It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sobering New Evidence: at Least Half of Americans are Broke

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

3 post where you say absolutely nothing and haven't yet other than "your wrong"

I have the evidence of a Nation of 1.5 Billion who's degree seeking population is well over 60% in the Sciences that now has a singular city with a higher population then the nearest 8 US cities combined, has over taken the US economy for no 1 position in the world among a dozen other nearly economically supernatural feats

You have an article written in a Nation 17 trillion dollars in debt as your evidence...

Yet somehow i'm proving your point which is what? "short term" unemployment is worse than a society of people who long term don't actually have the skills to do a god damn thing?

You live in a nation with 50 Million telemarketers and Fast food employees, those aren't jobs my friend, you'd be better off poor as hell and use the time to keep learning basic logic skills the entire "unemployment" issue is an election issue to capture votes, the FIRST and ONLY place Jobs come from is people having the skills to create them, our paradigm is to stimulate spending on junk so people hire more "help" which is fickle just like our economy. The Asian Tigers understand and take a long term approach they aren't placing band aids on problems for elections.

FIRST COMES SKILLS then later on comes enterprise and Jobs that's actual growth

But Whatever, been only 8 years since I said the same words on the same topic about China and then it was "they wont overtake us ever" or "That's 20 years away" even IF which it wasn't That's an unemployed 22 year old being a rich 42 year old which is awesome compared to most of us...

If you even read American economic thought these days your IQ goes down about 20 points.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: criticalhit

What did you do for work to pay your rent while you were doing all this?

Ate $hiz

Not much man, the only way was lowering expenses to a degree that most people would call "not having a life" in reality and it took me a long time and only NOW am I getting it right, I had to mentally ditch "everything" I had come to believe growing up stateside constituted a life... Meditation had to replace "going out" the TV and Cable got turned off, went 2 years w/o a car, shut off the gas in summer and barbecued or just ate salad and stuff and took cold showers, I got food boxes from charity every month. athletics became my recreation I actually became "that guy" from a dating ad who "likes long walks in nature" lol.... lived in a trailer so rent was cheap as cheap gets...

When I said before a business begins with a laptop a phone and a domain, i'm not kidding

Doesn't mean I made much of anything, most clients went bad at first (was a bit out of my mind for sure) but ONLY because of my Mind if that makes sense, my sense of expectations of how I should live for lack of a better word as an American

Look man, more than one Lawyer has started his career as example, with no office, living out of a car 100 G in debt

It's just not our culture to make "our career" "our lives" we are obsessed with crap and showing off...

I'm FAR from rich, I finally have a nice ride... but honestly, it's because I am driven to get a very specific something done, and I wanted that bad enough to change MYSELF, it's hard to explain but by nature of divorce I became so POOR and I FEAR going to jail so bad and it got soooo low, I lost materialism and from there I was able to start, I realized I COULD be homeless with a laptop these days and suddenly have money even if I only made 600 bucks (and that's extreme) I chose health instead of drowning my sorrows... started watching Chinese Kung Fu with these beggers in rags who had more skills than anyone I knew, Forest Gumped it and just walked (I hate running) and with it all came.... I dunno? "Sanity"

Tony Robbins talks about it, for a lot, a lot, a lot of people getting wealthy comes from hitting rock bottom, your there and your ALIVE and you either want to be even though you have nothing at all or you don't and from there, 19 hrs a day for the equivalent of a fast food salary at first just feels 1000x better if your doing something you actually enjoy than a 401 K and 60 a year left with nothing because your brain "needs" this crap or that crap

I don't "need" anything, water and a salad (which is free at happy hr) taco Tuesdays lol and then ALL of you into SOMETHING

This is the "what" Mr Economics who is berating me just "doesn't get" in regards to why China beat our arses and why India is Next... Unemployment doesn't mean squat to people who come from a Rice Paddy, Unemployment is a Western Fear these days by the standard of "big house" "obscene meals" "lively expensive social life" "free time" but the experience of "NOTHING" is actually AMAZING, the food kills you, the nightlife kills you, free time is usually with cash in pocket a recipe for becoming stupid, If a "house" is a place to "sleep and study" you CAN pack 10 family members in and not pay squat and get rich IF they are on the same page...

Unemployed or not... if your educated and spend ALL your time doing "something", "something happens" is it a good enough start? NOT IF YOUR KEEPING UP WITH THE JONSES... which is where the "I have to have a job" thing begins

You said before... "the immigrants work for nothing" I'd offer for many of them the paradigm is different... The goal is to save money and they base their lives around their work not spending and any money at all accumulates if not spent and most Americans refuse to admit they are POOR so of course the priority is Spending "I can barely even cover my overhead" For those who know destitution there is NO OVERHEAD lol...

You also said " They had investors" DEFINITELY NOT before they did something, some people are just Geeks like Steve Jobs or Zuckerberg so they have "this" naturally and Truth, a lot of my life it was there already i was just diverted at times, I'm a giant nerd, I have the fascination for learning. Zuckerberg DID spend 2 days at a time coding without sleeping... for most Americans "There are labor laws against that" lol... and whatever these cats had or didn't at first that isn't the reason, your talking about people who... virtually did nothing else, whose passion became the entirety of their lives, The kid who built the Occulus, probably never left the house for 3 years he solved a 30 year vision related issue since Jaron lanier pioneered VR...

We in our society call people like this... NUTS, i'd offer... not being focused on the "external" the opposite of nuts, the place where you become genuinely human and interesting for real.

That place of becoming "human" absolutely is NOT, doing stuff you hate so you can dress better being a slave for others, never expressing yourself or not even knowing yourself well enough to have anything that fascinates you enough to do it all the time, we have expressions of personality warped into us in HS here... "I'm a preppie" or a "druggie" or a "rocker" or whatever... instead of, "I design eco friendly structures" or "create virtual worlds" or even just "garden"

Do you expect to be "hired" for your "passions" hell no not right out the gate, but keep doing and "something" happens... again is poverty worse than slavery? No.... Truth is you can do poverty with hella Dignity if your NOT a Consumer

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: criticalhitYou also said " They had investors" DEFINITELY NOT before they did something, some people are just Geeks like Steve Jobs or Zuckerberg so they have "this" naturally and Truth, a lot of my life it was there already i was just diverted at times, I'm a giant nerd, I have the fascination for learning. Zuckerberg DID spend 2 days at a time coding without sleeping... for most Americans "There are labor laws against that" lol... and whatever these cats had or didn't at first that isn't the reason, your talking about people who... virtually did nothing else, whose passion became the entirety of their lives, The kid who built the Occulus, probably never left the house for 3 years he solved a 30 year vision related issue since Jaron lanier pioneered VR...

Gates and Zuckerberg came from good families that were able to provide them with hands on tech opportunities no one else had access to. Bill Gates had access to a mainframe computer when most didn't have access to any sort of computer at all. Steve Jobs benefited HIGHLY from the Homebrew Computer Club and mostly just applied business skills to the genius of Woz (who he later scammed out of money).

As far as coding goes, it's actually pretty common to code for days at a time without sleep. I can really only speak from what I've observed here as well as my own personal experience but I've found that organizing my thoughts into logical steps seems to happen a bit more often after some sleep deprivation. When I have a particularly challenging programming task that I just can't seem to solve one of my go to tricks is to pull an all nighter, and by the next evening I'll usually be in a pretty good state to solve it.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

Thats a lot of words to not answer the question.

Care to give it a second shot?

What did you do to make money while you did all that? Nothing? You didnt make any money to buy your laptop and pay for the domain names and the internet needed in order to use the laptop in order to upload the code?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join