23/2/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   

you know if america had longer history we would see how great it is. never mind that
all these greatness you speak of originates from other countries . I love how not many acknowledge that americas cold wars and current wars and benefiting from wars makes it no. 1 economy no.1 military etc. btw ur moon story is great story a Russian dog was in space first

Name one nonamerican lifeforms to step foot on the moon... Ya we weren't first into space...just first and only on the moon a dozen times mind you.

But your right, america accomplished nothing in space because Russia killed a dog slowly to beat us there....really?

One thing about achivements is you have to keep them.

America seems to have settle on resting on its past laurals.

NOW today the USA cant even send men in to low earth orbit, you have to catch rides with the russians.

Sorry but the moon landing today are as relevent as the pyramids,

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   

edit on 23-2-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
America is still the most amazing country on this planet. The diversity and multiculturalism is what makes this country the best country on the planet. You can bash me all you want, go ahead. However I consider myself extremely fortunate to live in such an amazing place.

Have you been to the UK?

Is just as multiculural if not more so than the USA.

link   

a reply to: Kryties

that is why I gay now
what side u are on

Huh?

As in World VS America or Gay VS Straight?

link   

originally posted by: DeepImpactX

This isn't about bashing America. This is about being honest about her faults so we the people can change them.

And that is the main problem with threads like these, Americans come in and just whinge and bitch and moan about everybody "hating on America" when in fact it is more like constructive criticism.

Apparently nobody is allowed to point out Americas faults without some "Hooah"-type American coming in and claiming that we hate America and that we are jealous - that last being the most ridiculous of all the claims they make.

God..you Aussies do hit one right in the nutz!

See most of us Americans dobtvhavevmych to be proud of but heritage and family.....all else has been taken from us.

No chance at "advacement", no ladder to even climb.

Many of us were upper middle class before all the illegals undercut us by 50%,).

Now we scrape by.

The only "honor" we have left is to make it if you work hard enough,after working ourselves to the bone honestly before being cast away is national pride.....

If you guys take that..... America will fail, 380,000,000 will falter because the top 30,000 actually making good money can't feed our children.

We honestly only persist because we lie to ourselve and say "we can do it"...."just get ANOTHER job" you aren't doing enough...."you can do it if you just work hard enough"....

But you can't honestly.

National pride is really all we have left at this point.
edit on 23-2-2015 by infinityorder because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2015 by infinityorder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

te--chn--o--lo--gy
some great products come from the USA far away lands

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   

edit on 23-2-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

oh I meant what side of Australia ur on

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join