It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City Found 360 Feet Below Missouri City, Giant Human Skeleton Found

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Why are people always so shocked when the bones of giants are uncovered? Gigantism exists now, so why should it have not existed in the past? It's a medical disorder.

Gigantism is abnormal growth due to an excess of growth hormone during childhood. The most common cause of too much growth hormone release is a noncancerous (benign) tumor of the pituitary gland. Other causes include: Carney complex.

There is some (limited) treatment for it now, such as removing the tumor from the pituitary, but of course there wouldn't have been back then.

www.nlm.nih.gov...

I did enjoy the article though. Old newspaper stuff..........

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Gulliver's Travels talks about giants too. Would giant skeletons validate that book as true also???

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

I can tell from the newsprint front type that those stories from back probably before 1900. Those were the days of "yellow journalism when Mark Twain (Samuel Clements) was making a name for himself such as his newspaper story about a miraculous jumping frog in a Colorado mining camp, etc. Pure hogwash, but it was fun to read it in the newspapers back when they were the only form of media. Sorta like the internet today, if you know what I mean.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: FalcoFan

Actually, a lot of different nations have legends dealing with encounters with giants.

Source

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

I can tell from the newsprint front type that those stories from back probably before 1900. Those were the days of "yellow journalism when Mark Twain (Samuel Clements) was making a name for himself such as his newspaper story about a miraculous jumping frog in a Colorado mining camp, etc. Pure hogwash, but it was fun to read it in the newspapers back when they were the only form of media. Sorta like the internet today, if you know what I mean.

For some reason, some people don't care that this story's root is decades old.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

bio availability before a climate impact that changed the atmosphere causing animals and humans to get smaller.

they dont want to admit the truth about our history because they found hi-tech in the pyramids back in the day when they took the stone off of them to rebuild cairo.

how is that for a theory?

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

The bit about Giants, yes I guess it would.
edit on 22-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: Stop being confrontational Charlie!

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I am a firm believer that one of the biggest conspiracies of our time is continuing among archaeologists, that there is a massive cover up of discoveries like this going on around the world.

Not sure what the motive might be, but I'm pretty convinced that the accepted human timeline is a massive ruse, there are just too many things being discovered that don't make any sense if you consider the accepted version of the human time line, but DOES make a lot of sense if you take into consideration that the current civilization level is not the first time that humans have risen to prominence.

I also believe that ancient humans were a LOT more civilized than they get credit for, and that their use of hand tools and other implements far exceeded anything we can do now, even with heavy machinery.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
So...why no further info, ever? And there were several coal mines in the area. You'd think you'd have heard more than one story about it, and as someone brought up in one of the links I found, the story is dated April the 8th, and it took time for the news to get to the printing press. Maybe it was an April Fool's joke.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Big difference between giganticism we see now and "human skeletons three times the size of a normal human being".

Can you imagine seeing people walking around that were 15 - 18 feet tall?

Even The Bible talks about giants (the famous story of David vs Goliath) so it's not really a surprise, but I don't think you can say this is the same as someone three times normal size.

Even if you're an atheist (like me) you have to consider that many of the stories in The Bible (especially the Old Testament) were likely tales that were passed down through generations of story tellers, based loosely on real events. The Flood of Noah is mentioned in many books and stories from around the ancient world,.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Just that if we were to prove Giants here on earth it would no more prove the Bible any more than it would prove every other mythology or book that has ever talked about them. Native Americans talk about them too as does every other culture on earth pretty much. So even if they ended up being real it would not validate the bible or the nephilim being the offspring of supernatural gods and humans.

All it would mean is that there were giants at some point in time and they were perhaps made reference to within the bible, but even then their origin is still in question. Unless of course you could prove that they were in fact the offspring of Gods and human women.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Gigantism still doesn't explain double rows of teeth and/or six fingers...

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Too old to be validated or invalidated.

Interesting folklore though.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

There's the misunderstanding then.

I thought people would be able to use critical thinking and realise I was speaking specifically about Giants in the Bible...

A far cry from relating it to a talking Snake or a man walking on Water.
edit on 22-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Here's a lengthy article on the hoax:

MOBERLY WEEKLY MONITOR – Moberly, Missouri – October 19, 1899 -

Estes outlined his plan. The editor-in-chief acquiesced. The St. Louis paper agreed to take 10,000 words by mail. Col. Provines wrote the story of the buried city, with Estes setting on his elbow, handing out the “facts.” It made “good stuff”. The colonel had studied the history and discoveries at Pompeii, and other towns that had been obliterated by volcanoes and earthquakes. The job was one to his liking and he did the subject justice. He created dazzling stalactites, peristyle, imposing statuary, fountains and gorgeous thrones. In fact nothing was omitted peculiar to the luxurious life of Pagan nobility.
Estes took the precaution to have two citizens sign their attesting marks to the thriller. The St. Louis paper took the whole thing without a grunt. It made a page. It was not until newspapers of the Mississippi Valley and some as far out as New York began telegraphing for pictures and sending out staff correspondence that the little subterfuge of the enterprising reporter was discovered.

The incident hurt neither Provines nor Estes. In fact the people of Moberly congratulated them many times over the handsome manner in which they fixed up the story and because of the fine advertisement it had proven for the town. Tim Collins was about the only man who was pestered by the joke. He had to put up a sign on his property which read as follows: “No burryied sity lunaticks aloud on these premises.” -

Moberlymonitor.com
edit on 22-2-2015 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

Big difference between giganticism we see now and "human skeletons three times the size of a normal human being".

Can you imagine seeing people walking around that were 15 - 18 feet tall?

Many of those stories and photographs have been proven to be hoaxes.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Also...how do you get a hollow lava bubble that encases a city? Wouldn't a lava flow have just obliterated the city? And do you get igneous formations directly under sedimentary ones like coal?

And how thick would a hollow lava bubble have to be to support itself with no buttressing or supports over the size of a huge city so big there wasn't any discernable end to it? I'd have thought the thing would collapse under its own weight, much less 360 feet of overburden.

Q

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
NVM, somebody caught it.

edit on 22-2-2015 by Q because: NVM, somebody caught it.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: FalcoFan

Lol wow, way to keep everything political.

Totally the 'pc crowd' covering this up to protect the notion of native Americans being here first.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
These types of things are always fun to engage in and speculate about, but we must be aware that the quality of journalism in the 1800's was atrocious. I wouldn't even bet a dollar on the legitimacy of these sightings based solely on the newspaper reports.

Journalism was of a horrible quality back then, and it is still pretty shocking today, lol. Don't get excited unless someone can find any supporting evidence elsewhere.

edit on 22-2-2015 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join