It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

City Found 360 Feet Below Missouri City, Giant Human Skeleton Found

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:24 PM
We're not allowed to believe in giants or ancient cities from before we are supposed to have existed. We have to ignore all evidence of these things and believe we are the first advanced race of beings on this planet. We need to stay in the box they created for us.

Now, if you start believing in things that we are not allowed to believe in then you are a sociopath or have some sort of mental disease, so never admit that you believe this stuff or you will lose your credibility. Just pretend you are taking those pills the doctor prescribes and start saying you were nuts for a while and never want to go back to that way of life.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:26 PM
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

You said every scientist was a liar but didn't lie in everything they did. That was vague. I wasn't sure what you meant. I took a stab.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:31 PM
Really makes me think that these giants are the Sasquatch remains people have been looking for for years, it's just been covered up every time.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:33 PM
a reply to: rickymouse

That is a sad but true reality.

But I think that it will change hopefully within my lifetime.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:36 PM
a reply to: Bloodydagger

Thanks for making this thread,btw.

These are the kind of topics that originally drew me to ATS.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:45 PM
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I'm not making a joke when I say this-what if these skeletons of giants are stranded humanoid aliens from a planet that had the kind of gravity or whatever that just made them evolve to be bigger than us.

If they "mixed" with humans-Giantism could be a leftover trait.

If I'm not mistaken-the remains of our oldest (known) ancestors were quite a bit smaller than us.Like Lucy.

We would be considered giants to them.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:53 PM
No skeleton, no city. Nothing to this one in reality, besides a mine shaft that sparked the story. It's an admitted HOAX!

Bedlam and Del gave you the real scoop. Damn intriguing story, quite well-written for the day, but just a story.

Awesome subject, one ATS is uniquely qualified to investigate, but no substance to this one in the end.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 12:57 AM
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

So what you are saying, is that if there was a species of cat that lived thousands of years ago, that was bigger than any species of cat known alive now, than that would invalidate the theory of evolution?

Are you aware, that all mammal species were larger tens of thousands of years ago?

Evolution is not a linear process.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:06 AM

originally posted by: Bloodydagger. How hard is the government and other top ranking officials going to go to hide this

Ask John F. Kennedy

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:07 AM

originally posted by: FalcoFan

Thanks for making this thread,btw.

These are the kind of topics that originally drew me to ATS.

You're welcome!

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:19 AM

originally posted by: Cuervo

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Come now...

If these things didn't "go away" labelled as a hoax in every case then it would substantiate the Bible (no profit) & invalidate Evolution (much profit)...

Or they are a hoax and need to go away in every case because the Bible is false and Evolution invalidates these claims...

You can decide which resonates with your Spirit.

But it would also substantiate Norse religions, as well.

Ok, this is probably the greatest meme ever.

It has also only further enforced my faith in the Norse religion.
edit on 23-2-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:28 AM
The searching party only gave up becuase the oil in there lamps was running low.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:53 AM
Ok i will take a bullet . If ATS can fund me i am willing to fly to Missouri , First class Quantas of course , and research this . My proposed method is to go to every bar in the location and look for that crazy person all by himself in the corner talking about giants , huge skeletons , coal mines and such . If my initial search proves unsuccessful i can widen my search to cover a wider area . Yep i will take one for the team .
edit on 23-2-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 06:30 AM

The problem with this theory of Giants is that there is so little evidence for them.
If this was a species of Human capable of building things like the mounds, then there would have been entire societies, and there is just no evidence for them having existed.

It's also important to remember the time period we're talking about here too. Most of these stories seem to have come out around the same time as we were exploring much of the world, and a time when circus freak shows were touring each country.

It's comparable to the period of séances. It gets some headlines, people start talking about it, there's a fad, then before you know it there are ten old ladies down one street all performing séances and supposedly being photographed with ectoplasm dribbling out of their mouths...

