It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mentalist/Hypnotist Keith Barry exposes psychics as frauds...(3 part VID)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: InfinityandBeyond

Yeah let's compare brain power to being able to fly. Why the need to get so dramatic huh? Did I strike a nerve? I don't ask anyone to believe anything. Who cares who believes.? It's nothing like religion. I don't need faith to know what I myself have experienced and I don't care who else believes me or doesn't. I know and that is all that matters .

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
There's no hocus pocus magic involved. Are you saying you've never has a single instance of psychic ability in your whole life? Never knew who was on the phone before you picked up? Never knowing what someone was going to say before they said it? Never a hunch which elevator in a bank of elevators would arrive first. Never a feeling something bad was going to happen. Ever bet on a horse that won or picked the pick three?
reply to: hellobruce

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

It's called random chance. I can pick the elevator 10 times, being right 2 times does not make me psychic.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Oh hello Bruce...Oh wait you're not Bruce. You must have thought I was talking to you.

But now oh well.
Everybody is psychic to some extent. Even you little buddy. Even you.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
For some reason this thread is reminding me of a saying I read years ago: Absence of evidence does not necessarily mean evidence of absence.

My views? I believe very strongly that not all communication happens verbally. In fact, I'm pretty much on Rupert Sheldrake's side of this argument and believe that you can communicate with anyone and anything. Personally I have talked telepathically to a number of dead people, living people, some animals and even a tree or two - the latter to the amusement of certain family members - trees are profound, they always make me feel inferior and immature, like a child.

Does this mean that I believe all psychics are absolutely genuine. Absolutely not!!!! But I think the real con lies in the fact that "professional" psychics try to convince people (who are usually in a very vulnerable state of mind) that they NEED an outsider to facilitate the communication. There is a huge difference between believing in the validity of psychic communication and believing in the validity of so-called "professional" psychics. The problem with psychics is that their clients, the ones who pay their bills, are the living.

Derren Brown does valuable work by calling out the frauds. I don't agree with all of his pronouncements regarding psychic phenomenon, but in the spirit of freedom of speech I respect his right (and anyone else's rights) to disagree with me and my views. That's fair, isn't it? The truth is rarely a one-size-fits-all commodity.

To the sceptics and debunkers, allow me to propose to you the following paradox. If you say that I am delusional, you are presuming knowledge to something (me) that you have not observed, experienced or examined. So in effect, you are doing EXACTLY what you accuse psychics of doing.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce
All psychics are just frauds.

If they scammed the lottery then sure, they're a fraud.

originally posted by: InfinityandBeyond
If these people exist they should be saving the world.

It's kinda tricky when other psychics are trying to destroy it.

These people would be regarded as heroes and should be WELL known.

That is if governments and secret societies aren't keeping things quiet.

I don't believe because if you had the opportunity to save a life or prevent a disaster...you should!

Being psychic does not imply having any control over it. Nor could a psychic possibly know everything.

Show me the proof.

Nope.

I get premonitions so I'm claiming this as fact.

Nope.

originally posted by: rick2021
I know 100% we as a species have some ability beyond explanation.

This is legit.

originally posted by: meridie
To the sceptics and debunkers, allow me to propose to you the following paradox. If you say that I am delusional, you are presuming knowledge to something (me) that you have not observed, experienced or examined. So in effect, you are doing EXACTLY what you accuse psychics of doing.

Mate...I am so going to tell my mental health team that. Genius.

edit on 26-2-2015 by VigiliaProcuratio because:  

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: DjembeJedi
I consider the overwhelming majority of professional psychics to be grifters, but I don't deny that humans are capable of sensing things beyond their 5 senses. Derren Brown has been exposing Peychics for years btw.

Awesome Video ! Just furthers the cause here..
I find it HILARIOUS that it is still refuted after such PERFECT evidence!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join