It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cats in Zero G

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

My point was most people only feel bad for the cute animals.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I believe bath time for a cat would be more traumatic to a cat than this would be. its especially traumatic for me since i am the one with lacerations up and down my arms. The cat trying to right itself perpetually because of the disorientation makes it look worse that I believe it to actually be.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

I believe you missed my point of the snake and the spider analogy. People usually only care about cute animals a majority of the time. in other words if you were cruel to a bat vs a bird I'm quite sure you would get different reactions from the majority of people out there.

Bathing my cat isnt easy at all but it has to be done at least twice a year for his hygiene, especial since he is not able to clean himself where he cant reach. His fur looks amazing after a bath and a good brushing. He freaks out too but I know how to effectively handle him so I minimize hurt to me and him. The vet is absolutely terrified of my cat, it took 3 people to control him to give him a shot for his own good. and thats after they doped him up with enough tranquilizers to take down 3 cats. the vet was astonished by this. He is a 17 pound short haired maine coon cat.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

You echoed my thoughts quite well about the chimp.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Well I guess that negates the whole, cats are aliens, thing .

It does look a bit cruel , I wonder if they found out anything of real value?

1%
edit on 23-2-2015 by my1percent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: enament

If you think this is cruel, i would like you to observe bath day for a cat . you would probably determine baths are cruel for cats too.

Giving a cat a bath and shooting it into a zero-gravity environment with a bunch of assholes tossing it around and laughing at it are not even close to being comparable situations.

Giving a cat a bath benefits the cat (unless it isn't necessary because the cat keeps itself clean naturally, as many do). Can you point out to me how the cat benefits from this "experiment"?

Or is it just being exploited, mocked, and abused.
edit on 2/23/15 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: enament

I had to laugh at the bathing your cat comments because it reminded me of bathing time for my cats when I had cats. LOL Sometimes they tolerate it quite well and other times you'd think they were being murdered. Hahahaha! I had to learn little tricks to ease the trauma. Being fast about it helps a lot. LOL They do know that you aren't trying to cause them harm, they just don't always like baths and are sure to let you know about it. In the video though, the cat had no clue what was happening and didn't know if it would end.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   

a reply to: stormbringer1701

Would you please show me where to find that information, I would like to know your source.

i tried to find but couldn't. sorry.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

I doubt they would arrange a flight costing 10's of thousands of dollars and possibly over a 100 thousand just to abuse a couple of cats and laugh at it. A cats instinct to right itself is quite unique and I believe this is what they were studying. I believe them tossing it to the wall was to check and observe if it had the same reaction as it would if gravity was present. in zero G there is no up or down so in my opinion if they were tossing it to the floor of the plane it would have appeared as bad.

I will explain more in a couple of hours I have to go and take my son somewhere.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Above should have read.
In zero G there is no up or down so in my opinion if they were tossing it to the floor of the plane it wouldn't have appeared as bad.

I tried to correct it when I got home . Apparently you have 4 hours to edit well it gave me 3 and a half and woulnt allow me to edit.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

These scumbags have nothing better to do than throw a cat against a wall over and over again. I was kind a hoping the cat would fling itself back and claw his eyes out. Now that would have been fitting irony.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Cats are an extremely resilient animal, and if this experiment benefited either the feline or human race in some way I don't have a problem with it. i honestly don't think it was as bad as some people have made it out to be. i'm sure they don't go spending that kind of money on an experiment for no apparent reason. I love cats, and I have seen my cat freak out way worse than that and was fine shortly after.

My cat has turned my arm to hamburger in the past at bath time, but I love him as a member of the family he is my fur child. He is loyal like a dog.

This was the coment below the video:
(Ok, this looks like it's mean I know. Back in the 80's, some NASA people brought a cat onboard the NASA "vomit comet" for a scientific experiment to see how it would handle floating in zero-gravity (cats always land on their feet, right?) The cat was neither amused nor happy with the experience. However, the kitty was not harmed or injured in any way. Thanks to www.spacearium.com )
And something else: www.stevethecat.com...

I have always had a great deal of respect for you and your opinions and like you very much as a kind hearted person, you are very nice to debate and converse with.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Animals are mis-treated in many ways and, up until now, I've never read or heard what I consider a reasonable justification for it.

When there is an element of mockery involved, while an animal is clearly suffering or bewildered, it makes it so much worse.

This sort of behaviour diminishes all of us. It's not being done in my name and I find it deplorable.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

This is what the comments say under the video i am trying to find out more :

Ok, this looks like it's mean I know. Back in the 80's, some NASA people brought a cat onboard the NASA "vomit comet" for a scientific experiment to see how it would handle floating in zero-gravity (cats always land on their feet, right?) The cat was neither amused nor happy with the experience. However, the kitty was not harmed or injured in any way. Thanks to www.spacearium.com

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: berenike
Animals are mis-treated in many ways and, up until now, I've never read or heard what I consider a reasonable justification for it.

When there is an element of mockery involved, while an animal is clearly suffering or bewildered, it makes it so much worse.

This sort of behaviour diminishes all of us. It's not being done in my name and I find it deplorable.

Bravo a person after my own heart. I am against many things people find perfectly ok like dog/horse racing and bull fighting. I am against the zoo and sea world also.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

If you think that was bad come and see what it takes to give my cat a needle at the vet, its quite an ordeal.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I am happy the cat was not hurt. But the video shows this scum bag throwing the cat against the wall over and over again. Like I said before I was hoping the cat would have clawed his face up or taken an eye out.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

a reply to: berenike

If you think that was bad come and see what it takes to give my cat a needle at the vet, its quite an ordeal.

Do you throw him at the wall over and over again? Claiming this is the same thing as going to the vet is a little but of a stretch.
edit on 24-2-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

The wall is the same as the floor in zero G, the cat was not harmed.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

The wall is the same as the floor in zero G, the cat was not harmed.

First off this is not in space it is an airplane making dives and I am pretty sure the cat still had mass.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join