I actually think it's plausible that there might have been a society of giants somewhere - genetics in a closed community might have led to that, and could lead to the same today - but in order to believe some of the most outlandish claims there needs to be more evidence.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:12 AM

It's possible.
But back in 1880's archaeology wasn't a main stream science, it wasn't even recognized by universities as a real subject, it was mainly a rich mans hobby, a guy who was interested in history and went out to seek treasure really.
At the time the main focus of these people was Egypt, and south america, the 'lost worlds', america was a new frontier, and untouched in many peoples eyes by humans or civilization.

So the probability of this being just swept aside by the people who would actually conduct a proper dig was huge.
And in today's world it's a taboo for real archaeologists to go on treasure hunts or go looking for atlantis or lost cities.
I did two years of archaeology in university, and in my first year we spent a week on myths in archaeology and how to use clues and triggers to decide if it's actually worth the time to research. One of them was going solely off eye witness accounts that are reported to another person and down the chain.
The telephone effect most likely played a huge part in these articles, for all we know the miners stumbled upon an old mine shaft, and since it was dark and they found human remains, got a little spooked, and the big fish story begins, add a few more eye witness accounts to the mess of information and you got one hell of an article.

That's not saying there weren't 'giants' roaming the america's, at one point earth may have looked like middle earth, all sorts of variations of apes crossing paths, all shapes and sizes. But a sophisticated statue carving, plumbing ready race of giants, highly unlikely. The description given sounds like the Flintstones.

edit on 23-2-2015 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:32 AM
The only actual skull that can be shown to have double rows of teeth is the Lovelock skull.
Its also quite large.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 08:36 AM
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Praise Odin!

Then praise him a second time!

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:08 AM
"The story, is singular, and if not true is a yarn that would have done credit to Missouri in the palmiest days of her romancing."

So...This was clearly being 'reported' not as fact, but as an anecdotal story. Add to that the fact that there are no firsthand reports from any members of the supposed 'searching party', who spent twelve hours exploring this 'city', yet did not bring back a single artifact (not even any of the number of tools they claimed to have found). Then there's the pesky question of how a thick layer of lava flow would "arch in" a city, as opposed to you know, just obliterating it, and the fact that this incredible lava that forms city sized spheres as it flows is underneath 300 feet of sedimentary rock. I'd love to know the geologic processes that could cause such a thing.

Also, they apparently took the time to organize a 'searching party', but were only able to search for 12 hours before running out of lamp oil? Oil lamps of the time burned from 4-6 hours on about an ounce of fuel, so that means they took less than two and a half ounces of fuel per lamp with them. One would think a group setting out to explore what they believed to be a full-scale underground city would have had a little more foresight and been better equipped and prepared.

Yet people still believe this. Critical thinking is dead.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:57 AM

originally posted by: UMayBRite!
The only actual skull that can be shown to have double rows of teeth is the Lovelock skull.
Its also quite large.

The Lovelock Skull has a single row of teeth:

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:06 AM

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

I could speculate very far indeed.

You see when I said "Evolution (much profit)" I didn't necessarily mean from Evolution itself...
As far as I know it's not all that lucrative...

Those scientists who do advocate the theory...
& the funding they get from the Government for all the other projects they wish to work on rely on compliance with things such as Evolution.

I'm gonna get flamed for this with things like "so every scientist is just a liar then?"...

I'll save people the bother... Yes.
But not in everything they do.

"Why would scientists lie?"
Many reasons.

"Give us an example?"

Free Energy...
Cancer Cures...
AIDS Cure...

& if they're willing to lie about those three things...
Or rather lack in the vocal department about such...

Then anything is fair game.

Flame away... I'll be over there>>>>>>>. Smiling slightly.
But also disappointed in the fact that Free Energy is stifled... That Cancer is rampant... & that AIDS is biowarfare.

What a load of garbage. And the saddest part is that you will NEVER have the courage of your claimed convictions. You know how I know this to be true? Because someday when you get really will trust those lying scientists to save you. Really easy to call people liars when you don't need them. Hoax, rubbish, nonsense...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>